What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Pete Buttigieg Thread *** (1 Viewer)

Saw this on twitter:

Roop Raj @rooprajfox2 · 38m

EXCLUSIVE: I talked one on one with @PeteButtigieg who is speaking on behalf of the @JoeBiden camp. His message to @BernieSanders supporters and his message to Detroit, Thursday on @FOX2News.

I, for one, am really looking forward to seeing Pete's future political endeavors.  He is obviously not a VP candidate for Biden, but it will be interesting to see where he lands.

Pence's personal beliefs versus Trumps personal actions are one thing, but his policy stances at least line up with Trumps.  Policy affects ALL Americans.  It was a valid question and rather than answer he just attacked the other side with a pointlessly bad analogy.  Liberal politics as usual I guess, take every position without taking any position.  

Pence's personal beliefs versus Trumps personal actions are one thing, but his policy stances at least line up with Trumps.  Policy affects ALL Americans.  It was a valid question and rather than answer he just attacked the other side with a pointlessly bad analogy.  Liberal politics as usual I guess, take every position without taking any position.  
You missed the second part.  Pence called the immigration tactics unconstitutional - until trump stared using those tactics.  Great analogy cause it’s even worse comparison

Reparations for illegals did him in.  Thought he had a good chance before that.  Based on previous policies and statements (relative to Biden), I would have thought he would have resonated with minorities better than Biden.

The photo on CNN showing Chasten and Pete sharing a hospital bed while holding their children tells me that they have horrible health insurance.  Couldn't they have their own hospital beds for such a difficult delivery of twins?  

Wait.  Why are the non-birthing people taking up a hospital bed?  "Tell that COVID patient to wait for the hospital bed until we get our photo op."  

Serious congrats on having the kids, and I'm sure they will make a wonderful family.

The photo on CNN showing Chasten and Pete sharing a hospital bed while holding their children tells me that they have horrible health insurance.  Couldn't they have their own hospital beds for such a difficult delivery of twins?  

Wait.  Why are the non-birthing people taking up a hospital bed?  "Tell that COVID patient to wait for the hospital bed until we get our photo op."  

Serious congrats on having the kids, and I'm sure they will make a wonderful family.
“The Buttigiegs are also parents to two dogs -- Truman and Buddy.”

Let’s not do this CNN.  TIA.

To say Buttigieg dropped the ball is underselling it. From the supply chain , cancel flights everywhere and trying to sandbag 5G rollouts . He’s done a horrendous job. Can you imagine if they push Kamala out and shoehorn this guy down our throats, good lord

HellToupee said:
To say Buttigieg dropped the ball is underselling it. From the supply chain , cancel flights everywhere and trying to sandbag 5G rollouts . He’s done a horrendous job. Can you imagine if they push Kamala out and shoehorn this guy down our throats, good lord
He's not the problem with 5G rollouts; it's the airlines.   The DOT has nothing to do with cancelled flights.   

From the White House:

JANUARY 05, 2022•BLOG

Happy New Year! We are kicking off 2022 with a focus on three important supply chain topics.

First, the U.S. goods movements supply chain ended a record-breaking year with a record-breaking holiday shopping season. Data from Mastercardindicate holiday sales rose 8.5 percent compared to 2020 and 10.7 percent compared to pre-pandemic 2019. Consumers also received nearly 99 percent of their packages on time or with minimal delays from USPS, UPS, and FedEx while delivery times for all three delivery services were 26 to 40 percent faster than before the pandemic.

Second, as we begin the new year, the Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach announced a new fee on long-dwelling empty containers, building on the success of the fee announced on long-dwelling import containers in November. This will hopefully accelerate the removal of empty containers that are currently clogging the ports. In addition, efforts to ensure U.S. exporters are treated fairly continue:  the Port of Oakland announced new actions to improve U.S. exports, particularly agricultural exporters.

Third, we have taken new steps to monitor potential Omicron-related disruptions at ports overseas and at home while working with the public and private sectors to prioritize the throughput of medical supplies at the nation’s ports.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/nec/briefing-room/2022/01/05/a-record-setting-holiday-season/

:thumbup:

It is currently out-of-stock due to supply chain issues but should be delivered in 6 months...

Here is some reading for you, so you can update your talking points appropriately:

From the White House:

JANUARY 05, 2022•BLOG

Happy New Year! We are kicking off 2022 with a focus on three important supply chain topics.

First, the U.S. goods movements supply chain ended a record-breaking year with a record-breaking holiday shopping season. Data from Mastercardindicate holiday sales rose 8.5 percent compared to 2020 and 10.7 percent compared to pre-pandemic 2019. Consumers also received nearly 99 percent of their packages on time or with minimal delays from USPS, UPS, and FedEx while delivery times for all three delivery services were 26 to 40 percent faster than before the pandemic.

Second, as we begin the new year, the Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach announced a new fee on long-dwelling empty containers, building on the success of the fee announced on long-dwelling import containers in November. This will hopefully accelerate the removal of empty containers that are currently clogging the ports. In addition, efforts to ensure U.S. exporters are treated fairly continue:  the Port of Oakland announced new actions to improve U.S. exports, particularly agricultural exporters.

Third, we have taken new steps to monitor potential Omicron-related disruptions at ports overseas and at home while working with the public and private sectors to prioritize the throughput of medical supplies at the nation’s ports.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/nec/briefing-room/2022/01/05/a-record-setting-holiday-season/

:thumbup:

That's OK...no need to read some political talking points when I see what is going on out in the real world.

Yeah ok - figured adding facts to the conversation was a step too far.

