What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 FBG PDSL Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Thanks again @BassNBrew for setting these up. It is good to stay connected and think these things through so early in the process.

I predict that Gronkowski will go quite a bit later this year in the PDSL draft than he did in the WSLs.

I've been 13th in WSL1, 14th in WSL2, and now 15th in PDSL. If there's a way to wind up drafting 17th in one of these, looks like I'll discover it this offseason.

I've been 13th in WSL1, 14th in WSL2, and now 15th in PDSL. If there's a way to wind up drafting 17th in one of these, looks like I'll discover it this offseason.
the 15th slot has produced the most Survivor champions across all of the leagues since 2010.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had 1st, 16th and now 5th so I have enjoyed the variety. I admit that I really enjoy drafting more in the middle of most drafts, but being on the end in 16-teamers have a certain allure.

the turn was tougher than I had anticipated. 

With the TE flex, and smash dude retiring, I figured I wanted a top TE. had hoped ertz would fall but I'll settle for kittle and hope he repeats with a better QB next year. 

The 2.01 could have gone 5 different ways and I arguably took the riskiest, but if Juju can be the legit #1 for the year (and I do think he will), he should be right up there with the elite producers. Had expected / hoped OBJ would fall here. 

With the TE flex, and smash dude retiring, I figured I wanted a top TE. had hoped ertz would fall but I'll settle for kittle and hope he repeats with a better QB next year. 

The 2.01 could have gone 5 different ways and I arguably took the riskiest, but if Juju can be the legit #1 for the year (and I do think he will), he should be right up there with the elite producers. Had expected / hoped OBJ would fall here. 
I had forgotten this league was set up as a flex.

I am ok with a flex, but I can't find any reference to that in the posted rules thread. Great info and memories there though. Hard to believe that these have been going on for over 15 years and through several transitions of folks in and out.

@Twilight did awesome work on these for close to ten years and @BassNBrewhas been doing heavy lifting even longer. Good Times!

I am ok with a flex, but I can't find any reference to that in the posted rules thread. Great info and memories there though. Hard to believe that these have been going on for over 15 years and through several transitions of folks in and out.

@Twilight did awesome work on these for close to ten years and @BassNBrewhas been doing heavy lifting even longer. Good Times!
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2019/options?L=52750&O=26

Total Starters:9-10

Number of Starting QBs:1

Number of Starting RBs:2-3

Number of Starting WRs:3-4

Number of Starting TEs:1-2

Number of Starting PKs:1

Number of Starting Defs:1

https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2019/options?L=52750&O=26

Total Starters:9-10

Number of Starting QBs:1

Number of Starting RBs:2-3

Number of Starting WRs:3-4

Number of Starting TEs:1-2

Number of Starting PKs:1

Number of Starting Defs:1
Oh yeah, I realized that was how the league set-up was. I just did not recall it, so I searched the pinned PDSL Rules here and there was no mention. I am not opposed, but I had not remembered this was the case. Carry on!

I didn't remember this either...I thought it was only an Anarchy thing or one of those funky off shoot leagues we do.

I vote no flex at this point. 

I think I look at TE hoarding a little differently in Survivors than I do in the Anarchy's.....in survivor, if a couple guys "hoard" I'm not super concerned....(maybe until the later rounds if they are still alive)....so all I need to do is keep advancing so I just need to beat the other guys who will have sucky TE's like me.....and hey, if the TE hoarders get knocked out early it's a bonus for everybody else....I don't care about them anymore....

@Stinkin Ref got the best value for Mahomes here in PDSL 1. Pick 12 is the longest that he has lasted yet!
In most of the leagues I am kind of looking at him as a really a second round pick if that makes sense....(except for the one where I took him 1.01)....because for the most part I feel I have still been getting round 1 talent in round 2.....that probably makes zero sense, but thats what I have convinced myself after a lot of heavy drinking....

I didn't remember this either...I thought it was only an Anarchy thing or one of those funky off shoot leagues we do.

I vote we don't change rules after the draft started.

I assumed people check the settings and it was at least known, but it's not that big as benefit. 

I would have taken one of the other 4 if not for the flex. All 4 have been taken (mixon, DJ, Evans and Julio)

Sorry GB but Im going to have to side with Oz on this one.  We had the flex last year and 12 of 16 returned this year including you.

I was wondering how much earlier Edelman would go off the board in the wake of Gronk's retirement.

Not sure I'd be willing to pull the trigger on him at WR12 (still a couple of names I like more out there) but I certainly see the rationale for it. There's no chance he doesn't catch 100 balls if he and Brady stay healthy, right?

so it looks like I am carried over and set up to receive the text alerts, but I didn't have to do the code and confirm thing and I didn't get the alert text for the first two times I was OTC.....did this happen to anyone else who does the alert thing?

I was wondering how much earlier Edelman would go off the board in the wake of Gronk's retirement.

Not sure I'd be willing to pull the trigger on him at WR12 (still a couple of names I like more out there) but I certainly see the rationale for it. There's no chance he doesn't catch 100 balls if he and Brady stay healthy, right?
Guaranteed to have gone in the first 3 rounds. 

so it looks like I am carried over and set up to receive the text alerts, but I didn't have to do the code and confirm thing and I didn't get the alert text for the first two times I was OTC.....did this happen to anyone else who does the alert thing?
I had first round predrafted, but round two did not text me when I was OTC.

I got one alert but then they stopped.  Just when in the mobile area for my franchise and it wanted me to remove the (xxx-xxx-xxxx) dashes in the number that was saved from last year.

Lindsay, Phillip DEN RB (Q) 222.80- 4.02
Mack, Marlon IND RB (Q) 178.10- 3.15
Mixon, Joe CIN RB 243.40- 2.02

Adams, Davante GBP WR 327.60- 1.15

@Stinkin Ref sniped me on Njoku coming down in the 3rd, but I'm 99% sure I just returned the favor with my Lindsay pick.  :P

Don't think I've ever started off with 3 RBs in the first 4 rounds before, but with the flex at least I won't be leaving a 3rd- or 4th-round pick on my bench those weeks when they're all productive.

Lindsay, Phillip DEN RB (Q) 222.80- 4.02
Mack, Marlon IND RB (Q) 178.10- 3.15
Mixon, Joe CIN RB 243.40- 2.02

Adams, Davante GBP WR 327.60- 1.15

@Stinkin Ref sniped me on Njoku coming down in the 3rd, but I'm 99% sure I just returned the favor with my Lindsay pick.  :P

Don't think I've ever started off with 3 RBs in the first 4 rounds before, but with the flex at least I won't be leaving a 3rd- or 4th-round pick on my bench those weeks when they're all productive.
that is a fair statement

Wasn't sure I wanted two bears at this turn but they were my top rated players available.  I figure it won't hurt other than the bye week.

Couldn't pass on Watkins even though he's hurt most of the time.
Thanks in a way, I probably couldn't let him get past the next turn but I didn't want to draft him.

He could be pretty good this year. But that's what we say every year.

Team Holloway through round 5

• RB 1 - C. McCaffrey Carolina RB5 - finished as RB1 in this league a year ago, just needs to remain highly targeted and he can do his thing
  •  
  • WR 1 - A.J. Green Cincinnati WR 11 - hopefully can play an injury free season
  • WR 2 - S. Diggs Minnesota WR 15 - keep thinking that he will get more targets, but finished as WR11 here last season even sharing targets with Theilen
  • WR 3 - J. Landry Cleveland WR 25 - even in a suppressed reception season a year ago, he finished as WR19, but will be second fiddle to Beckham in 2019
  •  
  • TE 1 - K. Rudolph Minnesota TE 11 - started to go with Hooper or Burton with obvious bye week match with Diggs, but expect better production with Rudolph and I will need to add depth both positions to cover

And now the anticipated QB run commences

I actually thought about taking Mayfield over Watson. Partly because I have Watson in W1. Then thought about Wilson before settling with the guy I actually like best. 

