What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 FBG PDSL Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

And that'll tie a bow on this squad ...

5.15 Andrew Luck, QB3 IND
12.02 Ryan Fitzpatrick, QB31 MIA

2.02 Joe Mixon, RB9 CIN
3.15 Marlon Mack, RB19 IND
4.02 Philip Lindsay, RB21 DEN
16.02 T.J. Yeldon, RB65 FA
20.02 Jordan Wilkins, RB79 IND

1.15 Davante Adams, WR4 GBP
8.02 Dede Westbrook, WR43 JAX
9.15 Curtis Samuel, WR52 CAR
10.02 DeSean Jackson, WR54 PHI
13.15 Antonio Callaway, WR71 CLE
14.02 DaeSean Hamilton, WR72 DEN
18.02 Andy Isabella, WR91 ROOK

6.02 Delanie Walker, TE14 TEN
7.15 Vance McDonald, TE16 PIT
11.15 Mike Gesicki, TE27 MIA

15.15 Brett Maher, PK20 DAL
17.15 Cowboys, DST20 DAL
19.15 Cardinals, DST31 ARZ
Luck should have a monster year behind that oline.....Fitz may start for a few weeks, but IMO will have to maintain a solid start individually (and win a few games as a team) or he may be replaced by whoever MIA brings in in the draft by week 5 or something....but either way Luck will be carrying the mail....I really like your RB’s....especially in this format....and you are right, heavy investment here so it needs to pay off for you....lots of receptions here which could lead to your flex score...I too have my eye on where Yeldon ends up, really surprised he hasn’t been picked up yet....even though you rolled 7 deep at WR, I would be a little concerned, because mostly your guys are exactly what I was talking about passing up in my write up about WR’s....I do like the Isabella pick a bunch though....if Delanie is really “back” then TE is a strength as I really like McDonald....agree that the new regime needs to make Gesicki worth an 11th round pick.....wondering if you could have had him a round or two later....if you get a little above average/expectations from your WR group you could hang around with Luck, those RB’s and TE’s....good luck :banned:  

Team Holloway (Almost) Final Team Report

QBs

1. Wentz 6.12 as QB11 - Wentz finished at QB 11 a year ago in ppg scoring. Expecting him to be healthy in 2019 and the leader of the Eagles offense as it takes flight again.
  2. Trubiski 7.5 as QB 19 - Trubiski finished at QB 13 a year ago in ppg scoring. Expect continued growth and potentially more RB receptions this year - anticipate these competing for top 1/2 of the league so should not be severely losing ground at QB
RBs

1. McCaffrey 1.5 as RB5 (or possibly 4 - might have been a missed pick here) - great ppr running back, finished at RB 2 a season ago - always heavily involved and a great feature back so that I can delay stacking RBs till later in the draft to cobble a group RBBC 2
  2. McKinney 9.5 as RB 35 - question marks abound coming off a lost 2018 with Freeman signed by SF. Regardless, he is an excellent receiving back and will have a role, if healthy
  3. Duke Johnson 11.5 as RB49 - finished at RB 38 in a down year for him in 2018. another excellent receiving back who could be a draft day trade and see an uptick
  4. Gio Bernard 13.5 as RB58 - finished at RB52 in a down year for him in 2018. another excellent receiving back
  5. E. McGuire 17.5 as RB 67 - finished at RB67 and stays in NYJ to back up LeVeon Bell. decent receiving back in a lesser role - I think that this group of four providing support role to McCaffrey should place me easily in the top half at RB
WR

1. AJ Greene 2.12 as WR11 - hey, there is a new coach in town so all Cinci offense players could improve production and Mr. Greene would be top of the list if he can stay healthy
  2. S. Diggs 3.5 as WR15 - very under-rated WR who seems to be on my teams often, I may like him better in 2019
  3. J. Landry 4.12 as WR25 - wing man for OBJ, who should continue to gets lots of targets and chances at yards after the catch - very solid ppr WR
  4. A. Miller 8.12 as WR47 - waited a while after getting a top three that I really like. Bullish on the Bears and like Miller's chances to improve in year two
  5. Gallup 10.12 as WR58 - like his talent more than his location, but even a blind Dak can find his Gallup now and again for a long score
  6. J. Doctson 18.12 as WR93 - loved Doctson coming out of TCU and the combination of injuries and poor QB play have severely limited his production - hopeful 2019
  7. C. Hogan 19.5 as WR97 - TB still looking for someone to throw to besides Edelman - seems like a good candidate for three or four decent games - definitely think that this wide receiving corps can compete for top group in the league
TE