Sorry that Santa missed your house.  Everything we ordered got here on time, including two things that originally had a January delivery date.

Yeah ok - figured adding facts to the conversation was a step too far.

Sorry that Santa missed your house.  Everything we ordered got here on time, including two things that originally had a January delivery date.

That is great and I am rooting for you that your Mayor Pete bobblehead will be arriving sooner rather than later...seems like a wonderful way to start the New Year!

Last edited by a moderator:
“It has promised $17 billion in investments at ports as part of the infrastructure law. But given that most links in the supply chain are owned by the private sector, the administration has found few short-term solutions to the supply crunch.“

:shrug:   Unless you are advocating for government takeover of private industry it seems like your posts are in the wrong thread…

Secretary of Transportation doesn’t get to really be a headliner.

If Biden does retire he will be right there on the short list to assume the spot.

Got a lot of publicity in my world when they recently came out with the DOT airline customer service dashboard. But maybe that's because I'm always focused on travel. Still, it was the first time I recall the head of the DOT getting much publicity.

Pete weighs in on Desantis' stunt

Going to be interesting next year when Biden announces he isn't running for re-election.
Yep. Lots of qualified candidates, but Pete may be my #1 choice as of now. Guy is phenomenal.
How is he phenomenal?

He's a good debater. Not sure how he's phenomenal though, don't know where he stands on any issue.
South Bend isn’t better after his reign, that’s for sure.

Going to be interesting next year when Biden announces he isn't running for re-election.
Yep. Lots of qualified candidates, but Pete may be my #1 choice as of now. Guy is phenomenal.
How is he phenomenal?

He's a good debater. Not sure how he's phenomenal though, don't know where he stands on any issue.

Either was/is the supply chain...but he does ride his bike for the last leg of his ride to work.

How is he phenomenal?

Everything I read was generally positive.

How is he phenomenal?

He ran a pretty issue heavy campaign for president. If you can dig up his old campaign website it outlined where he stands on almost every issue.

How is he phenomenal?

He ran a pretty issue heavy campaign for president. If you can dig up his old campaign website it outlined where he stands on almost every issue.
I live outside of south bend and it’s definitely not better than when he came in. Then again, what city is?

How is he phenomenal?

I live outside of south bend and it’s definitely not better than when he came in. Then again, what city is?
I am just reading various articles and they all indicated things improved when compared to other cities it’s size.

There was lots of talk about some initiative to tear down old buildings that was successful. A push to vitalize the downtown which was mixed but generally perceived as positive, most growth measurements were up, etc.

What did you see living there?

How is he phenomenal?

I am just reading various articles and they all indicated things improved when compared to other cities it’s size.

There was lots of talk about some initiative to tear down old buildings that was successful. A push to vitalize the downtown which was mixed but generally perceived as positive, most growth measurements were up, etc.

Here are some articles with more detail:

How is he phenomenal?

Yep. Violence in SB and racial issues were areas in question in the articles I read that weren’t puff pieces. I‘m not going to bother posting articles in here (everyone can google “Mayor Pete South Bend”) but for the most part what I saw was positive.

If Biden does seek re-election as I suspect by then South Bend won’t really be the issue, it will be how he answers issues of the day. He excels in that area he’s a very good speaker.

I think he’ll start off on a short list of about 5 candidates and we’ll see what transpires from there. I like his chances against Kamala.

Last edited:

How is he phenomenal?

Yep. Violence in SB and racial issues were areas in question in the articles I read that weren’t puff pieces. I‘m not going to bother posting articles in here (everyone can google “Mayor Pete South Bend”) but for the most part what I saw was positive.

If Biden does seek re-election as I suspect by then South Bend won’t really be the issue, it will be how he answers issues of the day. He excels in that area he’s a very good speaker.

I think he’ll start off on a short list of about 5 candidates and we’ll see what transpired from there.

Why wouldn't South Bend be an issue? A presidential candidate always has his career vetted...this will be rehashed as will his performance as the Secretary of Transportation during the supply chain crisis...he will absolutely be on the short list, but he will have a lot of explaining to do with regard to his performance in both positions (which appear to be nothing more than average at best) and it will start with the dem primary which will be an all-out brawl if Biden doesn't run again.

How is he phenomenal?

He did clean up a lot of downtown, it needed it. It is suffering more of big city ills now. He wasn’t around much when the national spotlight was on him, seemed to have his eye on a bigger gig than South Bend.

How is he phenomenal?

I think he’ll start off on a short list of about 5 candidates and we’ll see what transpired from there.

Why wouldn't South Bend be an issue? A presidential candidate always has his career vetted...this will be rehashed as will his performance as the Secretary of Transportation during the supply chain crisis...he will absolutely be on the short list, but he will have a lot of explaining to do with regard to his performance in both positions (which appear to be nothing more than average at best) and it will start with the dem primary which will be an all-out brawl if Biden doesn't run again.
Mistakes were made/ ignored 2016 -- (yes, a but Trump)

How is he phenomenal?

Because he won’t have been the mayor of South Bend for a long time. As I said before he has lots of positives to point towards in SB. People aren’t going to care.

Similarly, without googling no one knows anything Department of Transportation does, let’s be honest. I suspect he will have plenty of things to point to that he accomplished that will bore people to death.

Every candidate‘s history will be shredded by the process. There is no one who can escape this.

It will be how he and every candidate answers questions and what their agenda is. A moderate Dem has a very good chance.

How is he phenomenal?

Mistakes were made/ ignored 2016 -- (yes, a but Trump)

it always helps when the opposition party wants you to win because they deem you very beatable.

Users who are viewing this thread