What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Baseball Forum Pinned Thread (1 Viewer)

The story of Giolito transforming from the worst pitcher in baseball to a top 5 pitcher is quite amazing.  Damn I wish I had picked him up from waivers.

I don’t remember hearing that they were playing a baseball game in London.  All the sports want a part of that sweet sweet brexit

@hgomez27: BREAKING NEWS: According @CDN37 David Ortiz has suffered a shot wound on an apparent attempted robbery at Dial Bar on Santo Domingo Este, he has being transferred to a hospital and his condition is unknown.

#ZDigital #ZDeportes 

@z101digital @ZDeportes

David Dahl.

How should his season be assessed, from both a fantasy perspective and his real-life impact on the Colorado lineup? 

.330 BA/.379 OBP/.528 SLG/.907 OPS

6 HR 

28 RBI

2 SB's (4 caught stealing).

27% strikeout rate

7% Walk Rate

72% Contact Rate

.429 BABIP

I have him in a 5x5 league, so the average is great, and he seems to be on pace for about 18 HR's and maybe 70 RBI's. That's not bad at all.

In a real world sense, there seems to be a lot of emptiness in his numbers, which are inflated by a ridiculous BABIP. A big criticism I have read about .SLG and .OPS is that they over value doubles--Dahl is on pace for nearly fifty, which is a big prop for those two stats.

He strikes out over a quarter of his AB's, barely walks and doesn't put the ball in play. He is also woefully inefficient on the basepaths.

David Dahl.

How should his season be assessed, from both a fantasy perspective and his real-life impact on the Colorado lineup? 
been a fan for a while, so believe that the hurty factor will always be there with him. his #s have always been pretty consistent so the high BABIP & altitude factor wouldnt be big deals to me, but he should be looked at as a 130-game guy

elguapo07 said:
Yet do they have enough SP?  Serevino should be back eventually but are the Yanks gonna go out and get MadBum of Stroman?

Clint Frazier looked ready to cry in the clubhouse interview. I felt really bad for the kid. He was putting up decent numbers. 
Frazier/Stroman swap settles everything.

(I want the Jays to keep/extend Stroman but writing seems to be on the wall that it won't happen).

Stroman wears out, Frazier always looks like he's gonna cry and did ANYONE @ Sportscenter do a proper "Juan Then what?!" Abbott&Costello routine after the trade?

I'd rather keep Stroman as well. But he'd lead the Yankees pitchers in WAR, IP, ERA, etc, etc this year... with career ERA/FIP/xFIP about in line with Tanaka, who I guess to be fair also sucks.
1.312 WHIP, 7.0 K/9, his peripherals are either average or below average this year. Last year he was dreadful. Kind of silly to tout his career #s when hes clearly not as good as he once was or many thought he would be. The Yankees rotation sucks as it is so comparing him to their rotation is a waste of time. Tanaka also kind of sucks this year. If he was available I wouldn't trade Frazier for him either. Bottom line, I wouldn't trade a young cost controlled bat with an 0.843 OPS for an average/below average arm like Stroman who is a free agent at year end.

1.312 WHIP, 7.0 K/9, his peripherals are either average or below average this year. Last year he was dreadful. Kind of silly to tout his career #s when hes clearly not as good as he once was or many thought he would be. The Yankees rotation sucks as it is so comparing him to their rotation is a waste of time. Tanaka also kind of sucks this year. If he was available I wouldn't trade Frazier for him either. Bottom line, I wouldn't trade a young cost controlled bat with an 0.843 OPS for an average/below average arm like Stroman who is a free agent at year end.
:no:

A friend of mine mentioned the Indians trading Bauer for Frazier. I told him I think that's crazy because Bauer should command more.

Re Stroman vs. Frazier I think that's equally as crazy, but for the opposite reasons.

I tossed out Andujar and Frazier for Bauer as a more reasonable starting point.

