What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 NCAA Tourney Thread: Nation has to watch Virginia again (1 Viewer)

It's running late this year.  I think Villanova beat Georgetown on April Fool's day (85?).  Somebody pulled a huge upset on 4/1 in the final.
Yeah, the last Final Four I attended was 1996 and the championship game (Kentucky-Syracuse) was on 4/1. We went to Opening Day at Shea earlier in the day.

@GoodmanHoops 48m48 minutes ago

More

Sitting next to @Andy_Staples reminiscing about greatest day of hoops we ever saw — 2008 in Tampa: -

No. 12 Western Kentucky beats Drake on @tyrogershoops buzzer-beater. -

No. 13 San Diego beats No. 4 UConn -

No. 13 Siena beats No. 4 Vandy -

No. 12 ’Nova beats No. 5 Clemson
I had forgotten all four of those happened at the same venue. I was in Vegas that year and watched at least the first two of these at the old Hilton. I remember losing a pile of pocket change on Vandy as well. It was crazy there.

I've been in the arena for a 15-over-2 (Coppin State over South Carolina, 1997), a 14-over-3 (Old Dominion over Villanova; '95), and a 12-over-5 (Arkansas over Penn State, '96). I also was in Providence when Princeton nearly (should have?) beat Georgetown in the 16-vs.-1 in 1989. I can only imagine seeing four of these in one day.

Entire crowd is in green and white for the 13 seed two hours away. Cool. 
When Vermont beat Syracuse it was in Worcester, which is essentially the same distance. Even as well as 'Cuse travels they had no chance from a fan standpoint that night.

When Vermont beat Syracuse it was in Worcester, which is essentially the same distance. Even as well as 'Cuse travels they had no chance from a fan standpoint that night.
Yea it sucks since no fsu fans are there but it doesn’t exactly seem to be a raucous crowd. 

If yale could actually make some threes this could turn into a game.  They are 4-25. 

ETA: 4-26 now

Last edited by a moderator:
~~~~~~▐▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▌
~~~
▄▄██▌▌ DON'T BE RICHARDS ABOUT LOSING,
▄▄▄▌▐██▌.▌         LOUISVILLE FANS
███████▌.▌▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▌
▀(O)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(O)(O)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▘

It's tourney time! :excited:

If yale could actually make some threes this could turn into a game.  They are 4-25. 

ETA: 4-26 now
Just agonizing to think about.  Was a team strength too. 40 minutes of basketball is such a small sample size.

Although I also think the game probably would have looked different if Yale was making a few of those threes.  LSU let Yale back in it because they slowed down their offense way too early with a 10ish point lead. If Yale had kept it closer LSU probably would have played much better on offense over the last ten minutes.

Interesting eye gouge strategy from yale. 

And on fire from three!! Hey guys, thanks for showing up...

Got to the bar where we watch NFL, only to find that ZERO of the seven TVs were on the tourney!  What the hell is the matter with people.    Bartender had been asked to put it on but couldn’t get it to work.  I asked him for the remote and reset them all.  Now the hero of the bar.  

WTF though.

Got to the bar where we watch NFL, only to find that ZERO of the seven TVs were on the tourney!  What the hell is the matter with people.    Bartender had been asked to put it on but couldn’t get it to work.  I asked him for the remote and reset them all.  Now the hero of the bar.  

WTF though.
Bartender should be fired on the spot. And stripped of his man card for crissakes.

FSU just continues to take these insane shots with three guys draped on them while fading away. 

WTF though.
The general malaise of Pac NW sports bars to actually pay attention to current sports motifs is a con to living here, IMO.  Only one, though. 

Users who are viewing this thread