1. K. Rudolph 5.5 as TE11 - as with Diggs, very under-rated and with expectations of improvement for the Vikings, getting Rudolph could be value
  2. C. Clay 16.12 as TE35 - again, oh well old, player who moves to Arizona where TEs block. But wait, a rookie or 2nd year QB may find Clay a friendly security target - oops nothing much to see at tight end, definitely bottom quarter
PK - K. Fairbairn 12.12 as PK 6 - very solid last year and love the Texans offense for 2019

DST

Chargers 14.12 as DST6

Texans 15.5 as DST 8 - solid combo, but would have taken a third DST if Duckboy had not taken the Saints right ahead of my 16th pick

Decent team without much league leading talent. Really need McCaffrey to maintain from 2018 and my quarterbacks to be healthy and improved. Not a bad team by any means, except at tight end. Should hang around a while and could hang all year with some decent brother-in-lawing.

Comments welcome
Agree with your assessment of the QB spot, you should be in top half for sure with potential for some monster weeks from Wentz....at RB, also agree a lott riding on Cmac...I’m seeing that even though he made it past his first $$ guarantee there is a chance McKinnon could be let go...IDK....I tried to do some digging before my Coleman pick and it seemed that in that crowded room, the feeling was Coleman would get first crack since Shanny brought him in.....I guess even if he does get let go, that might actually be a better thing for you as it may not be as crowded wherever he goes....I’m leaning towards him staying, because it doesn’t make sense to give him the money they did and then let him go later....but he obviously wont be entering the season with the role we anticipated him having before his injury last year....the other guys played really well in his absence....we shall see where Duke ends up, but I like the pick...Gio and McGuire may not provide much but should see some touches...big fan of your top 5 WR especially the top 3....as should be the case with 3 of your first 4 picks going there....WR a big strength for you against the field IMO....saw you added Heuerman to the TE....not sure if that saves your bacon there are not....Butt is supposed to be back and all indications out here are that DEN looks to address that position with an impact player at some point in this draft....he and Clay could be wasted picks...solid DST and a good PK....the Wentz, CMAC, Green, Diggs, Landry, Rudolph start is pretty solid....you piece together a RB2 and flex score you could be on to something....you have some flex appeal at WR....good luck :banned:

QB’s should keep you the mix....really have no comment on the RB’s as you mostly have rookies and I have put zero effort into research there since this is supposed to be a pretty bad draft for them.....seems like WR and TE’s are where the bread is supposed to be buttered this year.....however we have seen some recent success from third round type RB’s the last few years...I’m wondering if the Cohen we saw last year will be an every year occurrence or his ceiling and if he regresses a little with Davis in town who I really liked as a signing for CHI....kind of kicking myself for not snagging Davis in this draft....think your WR’s will need a big year out of Robinson....Funchess probably couldn’t have gone to a better spot....MR I talked about his Westbrook pick and just commenting on Robinson here....I’m a little nervous that Foles turns into Keenum 2.0....don’t get me wrong, I get the whole SB and what not kind of thing when he has replaced Wentz, but I’m just not sure he is the savior in JAC that he is being made out to be...he and/or his receivers will not be on many/any of my teams this year, because I feel like I have seen this movie before when a career journeyman guy plays well in relief (on a really good all around team) elsewhere but then has to be THE man... I guess I’ll just leave it at that...caught by the auto pick thing....as I think you would have been ok with just those two...think I would love this team a lot more with maybe one more RB and WR then ASJ and Shaheen....or maybe even two WR...I don’t think you’ll be racking up the immunities, but if your rookie Rb’s pan out, you could hang around...good luck :banned:
When did Robinson go back to Jacksonville?

TEs - obvious strength with Kittle, but the other three and offer little and well, you might have take two to many
My plan was always to take 3. Seems about half of the drafters agree with that plan here, plus crippler also took 4.  With the flex it just made sense to me. 

Stinkin Ref said:
... I guess I’ll just leave it at that...really like the Kittle/Everett dou and it does kinda suck you got caught by the auto pick thing....as I think you would have been ok with just those two...think I would love this team a lot more with maybe one more RB and WR then ASJ and Shaheen...
I don't know whether it will really pay off, but I'm pretty sure ASJ's ADP just increased quite a bit.

QB. Jimmy, Foles, Manning. 

I was happy at 2 but Eli became pure value. This group will do okay overall. Hope to get one nice score per week

RB. Guice, Josh Jacobs, Singleterry, Sanders

Lke my last group, these guys could kill me pretty quick. Tons of risk here. Really think Jacobs is a Raider and will rise to 3rd in SSL. Other 2 who knows

WR. Thomas, Julio, Golloday, Brown, Crowder

nice core but only 5 because I found value elsewhere. Think they should be solid and think Brown will be e cellent in best ball. Crowder consistent. I like it

TE. Hooper, Thomas,  James, Smith.

hooper is under appreciated in fantasy. He was good last year and don’t see why can’t repeat. Olsen needs to go to booth and Thomas will be steal. No TJ to Detroit or Tennessee. Fant either. Both last guys could start. James new lease and Jonnu was looking good before injury. Hope to get good score per week and maybe find the flex. 

Pk, D. Got 2 guys that will have jobs during season and 2 D. They change so much year to year and want 2

should have 1 less QB and TE and more RB but went for value. If RB or TE have guys step up, I might surprise. If not. Early exit but who cares. Finishing 2nd like I did in 3 drafts, 2 years ago sucks. Take my one win last year and 1 early exit instead

TE. Hooper, Thomas,  James, Smith.

hooper is under appreciated in fantasy. He was good last year and don’t see why can’t repeat. Olsen needs to go to booth and Thomas will be steal. No TJ to Detroit or Tennessee. Fant either. Both last guys could start. James new lease and Jonnu was looking good before injury. Hope to get good score per week and maybe find the flex. 
I thought my backs were risky. Yikes. Could work out of course

Do you expect jonnu to start? Over Walker? I wasn't impressed but maybe that's due to higher hopes last year.

I thought my backs were risky. Yikes. Could work out of course

Do you expect jonnu to start? Over Walker? I wasn't impressed but maybe that's due to higher hopes last year.
Well betting that Walker at his age not coming back the same. Ala Antonio. Took Jonnu a while but was playing very well before injury. Drafting Fant or TJ more the issue, I can see. TE take time and he was talented and finally started to show. Could be wasted pick but in 20th round was the guy who stood out to me. And TE premium helped take a huge chance. 

Well betting that Walker at his age not coming back the same. Ala Antonio. Took Jonnu a while but was playing very well before injury. Drafting Fant or TJ more the issue, I can see. TE take time and he was talented and finally started to show. Could be wasted pick but in 20th round was the guy who stood out to me. And TE premium helped take a huge chance. 
I'm on board as a 20th round flier.

Team Holloway with bye weeks

QB - Trubiski 6 and Wentz 10

RB - McCaffrey 7, McKinnon 4, Duke Johnson 7, Bernard 9, McGuire 4

WR - AJ Green 9, Diggs 12, J. Landry 7, A. Miller 6, Gallup 8, Doctson 10 and Hogan 7

TE - Rudolph 12, Clay 12 and Heuerman 7 - already a weak position doubled up in week 12

PK - Fairnairn 10

DST Chargers 12 and Texans 10 - not the best move to go solo at PK and grab the same DST

Last edited by a moderator:
Darnold, Sam NYJ QB 7.16

Watson, Deshaun HOU QB 6.01

- we all like our picks of course and expect them to exceed draft slot, but I'll be shocked if Darnold doesn't do much better than the 23rd QB. Watson likely won't do better than qb4 but shouldn't slide much either. 