Am I off base with any of the above? Frazier has some talent, but it may come with baggage and is his skill set really that unique? Maybe it's the lack of k's and dredge of a team killing his fantasy appeal and I'm just missing something, but I was under the impression Stroman is at best a middle of the rotation type you probably dont want as more than a secondary option come October. 

MLB leader in homers over the past calendar year.

Yelich with 53.

What may or may not surprise you is that next best is Hunter Renfroe with 44.

A friend of mine mentioned the Indians trading Bauer for Frazier. I told him I think that's crazy because Bauer should command more.

Re Stroman vs. Frazier I think that's equally as crazy, but for the opposite reasons.

Am I off base with any of the above? Frazier has some talent, but it may come with baggage and is his skill set really that unique? Maybe it's the lack of k's and dredge of a team killing his fantasy appeal and I'm just missing something, but I was under the impression Stroman is at best a middle of the rotation type you probably dont want as more than a secondary option come October. 
:shrug:  predictive stats vs. results, I guess. Stroman was/is better than Bauer in ERA, WAR, xFIP in 2016, 2017 and currently this season, plus in career numbers. Obviously last year Bauer was great and Stroman was awful and Bauer has shown the higher upside with that season last year.  

Career numbers

Stroman 3.83 ERA, 3.62 FIP, 3.56 xFIP

Bauer 3.89 ERA, 3.85 FIP, 3.98 xFIP

---

Stroman also has multiple 200+ IP seasons and has never taken himself out of a postseason rotation playing with drones.

Predictive stats like Bauer better going forward but more years than not, he hasn't been.

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard a theory that the Yankees sent Frazier down simply to get consistent at-bats because they believe the situation with Stanton and Judge will be lingering (especially with Stanton), and so when the inevitable happens, Frazier will be ready to step right back in, rather than try to pick up after sitting cold on the major league bench. 

I'd love Bauer for Frazier. I agree, that's not enough for Bauer.

I heard a theory that the Yankees sent Frazier down simply to get consistent at-bats because they believe the situation with Stanton and Judge will be lingering (especially with Stanton), and so when the inevitable happens, Frazier will be ready to step right back in, rather than try to pick up after sitting cold on the major league bench. 
They sent him down because he'd be the 5th outfielder (Stanton, Hicks, Judge, Gardner). Its not really a theory. They basically said as much.

Hey we don’t support the world’s most boring sport, but at least we aren’t organizing a straight pride parade 
Listen we’re moving to Florida in 5-10 years and want to be able to cheer for the Sox/Bruins when they play in Tampa. You guys have to get your #### together 

Listen we’re moving to Florida in 5-10 years and want to be able to cheer for the Sox/Bruins when they play in Tampa. You guys have to get your #### together 
Gllll. I haven’t been to a Rays game since 2014. You can have a pair of my Bolts tix though - 5 rows off the ice. :thumbup:  They aren’t going anywhere. 

"Hey we can't get public funding for a domed stadium so let's sell the idea of two open air stadiums to two different cities. I'm sure people will be thrilled to finance a part time team."

Montas 80 games for PEDs. I thought it was interesting he made a point of calling out it was a tainted supplement purchased in the USA, often in these cases it's assumed/presented as unknowingly taking something in a developing country - I assume that's why he had that in there.

Montas 80 games for PEDs. I thought it was interesting he made a point of calling out it was a tainted supplement purchased in the USA, often in these cases it's assumed/presented as unknowingly taking something in a developing country - I assume that's why he had that in there.
Canada has an air tight alibi

eoMMan said:
That sucks. Montas was one of the best waiver wire adds this year.  :thumbdown:
This is going to kill me.
80 games will run through the final weeks of the season so he's unlikely to pitch again this year. 

It'll be interesting to see where Montas is ranked/drafted next year on the basis of 90 solid IP.

Speaking of great waiver wire adds this season (so far), who would say has been the best hitter picked up?

Maybe Austin Riley?

Users who are viewing this thread