What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Twitter is for the olds, according to my 14 yr old daughter (1 Viewer)

ILUVBEER99 said:
the vast majority of twitter users rarely post.  It's more about following news sources and people you're interested in.

Makes sense kids don't use it.  
Unfortunately I think the news people use Twitter as their source as well as their platform

Snapchat is really underrated.  Every once and a while there will be a doom and gloom stories about how they aren't doing as well as the others, but Imo they aren't going anywhere.  The messaging, video chat, group video chat, filters, etc. are all done really well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find Twitter to be a wide range of demographics actually. Rarely teens though. Mostly 20 something's and up. 

It seems like one customizes their own twitter feed so much that it's hard making general observations about its content. I mostly see young, hip libbies like myself making fun of dumb tweets from a certain segment of our population. But those of you not as young and hip as me might not look at a similar twitter every day.

Oh, and apparently almost everybody who's not a coach of some kind hates the NCAA.

Kids are all about Snapchat and Instagram. They like it because it’s almost all visual. Twitter is still the way place to stay on top of important news in any area of interest. 

Twitter and Facebook are the suck for all kinds of reasons.  It blows that kids figured this out before the rest of us.  
There’s dark elements on Twitter (all of the internet and all of human life) but why does it suck? You don’t like access to information?

my godchildren & their mother talked me into Myspace 15 years ago and i went along cuz they were leaving the nest and i wanted to track their prog but a year or so later they were like, "Myspace is beat, we're going to facebook". i said "nope" cuz i knew i'd have to follow them thru nineteen different emanations and havent been on the soc since. i watch my estranged son's band vids on my sister's fb a couple times a year and that's it.

my godchildren &... 
My eyesight changes regularly. One day I'm far sighted; the next I'm near. 

When on my phone, things can get doubly bad. I'm on my phone. 

My first thought is:

What are goonchildren? 

My 2nd thought:

Ah - my eyes are f'd again. 

My conclusion:

Nah - this is wikkid. Very possibly goonchildren. Nothing would surprise me. 

Note: No actual children were insulted in this post. Only wikkid. 

I had a moment when MySpace announced it lost a decade of uploaded songs. 

:bag:

Last edited by a moderator:
I use Twitter for networking and marketing purposes. If I didn't have to, I would never use it.

Users who are viewing this thread