What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official FBG Shark Pool Census*** (1 Viewer)

Thanks to the 84 of you who filled out the survey.

Here are the results summarized into charts.

Among people who responded:

Our ages range from 31 to 68, with an average of 48.2.
We are 92.9% American, 97.6% White, and 97.6% Male.

On the averages below, keep in mind that the midpoint on a 1-5 scale is 3, not 2.5.

Political spectrum: 5.43 / 10 (higher = further right) (midpoint = 5.5)
Political interest: 3.21 / 5 (higher = greater interest)

Global Warming: 2.35 / 5 (higher = more skeptical)
Immigration: 2.74 / 5 (higher = fewer restrictions)
Minimum Wage: 3.44 / 5 (higher = higher minimum wage)
Gay Marriage: 4.24 / 5 (higher = should be legally recognized)
Feminism: 3.46 / 5 (higher = more favorable)
Basic Income: 2.71 / 5 (higher = more favorable)
Donald Trump: 2.18 / 5 (higher = more favorable)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to the 84 of you who filled out the survey.

Here are the results summarized into charts.

Among people who responded:

Our ages range from 31 to 68, with an average of 48.2.
We are 92.9% American, 97.6% White, and 97.6% Male.

On the averages below, keep in mind that the midpoint on a 1-5 scale is 3, not 2.5.

Political spectrum: 5.43 / 10 (higher = further right) (midpoint = 5.5)
Political interest: 3.21 / 5 (higher = greater interest)

Global Warming: 2.35 / 5 (higher = more skeptical)
Immigration: 2.74 / 5 (higher = fewer restrictions)
Minimum Wage: 3.44 / 5 (higher = higher minimum wage)
Gay Marriage: 4.24 / 5 (higher = should be legally recognized)
Feminism: 3.46 / 5 (higher = more favorable)
Basic Income: 2.71 / 5 (higher = more favorable)
Donald Trump: 2.18 / 5 (higher = more favorable)
Interesting stuff.  The link doesn't seem to work to show the full results though, just says the survey is over.

I thought there would be some younger people than 31 in here for sure.  Also surprised at such a high percentage being white.  Only 2 minorities out of 68 seems really low considering only 72% of Americans are white.

The rest seems fairly standard.  Guess a little surprised so many are skeptical of global warming.

Did Not Connect: Potential Security Issue

Firefox detected a potential security threat and did not continue to goo.gl because this website requires a secure connection.

Couldn't take the poll on my work computer

Most shocking is the utter lack of anyone reasonably considered “youthful” here.  The next generation truly has abandoned the message board format in favor of more ephemeral communication it seems.

Consistent with expectations, the board leans more “left” on specific issues than they think they do on the generic “left/right” axis.  Symptomatic I suspect of everyone defining “moderate” as closer to their personal positions than a true median viewpoint would be.  So this board is a bit left-leaning but thinks of themselves as centrist.  

(Not trying to bring any political flames to the Shark Pool here, and I suspect we’d see the same sort of split on a right-leaning board.  But it’s relevant here because we’re probably all applying the same kind of “bias” in things like our rookie rankings or player projections.)

The last one out should remember to blow out the lantern.

I would be interesting to see if these numbers were different in the first week of September instead of the last week in March.

Last edited by a moderator:
The last one out should remember to blow out the lantern.

I would be interesting to see if these numbers were different in the first week of September instead of the last week in March.
Excellent point. This could be a symptom of dynasty league participants vs. redraft.

I am younger than the 31 low, I DEMAND A RE-COUNT!  I actually didn't participate since I didn't see this til now so it's fine.  

The geographic distribution was a little surprising --> Wisconsin tied for #1?   Texas was not a surprise, but Wisconsin?   I guess all the Cheeseheads gotta live somewhere....

I guess with the few overall responses (84?) the data is skewed.... 

But I do appreciate seeing the data!  Thanks!

Yeah well we know about young people not participating in voting. Agree with the comment that it would be interesting to do this in September instead of March. But it is probably safe to say that the forum is not as young as we might have thought.

Yeah well we know about young people not participating in voting. Agree with the comment that it would be interesting to do this in September instead of March. But it is probably safe to say that the forum is not as young as we might have thought.
No, and it's getting older. I was a late adopter of message boards, and I'm surprised more young people don't adopt it. They might as they get older, but that's to be seen. Twitter is such a valuable source of information from people with great sources that you can bypass the information gleaned from conversation and go straight to the source.  

No, and it's getting older. I was a late adopter of message boards, and I'm surprised more young people don't adopt it. They might as they get older, but that's to be seen. Twitter is such a valuable source of information from people with great sources that you can bypass the information gleaned from conversation and go straight to the source.  
Also Reddit has kind of taken over the ultimate 1 stop "message board". 

Yep. Which is kind of sad. I don't really dig it at this point, precisely because of the one-stop nature of it. I wonder at what point Twitter eats that up, too, or if it will be the other way around.  

For most of my 30s I worked in a government lab where many websites were blacklisted. Not just that they weren't allowed to visit but you would actually be redirected automatically and your attempt would be logged. Anyway Reddit was on the list but FG wasn't. So I have never really spent much time there. 

Users who are viewing this thread