Cohen, Tarik CHI RB 4.01

Henderson, Darrell FA RB 14.01

Hill, Justice FA RB 18.01

McCoy, LeSean BUF RB 8.01

Montgomery, David FA RB 10.01

- 3 rookies, a midget and a geriatric. you can never have enough rookie RBs, right? :oldunsure:  I'll need some luck with this crew but I think Hill can be good in best ball. At least I'll have a little more interest in where these backs end up. 

Funchess, Devin IND WR 9.16

Robinson, Allen CHI WR 3.16

Ross, John CIN WR 15.16

Smith-Schuster, JuJu PIT WR 2.01

St. Brown, Equanimeous GBP WR 17.16

Tate, Golden NYG WR 5.16

- I had contemplated back in the 13/14 turn taking MVS and St brown back to back. One of these two should do well most games although I think it will be inconsistent as to which.  I still like St brown a lot despite his falling in last year's NFL draft. Rodgers seems to like throwing to him. I think Ross improves with the new staff. He was one of the players I avoided as a rookie but think he's somewhat underrated now. Certainly has the speed to break a big play every so often. I think this is a solid crew with a little depth. 

Everett, Gerald LAR TE 11.16

Kittle, George SFO TE 1.16

Seferian-Jenkins, Austin JAC TE.20.01

Shaheen, Adam CHI TE 19.16

- I didn't realize I had removed my 19th round preselect but not my 20th. So when my last pick came up, I went with my usual last round flier (Shaheen) and planned to take the last defense. Instead I now have 4 TEs but I'll take it. Kittle is a stud, I think ASJ can come back although he's probably a wasted pick, and Everett and Shaheen remain two of my favorite upside picks this year. Cheap and I think talented but haven't broken through yet. 

Lambo, Josh JAC PK 16.01

Lutz, Wil NOS PK 12.01

- Two good kickers, I think the jags offense gets better this year. 

Rams, Los Angeles LAR Def 13.16

- Wasn't really planning on going solo on defense but at least there's zero risk of missing games here. 
RB went from risky to downright dangerous with Cohen and McCoy sharing a somewhat early bye week in week 6. Add to that funches and arob being off and I'll be desperate for a flex too. 

At least QB and kicker don't share byes. The week I'll have no defense doesn't look bad with nobody else I'm counting on off. 

If I make it past week 6 things could work. But that seems dubious.

Team BusMan 2019 FBG PDSL

Brees, Drew NOS QB - 9

Dalton, Andy CIN QB (Q) - 9

Edwards, Gus BAL RB - 8

Fournette, Leonard JAC RB - 10

Freeman, Royce DEN RB - 10

Gordon, Melvin LAC RB - 12

Smallwood, Wendell PHI RB - 10

Anderson, Robby NYJ WR - 4

Boyd, Tyler CIN WR - 9

Crabtree, Michael FA WR - N/A

Gordon, Josh NEP WR (S) - 10

Hill, Tyreek KCC WR - 12

Lockett, Tyler SEA WR -  11

Moore, David SEA WR - 11 

Snead, Willie BAL WR - 8

Brate, Cameron TBB TE (Q) - 7

Reed, Jordan WAS TE (Q) - 10

Gostkowski, Stephen NEP PK - 10

Ravens, Baltimore BAL Def - 8

Redskins, Washington WAS Def - 10
Both QBs on bye in Week 9. A middling group, perhaps slightly above average.

Three of five RBS with Week 10 bye. Gonna need a lot of big weeks from Gordon and Fournette.

WRs have a lot of issues, which I attempted to cover with volume. Three of the eight might not start the season (Crabtree, Gordon, Hill). If everything comes together perfectly, I have a decent group with depth. That seems unlikely.

TEs are...not good.

Gostkowski is likely fine as a solo PK, but team him up on a Week 10 bye with one of my DEFs, and...yikes.

I have seven Week 10 byes. If I'm still somehow alive by then (because Week 9 without a QB seems dubious at best), I'll make my exit then. Definitely a candidate for a Week 1 exit.

One thing I've learned from doing these going on maybe a decade now (?) is that I'm not good at them. At all.

👆❤️👆

Users who are viewing this thread