And now the anticipated QB run commences

I actually thought about taking Mayfield over Watson. Partly because I have Watson in W1. Then thought about Wilson before settling with the guy I actually like best. 
Keeps starting later and later making that Mahommes reach look even worse.

While we wait...here's some entertainment.  This is my PDSL team from last year that made the finals

QB - Ryan (yup...solo)

RB - Barber, Drake, Fournette, Prosise, White

WR - Allison, Dez, Crowder, Gordon, Matthews, Torrey Smith, T. Williams  in the few weeks Gordon played, he doubled the output of next best WR who was also injured.  Started 3 most of the year and two in the finals

TE - Eifert, McDonald, Erz  My lone bright spot and still had a major injury

K - Bullock, Gano  Yup, even lost a kicker.

D - Pitt, Minny

My that #### show RIP.

QB - Ryan 

Happy with Ryan in the mid 6th.  Huge QB run after that.  Right now I see more value at shoring up my position players and flex position that reaching for a marginal QB.  Fully prepared to ride Ryan solo again if need be.  Kind of becomes a game of chicken with the Mahoomes, Luck, Rodgers, and Wilson owner to see who burns draft capital on another QB that won't do a much if they picked right to begin with.

RB - Cook, Miller

The cupboard is bare in Minny so maybe they are planning on riding Cook.  Good ppr back.  Solid consolation prize in the mid 2nd after missing out on the studs.  Miller is either going to be a steal in the mid 7th or get cut and not have a team.  He performed well last year.  RB seemed to dry up faster this year.  I can see the value in taking 3 early in this format and then a couple of darts later.

WR - Beckham, Kupp, Watkins, Baldwin (flex)

The Beckham pick probably surprised many.  If this hadn't of been best ball then I would have taken Adams, Nuk, or even Julio over Beckham.  I suspect they will all outscore him.  Landry isn't going away and was a great pick by Holloway at 4.11 and the running game is very stout.  I do think with Mayfield's arm and cockiness that Beckham will have more monster games than anyone else and could result in some immunities.  Really the deciding factoring is I like watching the guy play and wanted to have a reason to root for him.  Kupp may be Goeff's favorite target and was the ppg leader among the 3 Rams WRs last year.  Watkins was solely a swing at Hill missing games.  instant WR1 if that happens.  Baldwin was a 4th rounder in WSL1, I'll take the risk in the 8th.  Maybe all the surgeries will help him this year.  Doesn't seem like the Seahawks are concerned.  I almost pulled the trigger on him a round earlier.

TE - Henry

Missed on Kielce in the first.  Considered Cook in the 2nd but know RB would get ugly.  When 7 TEs were gone by the mid 8th, grabbing one of the few remaining sure things was a must.  I think his range of outcome is fairly tight.  I don't see him blowing up into a stud, but Rivers is good for several targets a game so there shouldn't be many donuts.  Really wanted Olsen, but was snaked by btsw.

Crippler, Ref, Ryheaps and Bass were the only teams to fill out the starters first sans flex

Ref, btsw, ducky and me are the only ones to fill out the starters with flex, although Slob and Busman may join us.

Crippler, Ref, Ryheaps and Bass were the only teams to fill out the starters first sans flex

Ref, btsw, ducky and me are the only ones to fill out the starters with flex, although Slob and Busman may join us.
That's a problem for me with drafting on one of the ends. 

I'm a fan of Watson so I'm happy to have him in two of these now, but I wanted a competent backup. Considered going with my favorite player but I think Darnold is going to have bigger games and doesn't play in the same division, and doesn't have the injury history. 

QB Darnold, Watson

Discussed above, I like this duo. 

RB: Cohen, McCoy

Shady might be on his last legs but was the last likely solid RB2 (when healthy) left. I've been a fan of Cohen for a while, should be a viable rb1 in PPR

WR: ARob, juju, Tate

A rob might not get back to his monster season but his second year in Chicago should be good. Juju is among the rising WR studs and should get more targets this year. Golden is just a solid wr3. 

TE: Kittle

Truthfully I don't love this pick. He sure looked good last year but some reversion is likely. Still should be a higher end TE1.

I feel pretty comfortable so far but we have a lot of rounds left.

That's a problem for me with drafting on one of the ends. 

I'm a fan of Watson so I'm happy to have him in two of these now, but I wanted a competent backup. Considered going with my favorite player but I think Darnold is going to have bigger games and doesn't play in the same division, and doesn't have the injury history. 

QB Darnold, Watson

Discussed above, I like this duo. 

RB: Cohen, McCoy

Shady might be on his last legs but was the last likely solid RB2 (when healthy) left. I've been a fan of Cohen for a while, should be a viable rb1 in PPR

WR: ARob, juju, Tate

A rob might not get back to his monster season but his second year in Chicago should be good. Juju is among the rising WR studs and should get more targets this year. Golden is just a solid wr3. 

TE: Kittle

Truthfully I don't love this pick. He sure looked good last year but some reversion is likely. Still should be a higher end TE1.

I feel pretty comfortable so far but we have a lot of rounds left.
Overall, looks good.  I don't think Darnold buys you that many points, but maybe he goes Mahommes/Trubisky.

Love the Cohen pick.  I thought I could get him at 4.8.  Considered McCoy when I took Miller, but dang he sucked last year.

I forgot it when doing my summary, but considered breaking my self imposed ban on drafting USC WRs and taking JuJu as the 1st WR off the board.  He'll be playing with a chip on his shoulder and I'm sure Ben will feed him.  Only question is how he fares against better coverage.  Not many fans of me taking at Tate at 6.11 in WSL.  I was looking for him on the draft list the last couple of rounds and didn't realize you had already drafted him.

Kittle is a solid pick in this format.  Question for you or anyone else...In hindsight do you take Kittle/Tate or Julio/Walker?  Last year TE3 and WR36 outscored WR6 and TE14 by 19 points so it was close.

Overall, looks good.  I don't think Darnold buys you that many points, but maybe he goes Mahommes/Trubisky.

Love the Cohen pick.  I thought I could get him at 4.8.  Considered McCoy when I took Miller, but dang he sucked last year.

I forgot it when doing my summary, but considered breaking my self imposed ban on drafting USC WRs and taking JuJu as the 1st WR off the board.  He'll be playing with a chip on his shoulder and I'm sure Ben will feed him.  Only question is how he fares against better coverage.  Not many fans of me taking at Tate at 6.11 in WSL.  I was looking for him on the draft list the last couple of rounds and didn't realize you had already drafted him.

Kittle is a solid pick in this format.  Question for you or anyone else...In hindsight do you take Kittle/Tate or Julio/Walker?  Last year TE3 and WR36 outscored WR6 and TE14 by 19 points so it was close.
Good question on juju, he's a little more risky than I wanted with the early turn but his upside made up for it imo. Time will tell.

With Tate, while he gets a sizeable drop at the quality of QB, I think his targets increase a enough to make up for it. A bit has changed since wsl1, which makes your pick there look better imo.

Funny that you use that comp, in hindsight I might very well have gone Julio/DW, I even considered DW instead of Tate, but he's still dealing with his week 1 injury. 

Romo and Peyton seem to think gase will have a good impact on Darnold. While there's likely merit to devaluing the backup QB once you have a top guy on board, I've never been comfortable doing so. The position just scores too many points, if I can minimize the possibility of an off game in an otherwise bad week, I'll take it. 

Users who are viewing this thread