What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Terry McLaurin, WAS (1 Viewer)

He is WR13 overall in PPR through 2 weeks.  Starting him over player X works in almost every case based on what has happened so far.

Manny Sanders shredded vs the Bears.  Plus its on MNF.  Breakout party!
My three starting WRs are Allen, Godwin and Boyd. While I am THINKING about starting him over Boyd (Buffalo D), Boyd's high PPR floor makes me hesitant.

That said, I'll be watching the game on Monday night closely to see Terry's progress. I've never seen him live before.

Keenum has flamed out at least twice now, but it shouldn't matter that much to McLaurin.  Scary Terry is a stud either way.

I would not buy Keenum in dynasty unless it was for a 4th or something. 

Keenum has flamed out at least twice now, but it shouldn't matter that much to McLaurin.  Scary Terry is a stud either way.

I would not buy Keenum in dynasty unless it was for a 4th or something. 
Disagree. 

Keenum may flame out, actually he most likely will.

but Haskins will come in - and be a raw rookie QB for sure, but he’s got a comfortable target in Terry.

that fact alone gives me ROS confidence in McLaurin

My favorite part about having McLaurin on dyno rosters is all the low ball offers rolling in after week 2

Yeah, I'm going to move my 3rd rounder this year who has blown up for another 3rd next year, or Ito Smith. Makes perfect sense!
Yes, it's been an amusing week. 

For anyone interested here's a 15-minute interview with McLaurin this week. He seems to understand offensive play concepts very well, is low key, wants to work. Likeable guy.
Does he mention that he played college ball with Haskins?

Don't think I can start him over Hardman. McLaurin has looked really good, but I don't see him putting up much against this defense.

He's actually been getting open pretty consistently. Keenum just hasn't either had the time or has made poor decisions. That last interception he threw to HaHa Terry came open in the middle of the field and Keenum just made a poor read to not hit him instead throwing in the direction of 3 defenders

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, that was a beautiful catch and he produced against arguably the best D in football. This kid looks special and should have great game scripts most weeks. He’s a high end WR2 ROS and untradeable in dynasty leagues. 

He's actually been getting open pretty consistently. Keenum just hasn't either had the time or has made poor decisions. That last interception he threw to HaHa Terry came open in the middle of the field and Keenum just made a poor read to not hit him instead throwing in the direction of 3 defenders
I don't think Keenum will be in there much longer. He had 5 turnovers tonight and a 6th that was nullified by a penalty. Once Haskins gets in and starts to get comfortable (behind a poor OL, yeah) he'll look for McLaurin quicker than Keenum does. Few people know this, but Haskins and McLaurin played football together in college.

Terry McLaurin caught 6-of-8 targets for 70 yards and one touchdown in the Redskins' Week 3 loss to the Bears Monday night.

Scary Terry has at least five catches, 60 yards, and one touchdown in all three games to open his rookie season and has been the lone bright spot on this entire team. McLaurin beat slot CB Buster Skrine for his 15-yard score Monday night. McLaurin took a hard fall on the final drive and wasn't in on the final couple plays to close out the game. It could be something to watch in practice this week ahead of a cake Week 4 matchup against the Giants. McLaurin will be an upside WR3.

Sep 23, 2019, 11:36 PM ET

I don't think Keenum will be in there much longer. He had 5 turnovers tonight and a 6th that was nullified by a penalty. Once Haskins gets in and starts to get comfortable (behind a poor OL, yeah) he'll look for McLaurin quicker than Keenum does. Few people know this, but Haskins and McLaurin played football together in college.
Link?

his consistency week to week is one of his greatest assets. he's roughly a 12 pp/g, every game,  guy.minimum. solid gold.

3 TDs in first 3 games for Terry McLaurin. No Redskins rookie WR has done that since Hall of Famer Charley Taylor in 1962.

Nbc

WR Terry McLaurin is the second player since the 1970 merger with at least 60 receiving yards and a receiving touchdown in each of his first three career games (Louis Lipps, 1984).

Espn

Terry McLaurin is the first Wide Receiver in NFL history to have 5+ receptions and a touchdown in his first 3 games.

These folks.

This will be the week that everybody who picked him up will start him ( I know some have already ), and he’ll disappoint. Can just see it now. I’ll be starting him over DJ Moore for week 4 

Last edited by a moderator:
This will be the week that everybody who picked him up will start him ( I know some have already ), and he’ll disappoint. Can just see it now. I’ll be starting him over DJ Moore for week 4 
Washington just played the most difficult defense that they'll face all season.

Terry still ended up with 5 catches for 70 yards and a TD and should've had more.

There might be games where he's limited based on game script, but I think this kid is the real deal.

Terry still ended up with 5 catches for 70 yards and a TD and should've had more.

There might be games where he's limited based on game script, but I think this kid is the real deal.
I agree, was more a gut feeling/quip of Sod’s law effect , everything should be set up next week for him to put up good numbers, I’d imagine most will be starting him in their lineups 

Agreed as well.

Kid just seems to get open.  And he's got strong hands and seemingly good-to-great after the catch ability.  

And how well he’s doing with his route running and intermediate routes will open things up deeper for him too. 

Given how bad the Washington defense is he’s almost a lock at 12 PPG every week IMO

He had a 25-30 ish yard catch called back by an illegal shift or formation. Keenum missed him high on a 20 yarder in garbage time. Keenum missed him high on what should have been a 2 point conversion. He.Gets.Open. Did everyone see his conversion on 4th down? He shook Fuller WITH EASE to convert. 

Users who are viewing this thread