What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hot Ones (1 Viewer)

I just discovered this show on YouTube last week. The interviewer sits down with various celebs--Natalie Portman, Neil degrasse Tyson, Kevin Hart, and others--and asks them 10 questions while they both eat increasingly hot chicken wings. The dude is a good interviewer and the staff has done their research on the guests. I love watching the very human reaction as the guests try to deal with, eventually, stupid hot sauces.

Me and a couple of buddies decided to do this during March Madness. I ordered 3 sauces from the show and another friend picked another 4 he thought were interesting. It was ok for us until around 300,000 scoville units, the spiciness measure for peppers. After that it was just uncomfortable and a weird cascade of body reactions: my eyes watered; I got the chills when I should have been stupid hot; I almost sharted; I had to take laps around bws, but we got through it. I spent $20 on milk at the bar, just to help ease the hotness.

There are 8 seasons. I highly recommend it. We're gonna try some more sauces when my buddy gets back from the airport tonight. We're gonna have some chicken nuggets with a sauce rated at 2 million scoville. Keep my colon in your prayers tomorrow morning. I'm gonna be tingling at both ends.

Anyone else seen this? Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
I spent a late night on youtube watching about 20 episodes.  It is a fun show.  I think I was pointed there when he had Charlie Day on. 

Me and a couple of buddies decided to do this during March Madness. I ordered 3 sauces from the show and another friend picked another 4 he thought were interesting. It was ok for us until around 300,000 scoville units, the spiciness measure for peppers. After that it was just uncomfortable and a weird cascade of body reactions: my eyes watered; I got the chills when I should have been stupid hot; I almost sharted; I had to take laps around bws, but we got through it. I spent $20 on milk at the bar, just to help ease the hotness.
Why would anyone voluntarily choose to do this to themselves?

I have watched about 20 of these.. even the "celebrities" I have never heard of turn out well.  :thumbup:

Kevin Hart, Bill Burr, Key & Peele.. lots of good ones.

if you are an Eric Andre fan be sure to watch that one.

Padma Lakshmi (Top Chef) was the most impressive episode I saw

As someone who had to sign a WAIVER at a resto/pub before getting my suicide wings... ya, it's stupid.

Young and invincible and "how hot can they be?", because I had this freakish ability to eat thai peppers like candy, almost.

Well... no. I was actually bleeding out of my poop shoot after. I could barely breath and the cramps were death inducing. Idiotic

DallasDMac said:
I had no experience with these "hot for the sake of being hot" sauces.

I always assumed you put sauce on stuff for flavor, if they are spicy or even really spicy.. for flavor.  So having said that, living in Texas for most my life I have eaten some pretty hot and spicy peppers and salsa's/sauces.

Was in a bar/grill in Panama City last year where they make their own hot sauces... the bar tender (yes hot), kept bragging about them, and once she found out I was from Texas was relentless trying to get me to try them.  She gave me 4... first 2 were actually good.  I was just dipping the end of a straw in and putting a dab in my mouth.  3rd one was called Dragon's Fire - what the hell?  Within seconds my face flushed, nose running.  4th one was called LAVAAAAAAA!!!!  Pretty sure my lips were melting, I somehow got it on my hands and was wiping my nose.. my nose caught fire.  Ice doesn't help, sugar didn't help, milk didn't help.  My poops for the next 48 hours HURT.

Never again.  I completely misunderstood what this game was about... it is not about flavor, it is about inflicting pain.

DallasDMac said:
It was a mix of seeing how hot the sauces are, how hot I could go, and bonding with my friend I started 5alking about it with. Now that I've done it, I feel that I have a good understanding of what level hot sauce I want for what dish I'm having. I won't be doing the crazy ones again

Big fan as well.  Love when they get to Da Bomb hot sauce which almost always gets the best reactions.

As someone who had to sign a WAIVER at a resto/pub before getting my suicide wings... ya, it's stupid.

Young and invincible and "how hot can they be?", because I had this freakish ability to eat thai peppers like candy, almost.

Well... no. I was actually bleeding out of my poop shoot after. I could barely breath and the cramps were death inducing. Idiotic
same here... was this in Somerville?

