What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My countdown list of one hit wonders- 1. Play That Funky Music (Wild Cherry) (1 Viewer)

1. “Play That Funky Music”- Wild Cherry (1976) 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SFiv9M577a4

One of the things that makes this my favorite one hit wonder of all time is the bass. Not to pun the title but it’s very funky- reminds me of Tina Weymouth. But I love the whole thing. 

Yeah they were dancing and singing and moving to the groove and 
The Buttigieg's wedding march, i hear

Thanks indeed, Tim. I may not have agreed with your methodology but it’s all good and subjective.

I too will post some that I would have chosen.

Bereft of the biggest modern-day OHW.

The first in internet history with 1 billion views and 2 billion views. Was even the the most viewed video on youtube and the most liked video on youtube for several years.

Literally nowhere on the list. Not even 100.

Bereft of the biggest modern-day OHW.

The first in internet history with 1 billion views and 2 billion views. Was even the the most viewed video on youtube and the most liked video on youtube for several years.

Literally nowhere on the list. Not even 100.
New to this thread, are you? For purposes of this list Tim's aural clock pretty much stopped in 1993.

I'm gonna rectify this situation.

The next snub I want to highlight is a cornerstone garage rock band hit number five with this single in 1966...
Snub 39. The Count Five - Psychotic Reaction

Covered by Tom Petty and The Cramps, amongst others, this song is listed by the Rock and Roll HOF as one of the “500 Songs That Shaped Rock.”  It’s a cornerstone proto-punk/garage rock classic 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBTT3VPriV8

Last edited by a moderator:
doesn't matter if tim doesn't deem them "hit appropriate".  
And - in that spirit...

Man of Constant Sorrow said:
Alrighty, Timmy - you back on me good side. Great song! 

Plus, while it doesn't provoke a memory worth detailing, it does provoke a memory of another song - that provokes a memory worth detailing...got it? 

Good.

I'll stay mum, on the chance that song comes up - but since we all family here, I'll add it at the end, if it don't. 

Deal. ✌️

Sister Sledge - We Are Family

While not a true OHW - it works here - deal wit it.

Now, the story - it continues from my very 1st story regarding My Sharona here:

This was one of my fav dongs to roller skate to, back in the day. I remember skating to it with my 1st girlfriend. 

We were in 5th grade - it was Friday - I knew that night was gonna be good. But, football practice was gonna run into the skating party - not good. 

So, the coach knew that lots of us were unhappy bout it. Therefore, he began practice with the stock pep talk bout teamwork / commitment / discipline / etc.... and wrapped it up with - "...and if anyone still thinks that party is more important than what we are doin' here...well...just get up and walk right now!" 

I got up - walked - and never gave it a 2nd thought. (Luckily, neither did the coach, as we suxxored and he needed me.) 

When I got to Champs Rollerdrome, my crush was already there. I was boy enuff to ask her ta skate, but didn't try to hold her hand. After a few laps, she took charge and grabbed my hand. 

When I got home, my hand still smelled of her perfume. I didn't wash it for nearly a week. We "went together" for over a year - until I broke it off & got a pretty harsh tongue lashin' from a 7th grade teach. I still don't know what I did wrong. Perhaps that is why I am still unmarried to this day. 

Good times. 
(Note: tho this song came out b4 the Knacky one - it somehow fit in here - don't really know why.)

...so's - after the rollin' party, we got back to bein' serious about our football again. We busted balls and broke our backs tryin' to get guud.

It finally worked - with a little help from this song - as we would sing and dance to it after every practice. 

In the end - we made the ultimate underdog run, and won the city championship that year...wooty-woo-woo!

Plus, my crush - won the city gymnastics title that year as well.

We dance again & again.

Good times!

Users who are viewing this thread