What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My countdown list of one hit wonders- 1. Play That Funky Music (Wild Cherry) (1 Viewer)

2. “A Whiter Shade of Pale”- Procol Harum (1967)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb3iPP-tHdA

I’m glad Don Quixote wrote that this is going to be another Night Ranger, because I messed that up; my one regret in making this list is that I was convinced to remove “Sister Christian.” 

As I have pointed out several times, I refused when I started this to stick to the rigid rules for one hit wonders; to me the most important element was this: is the song the only one that most people think of when it comes to this artist? I have no doubts about Sister Christian. I have some doubts about My Sharona. I have no doubts whatsoever about this one. Yes diehard fans of the band and a few others will mention “Conquistador”; most people have no idea what that song is. Almost everyone has heard of this one. And so I think it’s fine. 

Once I decided to take this song I knew it would have to be in one of the top 3 slots. How they’re ordered is simply due to personal preference. 
Conquistador is way better

Given that Don McLean has 6 top 40 hits, seems like it has a good chance in a Kim Carnes kind of way.
I didn't know he had that many top 40 hits, but since it is the only song most remember him for anymore, it fits Tim's description of what a one-hit wonder is. 

2. “A Whiter Shade of Pale”- Procol Harum (1967)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb3iPP-tHdA

I’m glad Don Quixote wrote that this is going to be another Night Ranger, because I messed that up; my one regret in making this list is that I was convinced to remove “Sister Christian.” 

As I have pointed out several times, I refused when I started this to stick to the rigid rules for one hit wonders; to me the most important element was this: is the song the only one that most people think of when it comes to this artist? I have no doubts about Sister Christian. I have some doubts about My Sharona. I have no doubts whatsoever about this one. Yes diehard fans of the band and a few others will mention “Conquistador”; most people have no idea what that song is. Almost everyone has heard of this one. And so I think it’s fine. 

Once I decided to take this song I knew it would have to be in one of the top 3 slots. How they’re ordered is simply due to personal preference. 
Conquistador is way better
yeah, and calling a Procol Harum a OHW is a traveshamockery.  

ETA:  tim rules 🙄

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread