What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Baseball Forum Pinned Thread (3 Viewers)

I have no idea where to put this these days, but Trevor Bauer breaking down Max Kepler hitting five home runs off of him last season is really really good and regardless of what you think of Bauer (I think he's sometime brilliant, sometimes a ##### and probably on the spectrum somewhere...), it's worth watching if you like baseball.

https://youtu.be/Bbmxd0ihlQM

I’m not sure why they are showing this Mets-cards regular season game from 1985 on mlb network.

but tom herr’s glasses are majestic

oh I see, it’s opening day April 9 1985.  I thought that it was a September game

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex Gordon is still playing for the royals?

bobby Witt jr.?

this scroll of all the team rosters and coaching staffs is really opening my eyes to things 

Mike matheny managing the royals, huh?   What happens in Missouri, stays in Missouri.

and has cal eldred as pitching coach as well as rusty ####z on staff! 

Sources: Under MLB proposal to players, a player making $35 mil in 2020 would make about $7.8 mil.  A player making 10 mil would get about 2.9 mil and a player making a mil would make $434k.

:lmao:  owners 

Potential salary cuts in MLB plan, sources tell @JesseRogersESPN and me:

Full-year   Proposal

$563.5K   $262K
$1M           $434K
$2M          $736K
$5M          $1.64M
$10M        $2.95M
$15M        $4.05M
$20M       $5.15M
$25M       $6.05M
$30M       $6.95M
$35M       $7.84M

:lmao:   :lmao:  

Sources: Under MLB proposal to players, a player making $35 mil in 2020 would make about $7.8 mil.  A player making 10 mil would get about 2.9 mil and a player making a mil would make $434k.

:lmao:  owners 
It is good (finally) to see the players unified and using their leverage. 

Yes. Guessing the owners weren’t expecting that. 
Given the relative improvement of the CV situation and the relative deterioration of the return to play talks, probably safe to go ahead and call this a lockout. 

What would be the ideal way to do a fantasy baseball season with 60 games?  My league currently does weekly head-to-head with 6 teams making the playoffs.  I'm not fond of that format as is, but particularly this year, with that format, we'd be looking at 6 or so weeks of regular season followed by 3 weeks of playoffs, which seems pretty fluky and lame.

Do I try to convince folks to do roto for a year?  Short of that, switch to double (or triple) matchups per week in the regular season, and reduce playoff teams to four?  What else are folks thinking of doing?

What would be the ideal way to do a fantasy baseball season with 60 games?  My league currently does weekly head-to-head with 6 teams making the playoffs.  I'm not fond of that format as is, but particularly this year, with that format, we'd be looking at 6 or so weeks of regular season followed by 3 weeks of playoffs, which seems pretty fluky and lame.

Do I try to convince folks to do roto for a year?  Short of that, switch to double (or triple) matchups per week in the regular season, and reduce playoff teams to four?  What else are folks thinking of doing?
Gobbler scoring

The interleague play will be between closest rivals, so in a sixty-game schedule Washington will get six games against Baltimore, and the Mets will get six against the Yankees.

Seems fair. 

The interleague play will be between closest rivals, so in a sixty-game schedule Washington will get six games against Baltimore, and the Mets will get six against the Yankees.

Seems fair. 
EDIT: Never mind, I saw the update to how the schedule will work. 

My league normally is 16 teams, points-based, head-to-head (two weekly matchups for all but the first three weeks of the regular season ... total of 39 games -- 5 x 3 division opponents, 2 x 12 non-division opponents).

I just sent out an email to the league throwing out a bunch of options (a lot will depend on if all 16 decide to play ... I'm leaving it open as possibly treating this season as separate from our history, maybe not even carrying over draft picks or keepers).

1. Head-to-head vs. all teams: Obviously a team going 15-0 (or 0-15) every week potentially will make a big difference in the final standings.

2. Partial-week head-to-head schedule: I don't think CBS even allows this, but we also are considering trying out other websites just for this season.

3. Purely points based season: Like Roto, but teams just would accumulate points from start to finish to determine the champion

4. Weekly points based: We could award an automatic playoff berth to the top scoring team each week, and then fill out the remaining playoff bracket (6 teams, 8 teams, whatever) with the top overall scoring teams that didn't win a week. This way, no team ever is out of it.

Open to any other ideas anyone might have.

My league normally is 16 teams, points-based, head-to-head (two weekly matchups for all but the first three weeks of the regular season ... total of 39 games -- 5 x 3 division opponents, 2 x 12 non-division opponents).

I just sent out an email to the league throwing out a bunch of options (a lot will depend on if all 16 decide to play ... I'm leaving it open as possibly treating this season as separate from our history, maybe not even carrying over draft picks or keepers).

1. Head-to-head vs. all teams: Obviously a team going 15-0 (or 0-15) every week potentially will make a big difference in the final standings.

2. Partial-week head-to-head schedule: I don't think CBS even allows this, but we also are considering trying out other websites just for this season.

3. Purely points based season: Like Roto, but teams just would accumulate points from start to finish to determine the champion

4. Weekly points based: We could award an automatic playoff berth to the top scoring team each week, and then fill out the remaining playoff bracket (6 teams, 8 teams, whatever) with the top overall scoring teams that didn't win a week. This way, no team ever is out of it.

Open to any other ideas anyone might have.
I’m in a similar league, we are likely going All Play record time determine playoffs and then normal H2H for the playoff teams

just figured season long all play would be too anticlimactic 

I’m in a similar league, we are likely going All Play record time determine playoffs and then normal H2H for the playoff teams

just figured season long all play would be too anticlimactic 
Yeah, should have clarified. We would do “all-play” for the six weeks or whatever of the regular season, and then head to head for the playoffs.

But assuming the max of 6-7 weeks for a regular season, that can be some wild swings for a 15-0 or 0-15 week.

Maybe we can still do divisions and have partial all-play. Haven’t thought it that far through ... still trying to gauge everyone’s thoughts. (Thankfully it seems everyone wants to play ... guys are just itching for something to do.)

We have 12 teams and are going to go to a six week regular season with double headers most weeks so that every team plays everyone else 1 time.  Then we will seed for playoffs with the top 4 teams making it (and all of those teams getting some winnings).  It will be a one week semi final and then the winners matchup in the finals for two weeks. 

The Cubs play-by-play team of Len Kasper and Jim Deshaies will do every game from Wrigley Field. For the road games they are going to have a giant monitor in front of them with the feed of the home team broadcast. 

I don't know if this set up is specific to the Cubs, or if it is a league wide mandate. 

I feel like Mike Trout is going to end up opting out and the whole season is going to be meaningless. Also every dynasty league or redraft league that has already held their draft.

Jays not playing in Toronto (per federal government) because they'd be travelling back and forth from various cesspools and don't want it to spread up here (translation is mine)

----

“Unlike preseason training, regular season games would require repeated cross-border travel of Blue Jays players and staff, as well as opponent teams into and out of Canada. Of particular concern, the Toronto Blue Jays would be required to play in locations where the risk of virus transmission remains high,” Mendicino said.

“Based on the best-available public health advice, we have concluded the cross-border travel required for MLB regular season play would not adequately protect Canadians’ health and safety. As a result, Canada will not be issuing a National Interest Exemption for the MLB’s regular season at this time.”

Jays not playing in Toronto (per federal government) because they'd be travelling back and forth from various cesspools and don't want it to spread up here (translation is mine)

----

“Unlike preseason training, regular season games would require repeated cross-border travel of Blue Jays players and staff, as well as opponent teams into and out of Canada. Of particular concern, the Toronto Blue Jays would be required to play in locations where the risk of virus transmission remains high,” Mendicino said.

“Based on the best-available public health advice, we have concluded the cross-border travel required for MLB regular season play would not adequately protect Canadians’ health and safety. As a result, Canada will not be issuing a National Interest Exemption for the MLB’s regular season at this time.”
as you probably have seen, Jays will be playing in Pittsburgh.

oops, scratch this.  State of PA says eff you, Joe Carter.

as you probably have seen, Jays will be playing in Pittsburgh.
Nope... per Ken Rosenthal

Blue Jays’ quest to play home games at PNC Park in Pittsburgh indeed falling apart, sources tell The Athletic. Pennsylvania state government has not approved. Team exploring alternative solutions. First: @Buster_ESPN.

And Will Graves

HARRISBURG _ The Pennsylvania Department of Health announced today that it will not allow the Toronto Blue Jays to play their shortened 2020 season at PNC Park in Pittsburgh.

Nope... per Ken Rosenthal

Blue Jays’ quest to play home games at PNC Park in Pittsburgh indeed falling apart, sources tell The Athletic. Pennsylvania state government has not approved. Team exploring alternative solutions. First: @Buster_ESPN.

And Will Graves

HARRISBURG _ The Pennsylvania Department of Health announced today that it will not allow the Toronto Blue Jays to play their shortened 2020 season at PNC Park in Pittsburgh.
you were too quick for me...

...and now Kershaw a late scratch and to IL. Great start to the season!

(Though Dustin May is a suitable replacement in terms of entertainment value)

t-mobile free mlbtv codes being sold at slickdeals.com for $5 amazon gift card.  worked for me.  just an fyi.  if anyone needs help, i could facilitate since i figured it out.

The Giants seem like they might be the worst team ever assembled. But the Dodgers seem a little too giddy and full of themselves. Pretty certain the Giants win tonight. 

Users who are viewing this thread