What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Zion Williamson a freak of nature. (1 Viewer)

ZenoRazon

Footballguy
They come around every so often, Jim Thorpe, Jesse Owens, Cassius Clay,  Jim Brown, Wilt Chamberlain, Usain Bolt.

This kid has thrown a football 80 yards in the air, and has stud TE written all over him.  I have no doubts he could cook a 4.6 low in a 40.

Anxious to see him in the tourney, how many.....damn, did I just see that?  Yep....Barry Sanderish, Gale Sayerish.

Hope big $$$$$$$$$$$$ doesn't spoil a good thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best freshman I’ve ever seen in almost 4 decades of watching basketball. He’s the next Jordan from a marketing perspective 

Unreal athletic ability.  The most surprising thing for me is how quick he is for a guy his size.  Dunks and post moves are great but the passing and amount of steals he gets are amazing.

Would be a fantastic TE, imo.  With his hands and hops, talk about 50/50 balls in the end zone.  I bet his 40 would also surprise everyone.  ~4.4 imo.   

Making black people like duke>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>walking on water.

Jayrok said:
Unreal athletic ability.  The most surprising thing for me is how quick he is for a guy his size.  Dunks and post moves are great but the passing and amount of steals he gets are amazing.

Would be a fantastic TE, imo.  With his hands and hops, talk about 50/50 balls in the end zone.  I bet his 40 would also surprise everyone.  ~4.4 imo.   
How insane is his vert? I would love to see that tested.

Also he seems like a great guy. Every interview he gives, he puts the team first. After pulling off a huge comeback win earlier this year, they asked how they did it and he said something like "Coach K tells us we are winners so we have no choice but to win." 
I honestly haven't watched much this year, but that looks so ridiculous I just enjoy the raw talent and defer to @ZenoRazon and his thoughts on the young man. And it led me down a Lauryn Hill/Israel tip that I wasn't expecting. Mr. Intentional is quite the song from Unplugged.  

Jayrok said:
LSU agrees with you. They offered him a scholarship as a tight end even though he’s never played organized football (his high school didn’t have a team).

James will look like an old man compared to Zion next season...wait James is old.

He's incredible to watch and as a beaten down Knicks fan it bums me out that he didn't end up there. Not because I'd be rooting for a winner or anything like that. I just truly wish I could flip to MSG on game nights and watch him play even if just for 20 minutes a night. 

Dude averages ONE dribble per touch.  He is flying into the wind of the NBA and excelling.  Fun to watch.  He'll be the face of the NBA for 15 years.

I love how Francesas whole argument about him not being a superstar was he couldn't guard the biggest freak in the nba. Nobody can. 

He's incredible to watch and as a beaten down Knicks fan it bums me out that he didn't end up there. Not because I'd be rooting for a winner or anything like that. I just truly wish I could flip to MSG on game nights and watch him play even if just for 20 minutes a night. 
It's quite the phenomenon. I've always casually kept up with the Hornets/Pelicans over the years and had been to one game before.  Since Zion arrived, I have watched every game that I have been home for, kept up with most of the others on GameCast, and have been down to watch two of the games in person in the last couple of months, including the matchup versus Ja. The dude just makes you want to watch. He's that special of a talent. And he has not disappointed. 

It's quite the phenomenon. I've always casually kept up with the Hornets/Pelicans over the years and had been to one game before.  Since Zion arrived, I have watched every game that I have been home for, kept up with most of the others on GameCast, and have been down to watch two of the games in person in the last couple of months, including the matchup versus Ja. The dude just makes you want to watch. He's that special of a talent. And he has not disappointed. 
Same here.  I've never watched much basketball.   I've been to a hand full of Hornets/Pelicans games and had a great time, but I never really followed or cared much about them.  I especially hate that every time we get a star player, we know he's gonna bolt as soon as he can for a bigger market.  

With Zion here, I'm actually checking the schedule, trying to watch the games when I can.  I'm hoping to become more of an NBA fan going forward, and its 100% because of Zion.

nirad3 said:
Dude averages ONE dribble per touch.  He is flying into the wind of the NBA and excelling.  Fun to watch.  He'll be the face of the NBA for 15 years.
No way he lasts 15 years with that body.

Users who are viewing this thread