What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Should the Mueller report be made public (1 Viewer)

Should the Mueller report be made available to the public

• Total voters
Context is everything.

There are two "it"s in this statement.  In context, the first "it" is an order given by the President.  The second "it" is the action taken by the people given the order.  Nixon and Frost were talking about actions ordered by the President in the interests of national security.  The President does have carte blanche authority to order any action in the face of a clear and present threat to national security...though, he'd better be right. 

Inserting context to the statement it might read "If the President orders an action, then the people who carry out that order can do so without fear of breaking the law."  This is exactly how Nixon explained that statement in the next few breaths following that statement. 

Nixon was corrupt af but it always bothers me when posters (or Ron Howard) take this clip out of context.

Yes.. as they have been doing it for 2 years now.

Releasing it will make it near impossible for them to let go of that bone.  
The vast majority of alleged wrongdoing has been farmed out to other jurisdictions. Many are trying to innoculate against those investigations.  

Context is everything.

There are two "it"s in this statement.  In context, the first "it" is an order given by the President.  The second "it" is the action taken by the people given the order.  Nixon and Frost were talking about actions ordered by the President in the interests of national security.  The President does have carte blanche authority to order any action in the face of a clear and present threat to national security...though, he'd better be right. 

Inserting context to the statement it might read "If the President orders an action, then the people who carry out that order can do so without fear of breaking the law."  This is exactly how Nixon explained that statement in the next few breaths following that statement. 

Nixon was corrupt af but it always bothers me when posters (or Ron Howard) take this clip out of context.
That may be true, but as you say, context is everything. 

The reason that quote is so famous is not because of the clarification you just gave, it's because of the implication of what you consider the "out of context" interpretation. 

The reason it applies here is that barr is using that ####ty, out of context, insanely corrupt interpretation. He doesn't believe the president can be guilty of obstruction.  He's literally saying that when the president does it, it's not illegal.  Full stop, no qualifiers.

He was hired into his role to deliver a statement that the president was totally exonerated of obstruction of justice. That's one of the most corrupt things i've ever heard, regardless of the contents of the report. 

Yes to Congress and most of it to the public. I realize some sensitive info may neeed to be redacted but we should see what went on. I’ll always vote in favor of transparency.

McConnell has already nixed a resolution to make it public. 

Total exoneration for obstruction of justice. We had a guy read the report for you, and he says there's nothing in it.  Case closed. 

Users who are viewing this thread