I don't know how they do it. Last night I had some Korean instant ramen that listed 8,808 Scoville units. My whole head was burning and I felt dizzy. 5 digits at more Scoville units must be torture, and 6 digits sounds like suicide. Maybe I'm just a #####.

Yup, many of times it seemed like the celebrity was coasting along until they hit the Da Bomb. 

I believe it's #7 on the lineup
I may be mistaken but Da Bomb looks like hottest pepper in it is Habenero and rated at 135,000 scoville ? If so, there may be some acting going on?

One-chip challenge was reaper chips and I like watching the celebs like Shaq and Kelce do that one. I order dried Reapers off Amazon and crush and put into stuff. Not too hot if mixed right but they are 2mm scoville.

I also have The End sauce. Super small dab'll do ya at 6mm! Wear gloves and wash your hands before taking a pee if you didn't. Trust me on this one as learned the hard way!

I've also noticed the pattern where at some point the reaction is not in line with the scoville rating of the sauce.   My theory is that there's a point after which it no longer matters how hot the sauce is b/c whatever it is that senses heat in your mouth has become completely neutralized.    

MikeMan said:
I may be mistaken but Da Bomb looks like hottest pepper in it is Habenero and rated at 135,000 scoville ? If so, there may be some acting going on?

One-chip challenge was reaper chips and I like watching the celebs like Shaq and Kelce do that one. I order dried Reapers off Amazon and crush and put into stuff. Not too hot if mixed right but they are 2mm scoville.

I also have The End sauce. Super small dab'll do ya at 6mm! Wear gloves and wash your hands before taking a pee if you didn't. Trust me on this one as learned the hard way!
I have a bottle of The End. I love it on mac and cheese.

I had no experience with these "hot for the sake of being hot" sauces.

I always assumed you put sauce on stuff for flavor, if they are spicy or even really spicy.. for flavor.  So having said that, living in Texas for most my life I have eaten some pretty hot and spicy peppers and salsa's/sauces.

Was in a bar/grill in Panama City last year where they make their own hot sauces... the bar tender (yes hot), kept bragging about them, and once she found out I was from Texas was relentless trying to get me to try them.  She gave me 4... first 2 were actually good.  I was just dipping the end of a straw in and putting a dab in my mouth.  3rd one was called Dragon's Fire - what the hell?  Within seconds my face flushed, nose running.  4th one was called LAVAAAAAAA!!!!  Pretty sure my lips were melting, I somehow got it on my hands and was wiping my nose.. my nose caught fire.  Ice doesn't help, sugar didn't help, milk didn't help.  My poops for the next 48 hours HURT.

Never again.  I completely misunderstood what this game was about... it is not about flavor, it is about inflicting pain.
I concur.  I have a high tolerance for spicy food, and I'm a bit of an arm-chair chile snob.  I throw down 2 or 3 serranos with breakfast (on the rare days I eat breakfast); and, I've been known to pull fresh chiles from my pocket in restaurants.  

As far as the high-end of the heat chart sauces, sure they're hot, but so are a smoldering briquettes.  Pass.

Love this show. found it on youtube what seems like 2 years ago. 

Its amazing how the the hot sauce lowers everyone's guard and you get really candid answers to Sean's questions. 

I have gone through the looking glass with hot sauce in the past couple years.  

Last week I had hot sauce so hot it immediately gave me a nosebleed.  that was new.    

The hottest wings I ever had had a little sticker on the container they came in, do not get this sauce on tender areas of your skin. So like my lips and tongue and throat?

You're thinking of Cluck-U

911 is plain nasty, smells funky etc, I do love their Thermonuclear though
Naaa...was talking about Hell Night at East Coast Grill in Inman

Phantom gourmet  - https://youtu.be/C73xkOIIdeU

http://forkitoverboston.blogspot.com/2010/01/hell-night-culinary-adventure-that-will.html?m=1

I then picked up a second and thought I was going to die!!!!!  I felt like a burn victim.  My lips were on fire, my tongue felt like it had swollen to 10x is normal size and I was sobbing inside.

Users who are viewing this thread