What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Here they go again (1 Viewer)

NCCommish

Footballguy
So the DCCC, Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, just put out a new set of rules for its vendors aka consultant firms. They say if you work with a Democrat who is primarying a sitting Democrat we will black ball you. They will not be listed as a preferred vendor and will not get recommended to any campaigns. Have very democratic of them. This is done for one reason only, to protect incumbents. 

There is a reason we have primaries. If the incumbent, with all the powers of incumbency, can't win in a district then maybe they aren't representing that district very well. And maybe it's time for them to go.

At the end of the day this won't work. Consultants will take jobs because they like to eat and a niche industry of people who specialize in taking down incumbents will be born. And practice makes perfect. It just shines a light on how much the establishment fears people like AOC and Ayanna Pressley.

So the DCCC, Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, just put out a new set of rules for its vendors aka consultant firms. They say if you work with a Democrat who is primarying a sitting Democrat we will black ball you. They will not be listed as a preferred vendor and will not get recommended to any campaigns. Have very democratic of them. This is done for one reason only, to protect incumbents. 

There is a reason we have primaries. If the incumbent, with all the powers of incumbency, can't win in a district then maybe they aren't representing that district very well. And maybe it's time for them to go.

At the end of the day this won't work. Consultants will take jobs because they like to eat and a niche industry of people who specialize in taking down incumbents will be born. And practice makes perfect. It just shines a light on how much the establishment fears people like AOC and Ayanna Pressley.
Does the DCCC have a leader?

The DCCC is an oozing ####-filled boil on the behind of America.  It causes me grave concern that we as a populace are forced to rely on them to competently and ethically do their jobs in order to defeat Trump in 2020.

We are all screwed aren't we?

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s probably not a good thing to make such rules. 

But I also think that all of these primary challenges occurring in both parties because a candidate failed some ideological litmus test is not a good thing for our political system. It’s making us more divided, more extreme. 

democrats developing some internal discipline might be a good sign if we want to avoid more trump
I agree, and I wish the Republicans had done something like this before their party somersaulted off into crazy-town.  Party discipline serves a good purpose when it comes to sanding down the rough edges of politics.

I agree, and I wish the Republicans had done something like this before their party somersaulted off into crazy-town.  Party discipline serves a good purpose when it comes to sanding down the rough edges of politics.
I don’t know much about this issue and have only read what’s been posted here but taking it at face value I don’t see this as party discipline but putting your thumb on the scale.  

This isn't party discipline.  This is incumbent protection. Incumbent protection isn't democracy. But not all incumbents perhaps. Because there has been a lot of talk of primarying certain upstarts. Would that be party discipline or more evidence that the corrupted maybe have their own interests in mind? 

It’s probably not a good thing to make such rules. 

But I also think that all of these primary challenges occurring in both parties because a candidate failed some ideological litmus test is not a good thing for our political system. It’s making us more divided, more extreme. 
Isn't primary challenges because someone failed an ideological litmus test the heart of our democratic system and process?  

What do you suppose party discipline is? 
I was ignorant of it - just read some about it and based on that I see why they do these things but still disagree with it.  If we were not stuck with just 2 parties I’d be ok with more things like this but as it is it just seems like the folks in power stacking the deck to stay in power.

Continually amused when partisans realize their leaders are humans just like the people they so fervently oppose and will do the same unscrupulous things they point to other side at with scorn.

It's gotten so i hope the clusterhug of DemNom candidates spits out someone who beats branding even more than beats the incumbent. 

This isn't party discipline.  This is incumbent protection. Incumbent protection isn't democracy. But not all incumbents perhaps. Because there has been a lot of talk of primarying certain upstarts. Would that be party discipline or more evidence that the corrupted maybe have their own interests in mind? 
I could be misinterpreting this and I certainly don't claim to have my finger on the pulse of the Democratic party, but my reading of their stance is that it's an effort to get out in front of the AOC wing and stop it from multiplying.  Obviously AOC and Omar personally benefit from a no-primary policy right now, but their tribe is the target.

I could be misinterpreting this and I certainly don't claim to have my finger on the pulse of the Democratic party, but my reading of their stance is that it's an effort to get out in front of the AOC wing and stop it from multiplying.  Obviously AOC and Omar personally benefit from a no-primary policy right now, but their tribe is the target.
This rule won't apply to them I'd be willing to bet. And it will have the unintended consequence of making the upstarts look better and bring more attention to their cause. 

I agree with IK on this. I don't think incumbents should have blanket protection but the problem is that, especially in safe districts, representatives feel more pressure from the wings of their party than they do the other side. It's at least in part why Republicans are largely scared to even peep about Trump while he's dragging the country and their own party into the toilet. So it doesn't just make the parties more extreme by having the crazy primary challengers win, it makes the whole party more extreme because incumbents are reactive the wings of their base. I don't like it in Republicans, and I don't like it in Democrats even though by policy I'm probably more towards the party left. 

And they keep saying it's everyone else who's the problem :lmao:  
It is though. 

The establishment wing of the Democrat party is crooked, clinging to power, corrupt in special interest money, and contemptuous of the base, because that’s what establishments do. But they also know how to win elections most of the time. The base wants to put up candidates with ideas that swing voters are not willing to accept. If they have their way, Trump could get re-elected. So yeah they are the problem. 

It is though. 

The establishment wing of the Democrat party is crooked, clinging to power, corrupt in special interest money, and contemptuous of the base, because that’s what establishments do. But they also know how to win elections most of the time. The base wants to put up candidates with ideas that swing voters are not willing to accept. If they have their way, Trump could get re-elected. So yeah they are the problem. 
Sure....let's trust the people mostly responsible for putting Hillary up against Trump....go for it.  See how it works out this time :thumbup:  

I'm done arguing this....you can believe what you want.  The results speak for themselves.  I've told you many times the Dems seem to be on the same path as the GOP in terms of party health.  Apparently they think that if they do the same things the GOP does, it will somehow end differently for them.  Good luck with that :shrug:  

timschochet said:
It is though. 

Unless you count losing the Senate, the Congress, over 800 state house seats, a bunch of governorships, the presidential race to an idiot and not to mention too many local races to count, yeah they know how to win.

The Commish said:
Sure....let's trust the people mostly responsible for putting Hillary up against Trump....go for it.  See how it works out this time :thumbup:  

I'm done arguing this....you can believe what you want.  The results speak for themselves.  I've told you many times the Dems seem to be on the same path as the GOP in terms of party health.  Apparently they think that if they do the same things the GOP does, it will somehow end differently for them.  Good luck with that :shrug:  
If the dems are protecting establishment candidates they are most certainly not on the same path as the GOP.  Maybe the end results for the party's health will be the same but the democrats are seemingly trying to avoid having their candidates pulled into the "never compromise" litmus tests used to primary candidates which has made the GOP the devil it has become.

If the dems are protecting establishment candidates they are most certainly not on the same path as the GOP.  Maybe the end results for the party's health will be the same but the democrats are seemingly trying to avoid having their candidates pulled into the "never compromise" litmus tests used to primary candidates which has made the GOP the devil it has become.
I specifically said party health. They can both be very sick in very different ways. The dems seem to br choosing insanity as their ailment. That's the only way to explain doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result

Users who are viewing this thread