What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tragedy and the Chiefs (1 Viewer)

ZenoRazon

Footballguy
Not looking good for Tyreek Hill right now unless something has changed I'm not aware of, this really sucks, he is one of the most exciting players ever.

Having to dump Kareem Hunt totally sucked, and what he did really wasn't all that. She wouldn't back off.

I can't think of any franchise as snake bit as the Chiefs.

Olympic sprinter/200m WR Stone Johnson a 9.3 100 guy was a stud RB out of Grambling, in a preseason game in 61/62? he sustained and injury......died.

Mack "The Truck" Lee Hill a monstrous FB (never seen a more powerful back) who averaged over 5 yards a carry between the tackles, banged up a knee.....died on the operating table. Only two seasons, yet in their ring of honor, he made that kind of impact.

Ken Thomas (bro of Ram RB Jewerl) a 10.0ht sprinter was out of a SJS and was one the nations top DB's, why the chiefs switched him to RB...??? He banged up a knee, ended a career that never got started.

Joe Delaney ran on an NCAA winning 4x1 team while at NWLa (Mark Duper on the team) he was 9.4 cat and gained over 1000 yards rushing as a rookie. Before his second season he drowned trying to save some kids in a river, he couldn't swim.

The Derrick Thomas story, a sad one.

I certainly wouldn't put Hunt and Hill in the same category as the others.  They had choices and made very poor ones.  Hill was known to be a major character concern coming into the league, otherwise he would've been drafted much sooner than the 5th round.

Not looking good for Tyreek Hill right now unless something has changed I'm not aware of, this really sucks, he is one of the most exciting players ever.

Having to dump Kareem Hunt totally sucked, and what he did really wasn't all that. She wouldn't back off.

How can you justify a professional athlete physically attacking a woman as "what he did wasn't all that" ?  Violence was his choice here.  He could have walked away.  His decision was to make it a physical event.  Sure she instigated the incident, but that does not excuse him.

To include him (& Hill for now) with the others here is shameful.  The others were by all appearance in today's society, responsible and mature athletes who fate took a bad turn.

seems like both these guys are aholes.  they took a chance and it blew up in their face.  i dont feel bad for them.  they got more out of them, esp hill, than almost anyone would have thought.  

Hill better get locked up this time.  that guy has some major issues hurting other humans

Last edited by a moderator:

Olympic sprinter/200m WR Stone Johnson a 9.3 100 guy was a stud RB out of Grambling, in a preseason game in 61/62? he sustained and injury......died..
 Some sad stories in here, some stories of athletes who can’t help themselves from beating women or children . Comparing Joe Delaney to Tyreek Hill is oxymoronic and imbecilic.

But a 9.3 guy you say? That’s way faster than Usain Bolt’s world record of 9.58! 

Some sad stories in here, some stories of athletes who can’t help themselves from beating women or children . Comparing Joe Delaney to Tyreek Hill is oxymoronic and imbecilic.

But a 9.3 guy you say? That’s way faster than Usain Bolt’s world record of 9.58! 
100 yards Vs 100 meters

I actually love that this is happening to the Chiefs.  They choose to draft these dirtbags knowing who they were.  Now they reap what they sow.  

This is what you get when you draft a player that chocked his pregnant girlfriend.  I just wish it happened sooner.  
Agreed.  Play with fire...

Snorkelson said:
It’s something for a chiefs fan to talk up a powerful back as “the most” after watching Christian okoye. 
I'm a Niner fan.

They call Hill..The Truck...for a reason.  And to average over 5 yards a carry mostly between the tackles says it all.

Hill ran as if somebody had said something about his mama, he ran angry. Seen all the great Chiefs backs starting with the speedy Abner Haynes. Yes Okoye had a ton of power but it;s...also.  Hill ran harder and packed just as much wallop.

Strange thing about all these guys is they all came out of small schools, Haynes North Texas State, Okoye Azusa Pacific, Hill Southern U.

Tornacl said:
I certainly wouldn't put Hunt and Hill in the same category as the others.  They had choices and made very poor ones.  Hill was known to be a major character concern coming into the league, otherwise he would've been drafted much sooner than the 5th round.
Point was ....Chief players who had that career cut short.

Birdie048 said:
How can you justify a professional athlete physically attacking a woman as "what he did wasn't all that" ?  Violence was his choice here.  He could have walked away.  His decision was to make it a physical event.  Sure she instigated the incident, but that does not excuse him.

To include him (& Hill for now) with the others here is shameful.  The others were by all appearance in today's society, responsible and mature athletes who fate took a bad turn.
Point....Chief players who had that career cut short.

Funny how if you talk about women not belonging in football vs men, it's.....that;s sexist, sure they do. Now it's...but she's a woman so treat here differently....huh?

Edgar said:

Imbecilic is thinking anyone was comparing anything.  What comparison?

9.3 is the old 100 yards which Bolt could probably run in around 8.8....dead serious.,

irish eyes said:
Not sure how you equate 2 criminal thugs beating women with tragedy and the other stories.
Not sure how you don't get....

Chiefs who for some reason had that Chiefs career cut short..

Guys lay off of Zeno. He wanted to start yet another thread of his own in this forum so that he could talk about how sad and tragic it is for Hill and Hunt to have their careers cut short over abusing women and children, and how that's basically as tragic as dying trying to save drowning children. Let's just feel bad for KC and their misfortunes of having players careers ended by injury, death, or just as tragic... domestic violence/abuse. 

Guys lay off of Zeno. He wanted to start yet another thread of his own in this forum so that he could talk about how sad and tragic it is for Hill and Hunt to have their careers cut short over abusing women and children, and how that's basically as tragic as dying trying to save drowning children. Let's just feel bad for KC and their misfortunes of having players careers ended by injury, death, or just as tragic... domestic violence/abuse. 
Then there is always reality, ever give it a shot?

What Hill and Hunt did was a tragedy to all those involved,  are you saying that isn't true, well? Do you understand the word.....tragedy?

I guess I could have seperated the others and......then we had these two....but I did assume most here have common sense and got what was being said.

trag·e·dy

/ˈtrajədē/

noun

noun: tragedy; plural noun: tragedies

an event causing great suffering, destruction, and distress, such as a serious accident, crime, or natural catastrophe.

"a tragedy that killed 95 people"

synonyms:disaster, calamity, catastrophe, cataclysm, devastation, misfortune, misadventure, mishap, reverse, vicissitude, setback, trial, tribulation, affliction, blight, injury, adversity, sad event, serious accident; More

shock, blow;

pain, sorrow, misery, distress, agony, unhappiness, sadness, disappointment;

informalbummer

"the tragedy of his early death"

antonyms:fortune, joy

a play dealing with tragic events and having an unhappy ending, especially one concerning the downfall of the main character.

synonyms:tragic drama, drama, play;

literarybuskin

"Shakespeare's tragedies"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hunt a tragedy....crime

Hill a tragedy.....crime

The Truck.....injury

Johnson....serious accident

Thomas...."the tragedy of his early dearh"

Delaney...."the tradgedy of his eary death

As we can see all ....a tragedy.

He is saying the organization is snakebit.    Not that they were all choirboys.    I think what makes it tougher on the organization is that it we all knew about hill's past transgressions, but seemed like he turned the corner.   With Hunt, we knew nothing of the incident, and the guy seemed like a good egg.  Then the video surfaces of the shove.      That's what makes it a punch in the gut to the organization.

Disclaimer:    I have no relationship or heritage connected to zeno.   I am also not being paid for this post.    I am though long on both Hill and Hunt Dynasty stock.  :(

He is saying the organization is snakebit.    Not that they were all choirboys.    I think what makes it tougher on the organization is that it we all knew about hill's past transgressions, but seemed like he turned the corner.   With Hunt, we knew nothing of the incident, and the guy seemed like a good egg.  Then the video surfaces of the shove.      That's what makes it a punch in the gut to the organization.

Disclaimer:    I have no relationship or heritage connected to zeno.   I am also not being paid for this post.    I am though long on both Hill and Hunt Dynasty stock.  :(
I did assume that was pretty obvious, a common sense thing.

OBVIOUSLY....the Hill/Hunt situation was different, to think anyone would think they were similiar to the others..........how?

Let me try this again.

The Chiefs have had a lot of bad luck with it's players when it comes to injury, and legal issues.

Stone Johnson, Derrick Thomas, Joe Delaney, Ken Thomas, Mack Lee HilL all having injury end the career and all but Thomas having their life ended.

Tyreek Hill and Kareem Hunt another kind of situation,  here it was child abuse and violence towards a female. 

Bottom line is all of them had a promising career cut short.

The biggest tragedy is that as a QB starved franchise that had to settle for recycling SF or NE QB’s....they picked the wrong year to end up with the number one pick and had to take an offensive lineman for gods sake...there were NO QB’s worth a #### in that draft.....they missed out on Luck by one year...

with that said.....Mahomes thankfully changes the narrative in KC for the next 12 years or so.....he should be a free agent beacon and as long as they draft half way decent and sign players to reasonable contracts.....the next 15 years should be pretty solid....for a franchise that has been solid but had some bad playoff experiences under Marty, etc.....the wait will hopefully be worth it with a QB who is seriously legit and should keep the Chiefs in ANY game for the foreseeable future...

The biggest tragedy is that as a QB starved franchise that had to settle for recycling SF or NE QB’s....they picked the wrong year to end up with the number one pick and had to take an offensive lineman for gods sake...there were NO QB’s worth a #### in that draft.....they missed out on Luck by one year...

with that said.....Mahomes thankfully changes the narrative in KC for the next 12 years or so.....he should be a free agent beacon and as long as they draft half way decent and sign players to reasonable contracts.....the next 15 years should be pretty solid....for a franchise that has been solid but had some bad playoff experiences under Marty, etc.....the wait will hopefully be worth it with a QB who is seriously legit and should keep the Chiefs in ANY game for the foreseeable future...
One of the more interesting franchises over the years, some unique athletes have played in Dallas/Kansas City.  In their history I'd have to go with the Derrick Thomas situation as the most tragic.

Being a legend in your own mind doesn't make you a legend.

What I don't do is defend men who attack defenseless women and then insinuate they had it coming.  

I also don't pat myself on the back for starting boring threads.
But you do ignore the thread title and think you can play critic. 

You seem to whine around a lot, why?

The real bummer in all this is we never got to see a 9.3 sprinter at RB in Stone Johnson, there had never been a faster RB ever up to that point.

We never got to see what Mack "The Truck" would have done down the road, would he have been an all time great and the same with Joe Delaney.

Ken Thomas was a stud, one of the fastest players in the nation moving to the RB position, what might he have done?

Hopefully Hill/Hunt learn what just isn't acceptabe behavior and can move on with what looks to be a promising career.

MEL JOHNSON

A free-agent wide receiver, Johnson had a heart attack during an operation for wrist surgery in March 1980 and died five days later. He never played in a game for the Chiefs, but then-coach Marv Levy thought Johnson could have made an impact.

“He had so much potential, and we told him he’d have an opportunity to make it in this league,” Levy said.

BRUCE MCLENNA

McLenna, a free-agent running back, was killed on June 18, 1968, in a Jeep accident near Urbana, Mo., during Army Reserve summer camp. He was expected to join the Chiefs later that summer.

Users who are viewing this thread