Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

Dynasty & Redraft: WR Terry McLaurin, Redskins

Too bad the Redskins are such a mess.  With a little stability at HC and QB, McLaurin would be so much easier to start.  

4 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

Too bad the Redskins are such a mess.  With a little stability at HC and QB, McLaurin would be so much easier to start.  

yea,  a real good WR is useless with a bad QB.   That is what we are looking at now.

9 minutes ago, irishidiot said:

yea,  a real good WR is useless with a bad QB.   That is what we are looking at now.

He's been excelling with Keenum

1 hour ago, tangfoot said:

Keenum looked good compared to Haskins.  Colt has no business being in uniform 

• Thanks 1

Watch them draft Jeudy with their early 1st and render McLaurin a career WR2.

7 minutes ago, Hankmoody said:

Watch them draft Jeudy with their early 1st and render McLaurin a career WR2.

Jeudy/McLaurin would make a fine young WR core to build around.

So Snyder will probably bring in Andy Dalton to play QB on a fat 5-year contract.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 2
  • Thinking 1

5 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

Keenum looked good compared to Haskins.  Colt has no business being in uniform 

This right here. Luv McLauren F1 but have no idea what Haskins is. He could be way WAY better than Keenum over the course of his career and still be worse this year.

• Like 1

Guys. Miami this week. I’d be shocked if Colt is back under center. Case gives them the best opportunity to win. 

14 hours ago, tangfoot said:

I'm assuming Snyder insists on Haskins at QB.

3 hours ago, irishidiot said:

I'm assuming Snyder insists on Haskins at QB.

Seems likely, and will probably torpedo the kid's career b/c he sure doesn't look ready. He did play college ball with McLaurin so it could work out okay, but doesn't seem likely.

10 minutes ago, Flying Elvis said:

Seems likely, and will probably torpedo the kid's career b/c he sure doesn't look ready. He did play college ball with McLaurin so it could work out okay, but doesn't seem likely.

Lol at the last sentence.

13 hours ago, Arodin said:

Jeudy/McLaurin would make a fine young WR core to build around.

So Snyder will probably bring in Andy Dalton to play QB on a fat 5-year contract.

Jeudy and McLaurin would be an awesome combo. I like fantasy players on good offenses. I think this would be good for Washington and McLaurin. I love Juedy though.

7 minutes ago, Dawg Pound 69 said:

If it's a 1 QB league, then you lost that deal.

Not if you had Big Ben and didn't draft a backup and what's on the wire is warmed over ###.

• Like 2

On 10/8/2019 at 10:55 AM, Gandalf said:

Jeudy and McLaurin would be an awesome combo. I like fantasy players on good offenses. I think this would be good for Washington and McLaurin. I love Juedy though.

Scary Jerry Terry

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dawg Pound 69 said:

If it's a 1 QB league, then you lost that deal.

Bold statement when you don’t know who else is on my roster

3 hours ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

I always find it strange that trading for a top end QB is criticized.   Ryan is on pace for over 700 pass attempts this year and I don't see any reason why that pace will slow with the defense they have.  Crazy potential numbers with Julio, Ridley, Sanu and Hooper to throw to.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Whether it's born of desperation or not, you still lost the deal.  Badly.  Tragically if dynasty.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, efactor said:

I always find it strange that trading for a top end QB is criticized.   Ryan is on pace for over 700 pass attempts this year and I don't see any reason why that pace will slow with the defense they have.  Crazy potential numbers with Julio, Ridley, Sanu and Hooper to throw to.

If you do the math, QBs are basically worthless in a 1QB league because they are so easy to replace.  Decent QBs are typically worth a mid to late 2nd.  McLaurin is worth a late first already. 

Think Ryan is QB3 or QB4. Really depends on roster composition, redraft, etc.

Sorry, but even positional valuations have limitations in terms of their predictive efficacy. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hankmoody said:

Whether it's born of desperation or not, you still lost the deal.  Badly.  Tragically if dynasty.

I disagree. I have still Adams, Gallup, Chark and Hardman at WR

Mclaurin has scored 8 ppr pts since wk 3. Washington is a mess , they change QBs weekly and have SF, @Min , @ Buf and a bye the next 4 weeks.

And I only play redraft.

Ill be ok 

edit: Have Diggs also fwiw

Edited by Cowboysfan8
  • Like 1

Dolphins CB Xavien Howard (knee) is inactive for Week 6 against the Redskins.

Howard practiced on a limited basis all week but didn't do enough to get cleared. It's a huge upgrade to Terry McLaurin's matchup. Eric Rowe will fill in as Miami's No. 1 corner.

Oct 13, 2019, 11:32 AM ET

Have to start McLaurin over Fuller today, right?  How much of Callahan's "run first" comments impact McLaurin?

Total stud. What a lucky pick, they had no idea what they were getting I guarantee it

• Like 4

He's not getting many targets with this gameplan in this terrible game, but he's doing whatever he wants on the ones he's getting. wow

3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

He's not getting many targets with this gameplan in this terrible game, but he's doing whatever he wants on the ones he's getting. wow

No Howard and no Minkah have made McLaurin's job even easier. He had a great Senior Bowl, which the  local beat writer just pointed out. 

Let’s pray that the Skins keep Case as the QB. Terry’s value takes a HUGE hit if they go with Haskins.

• Like 1

What is McLaurin's value in dynasty PPR? I am disappointed with Goff so looking to replace or add another QB. I was offered his Watson & Hopkins for my Diggs, Ingram & McLaurin. I think he is asking too much in a start 1 QB league. I have WR depth to spare, but still not gonna overpay. I really need to fix my hole at TE.

4 minutes ago, need2know said:

Is keenum gonna keep starting cause I I hi ink hes easily the best QB for scary

Case starting at least one more week. But, SF will be a tough matchup. 

12 minutes ago, dgreen said:

Case starting at least one more week. But, SF will be a tough matchup. 

I have no choice but to start scary next week due to bye week blues

43 minutes ago, hispeedthinmint said:

What is McLaurin's value in dynasty PPR? I am disappointed with Goff so looking to replace or add another QB. I was offered his Watson & Hopkins for my Diggs, Ingram & McLaurin. I think he is asking too much in a start 1 QB league. I have WR depth to spare, but still not gonna overpay. I really need to fix my hole at TE.

I would accept that trade.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, hispeedthinmint said:

That’s a snap accept lol...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, need2know said:

Is keenum gonna keep starting cause I I hi ink hes easily the best QB for scary

Probably. Although it would be nice if they had a QB with some prior college rapport with McLaurin to throw to him. 

• Thinking 2

16 hours ago, hispeedthinmint said:

Hopkins > Diggs

Watson >>> Ingram + McLaurin

If you want to fix your hole at TE, take the massive value increase you get in this trade and then resell Hopkins and/or Watson.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tangfoot said:

Hopkins > Diggs

Watson >>> Ingram + McLaurin

If you want to fix your hole at TE, take the massive value increase you get in this trade and then resell Hopkins and/or Watson.

That's a good point on the TE fix side. I did accept the trade this morning.

• Like 1