What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Pete Buttigieg Thread *** (4 Viewers)

Pete weighs in on Desantis' stunt

Going to be interesting next year when Biden announces he isn't running for re-election.
Yep. Lots of qualified candidates, but Pete may be my #1 choice as of now. Guy is phenomenal.
How is he phenomenal?

He's a good debater. Not sure how he's phenomenal though, don't know where he stands on any issue.
He ran a pretty issue heavy campaign for president. If you can dig up his old campaign website it outlined where he stands on almost every issue.
I live outside of south bend and it’s definitely not better than when he came in. Then again, what city is?
I am just reading various articles and they all indicated things improved when compared to other cities it’s size.

There was lots of talk about some initiative to tear down old buildings that was successful. A push to vitalize the downtown which was mixed but generally perceived as positive, most growth measurements were up, etc.

What did you see living there?

Here are some articles with more detail:

Yep. Violence in SB and racial issues were areas in question in the articles I read that weren’t puff pieces. I‘m not going to bother posting articles in here (everyone can google “Mayor Pete South Bend”) but for the most part what I saw was positive.

If Biden does seek re-election as I suspect by then South Bend won’t really be the issue, it will be how he answers issues of the day. He excels in that area he’s a very good speaker.

I think he’ll start off on a short list of about 5 candidates and we’ll see what transpired from there.

Why wouldn't South Bend be an issue? A presidential candidate always has his career vetted...this will be rehashed as will his performance as the Secretary of Transportation during the supply chain crisis...he will absolutely be on the short list, but he will have a lot of explaining to do with regard to his performance in both positions (which appear to be nothing more than average at best) and it will start with the dem primary which will be an all-out brawl if Biden doesn't run again.
Because he won’t have been the mayor of South Bend for a long time. As I said before he has lots of positives to point towards in SB. People aren’t going to care.

Similarly, without googling no one knows anything Department of Transportation does, let’s be honest. I suspect he will have plenty of things to point to that he accomplished that will bore people to death.

Every candidate‘s history will be shredded by the process. There is no one who can escape this.

It will be how he and every candidate answers questions and what their agenda is. A moderate Dem has a very good chance.

Actions are more important with words.

Pete weighs in on Desantis' stunt

Going to be interesting next year when Biden announces he isn't running for re-election.
Yep. Lots of qualified candidates, but Pete may be my #1 choice as of now. Guy is phenomenal.
How is he phenomenal?

He's a good debater. Not sure how he's phenomenal though, don't know where he stands on any issue.
He ran a pretty issue heavy campaign for president. If you can dig up his old campaign website it outlined where he stands on almost every issue.
I live outside of south bend and it’s definitely not better than when he came in. Then again, what city is?
I am just reading various articles and they all indicated things improved when compared to other cities it’s size.

There was lots of talk about some initiative to tear down old buildings that was successful. A push to vitalize the downtown which was mixed but generally perceived as positive, most growth measurements were up, etc.

What did you see living there?

Here are some articles with more detail:

Yep. Violence in SB and racial issues were areas in question in the articles I read that weren’t puff pieces. I‘m not going to bother posting articles in here (everyone can google “Mayor Pete South Bend”) but for the most part what I saw was positive.

If Biden does seek re-election as I suspect by then South Bend won’t really be the issue, it will be how he answers issues of the day. He excels in that area he’s a very good speaker.

I think he’ll start off on a short list of about 5 candidates and we’ll see what transpired from there.

Why wouldn't South Bend be an issue? A presidential candidate always has his career vetted...this will be rehashed as will his performance as the Secretary of Transportation during the supply chain crisis...he will absolutely be on the short list, but he will have a lot of explaining to do with regard to his performance in both positions (which appear to be nothing more than average at best) and it will start with the dem primary which will be an all-out brawl if Biden doesn't run again.
Because he won’t have been the mayor of South Bend for a long time. As I said before he has lots of positives to point towards in SB. People aren’t going to care.

Similarly, without googling no one knows anything Department of Transportation does, let’s be honest. I suspect he will have plenty of things to point to that he accomplished that will bore people to death.

Every candidate‘s history will be shredded by the process. There is no one who can escape this.

It will be how he and every candidate answers questions and what their agenda is. A moderate Dem has a very good chance.

Actions are more important with words.
In national elections I don’t really believe this. Look at the last few elected Presidents. It’s about agendas and messaging.

Biden - The safest, best choice to defeat a crazy person. His record in DC was a negative for close to half the voters.

Trump - don’t really need to say anything more, all he did was talk ******** :lol:

Obama - Merely a few years in the Senate, people didn’t care. Best speaker we had seen since Clinton.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread