What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kemoko Turay vs. Tyquan Lewis (1 Viewer)

Tick

Footballguy
Both 2nd round picks last season... which of these two is the better dynasty prospect?

Bramel listed Turay as the much better pick last season in rookie drafts here, FBG staffers agreed with their rookie rankings here.

Ourlads shows Lewis as the starter over Turay here.

Turay outscored Lewis over last season in FF, but Lewis outscored Turay weeks 10-17.  Turay had slightly more snaps, but pretty even.

It seems like an opportunity spot if one can step up and claim the spot.  Is one of these guys worth a shot?

Tick said:
Both 2nd round picks last season... which of these two is the better dynasty prospect?

Bramel listed Turay as the much better pick last season in rookie drafts here, FBG staffers agreed with their rookie rankings here.

Ourlads shows Lewis as the starter over Turay here.

Turay outscored Lewis over last season in FF, but Lewis outscored Turay weeks 10-17.  Turay had slightly more snaps, but pretty even.

It seems like an opportunity spot if one can step up and claim the spot.  Is one of these guys worth a shot?
If you have an open roster spot and the cost is low to nothing then sure I would go after one or both (if you have the room).  If I was just picking one I would go with Turay.  In the few times I have watched him he seems really athletic in a way that could really translate if he figures it out.

I agree that one (or both) are solid dart throws. 

I have Turay on my roster and Lewis remains on the wire. They'd both be on the wire if I hadn't added Turay as a stash in December. Turay was an add/drop for 2 others teams between August and October. Turay had decent press, while I don't recall even hearing about Lewis until you posted his name. Not the most useful answer, but at least gives an idea on which may be more likely to sit on the wire if you have to choose only 1.

EDIT: Turay owned in all my leagues. Lewis only owned in a 28 team contract league (where rookies are far more likely to stick on rosters)

Last edited by a moderator:
Justin Houston may be a DE with the Colts now.
Immediately making him a decent add. It's likely he's not going to be a high snap count guy (or even give you a full 16 games) but even at 70% of snaps he's probably a stud DE. 

Also immediately caps the production of Turay/Lewis in the process. 

Today's blurbs on MFL via rotowire say Lewis may kick in to DT and Turay is likely to be 3rd in the DE rotation behind Sheard and Houston. I'd link but rotowire links on MFL never go right to the actual article. 

Today's blurb via MFL (article link)

(Rotoworld) 1070 The Fan's Kevin Bowen reports the Colts want 2018 second-round DL Tyquan Lewis to play more on the interior this season.

Analysis: On injured reserve with a foot injury to begin his career, Lewis recorded two sacks in 338 snaps after returning. The Colts have more depth on the outside this season after signing Justin Houston, freeing up Lewis to rush more from the inside, where he shined at Ohio State. Especially if Lewis can take a step forward, the Colts' pass rush looks like it will be more potent in 2019.

Users who are viewing this thread