What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Terry McLaurin, WAS (1 Viewer)

Terry about to visit Bradberry Island - keep your expectations in check.

the QB situation is bad enough, but it would be nice if he could have a decent matchup one of these 

Pretty sure he has shadowed this year against clear #1 WRs 
I can’t confirm it but I heard it on a fantasy podcast, can’t recall from who, but he does play out of the slot for about 25% of the time, he won’t have bradberry then.

Think I’m going JuJu over McLaurin this week due to matchup, but it’s a tough call. Or I go both and bench Claypool, which I’m not too keen on

That Those data is are hard to ignore.
Sorry. Old science nerd. "Data" is plural. 

Yeah I'm worried a little bit. I didn't get to see enough of Allen to get any sense of him but I sure saw Alex Smith look unbelievably terrible. The Giants matchup doesn't make me feel better but Terry sure seems matchup proof other than the obvious QB issue. As I mentioned in the Julio thread I am probably starting Julio over McLaurin this weekend, but I don't like it.

Think I’m going JuJu over McLaurin this week due to matchup, but it’s a tough call. Or I go both and bench Claypool, which I’m not too keen on
I have a few spots with Juju and Claypool this weekend and I don't know what to do with them. I think I am benching McLaurin in one as well.

Welp, Terry is damn good and I think we can all agree is just about matchup proof.  12 targets, 7 for 74......  If Rivera decides to kick the extra point and go into OT then most likely more as well.  He will be locked into my WR2 spot all year.

In 0.5 PPR redraft with 2 keepers what do we think his trade value is?  Keepers can be kept year after year with a 2 round penalty each year.....He would count towards a 13th round pick in 2021, and 11th in 2022, and so on.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Welp, Terry is damn good and I think we can all agree is just about matchup proof.  12 targets, 7 for 74......  If Rivera decides to kick the extra point and go into OT then most likely more as well.  He will be locked into my WR2 spot all year.

In 0.5 PPR redraft with 2 keepers what do we think his trade value is?  Keepers can be kept year after year with a 2 round penalty each year.....He would count towards a 13th round pick in 2021, and 11th in 2022, and so on.....
Yeah that's it. I'm not sitting him again.

Dallas up next. Prime spot for a blowup.

Just saw a pretty sloppy field and they are predicting 70% chance of rain (which is what they said). This definitely favors the run. Anyone thinking of benching McClaurin against this great matchup due to these conditions?  I could slot in DJ Moore or Henderson in my Standard league so I have options, but was drooling at this matchup.

Just saw a pretty sloppy field and they are predicting 70% chance of rain (which is what they said). This definitely favors the run. Anyone thinking of benching McClaurin against this great matchup due to these conditions?  I could slot in DJ Moore or Henderson in my Standard league so I have options, but was drooling at this matchup.
I’ve always been a fan of sloppy fields as long as the football is dry enough for the qb to grip.  Offensive player can make sharper cuts because he knows where he’s going, while the defender has to watch the player and the field.  Nor sure if stats bear this out, but I wouldn’t be afraid of using Terry under these conditions.

Doesn't look like it's going to be a windy day. Would be more concerned about that.

Even if there were 30 MPH winds and a driving rain storm don't think I could afford to sit him anyway.

If it does rain it should be light rain.  The field is grass - I don't know if it's been raining all week there, but if yes that would make it sloppy.  Light winds (6 mph) and 45 degrees.  Weather really shouldn't be a factor at all, but a muddy field could be.

No way am i benching terry in one of his best matchups of the year. Kyle has been targeting him a ton too. Giddyup 

I’ve always been a fan of sloppy fields as long as the football is dry enough for the qb to grip.  Offensive player can make sharper cuts because he knows where he’s going, while the defender has to watch the player and the field.  Nor sure if stats bear this out, but I wouldn’t be afraid of using Terry under these conditions.
I watched the Bills/Chiefs game Monday afternoon and it was the first time in a while I’d seen the ball slipping out of QB hands. Both Mahomes and Allen seemed to have a few throws that just slipped out of their fingers.  Not sure if it was because the rain was a surprise or if it was because it was that misty light rain that just soaks everything. Either way, it seemed to affect that game some on a few throws for each guy. But not a deciding factor.

So close to another TD early in the game too, literally inches away and he usually is acrobatic enough to make it happen. Almost had a monster game 

Anyone shopping him in redraft now that he has Alex Smith throwing to him or will be continue to get PPR volume? Might be able to get Michael Thomas for him but I think they are similar rest of season. Am I crazy? 

Anyone shopping him in redraft now that he has Alex Smith throwing to him or will be continue to get PPR volume? Might be able to get Michael Thomas for him but I think they are similar rest of season. Am I crazy? 
No, you're not, but McLaurin is not only a deep threat, he's an after the catch guy who gets separation at the line of scrimmage. A change in quarterback is always something to watch for, and in this case, comes right at most fantasy trading deadlines for redraft, but he's been getting cushions and separation right off the line. That said, the TD Sunday was a bit of a fluke as two guys went up for it from the same team, crashed into each other, and left McLaurin to T1 Terry himself into the end zone after they fell.

I personally wouldn't trade him, though Smith makes me nervous. Then again, this is a guy that had Haskins and Allen throwing to him. I'd roll with it and see what happens. 

I don't think you can get Michael Thomas for McLaurin in redraft, though. 
I’d have to throw in Hockenson with Mcclaurin. (I have Waller) but I can make that upgrade.  Just not sure if Michael Thomas gets the targets Terry has been seeing. 

No, you're not, but McLaurin is not only a deep threat, he's an after the catch guy who gets separation at the line of scrimmage. A change in quarterback is always something to watch for, and in this case, comes right at most fantasy trading deadlines for redraft, but he's been getting cushions and separation right off the line. That said, the TD Sunday was a bit of a fluke as two guys went up for it from the same team, crashed into each other, and left McLaurin to T1 Terry himself into the end zone after they fell.

I personally wouldn't trade him, though Smith makes me nervous. Then again, this is a guy that had Haskins and Allen throwing to him. I'd roll with it and see what happens. 
Yeah I agree that TD was fluky.  I’d have to go back and see how many of his other catches were from Alex Smith.  

There’s good reason to think about trading him.  Has Smith ever supported a top wr?  

I think you can do better than Thomas.  His numbers are in line with Hopkins and Lockett.  I would be trying those guys

In 2017

Smith 15 starts

Hill 75 catches - 5 per game (15)

In 2016

Smith 15 starts

Hill 61 catches - 4 per game (16)

Both were team leading WR catches - both behind Kelce

In 2017

Smith 15 starts

Hill 75 catches - 5 per game (15)

In 2016

Smith 15 starts

Hill 61 catches - 4 per game (16)

Both were team leading WR catches - both behind Kelce
McClaurin owners have to feel more confident now going forward  considering Kelce is one of the greats of all time and Tyreek was still able to put up those stats his rookie and 2nd year with Alex Smith.  Now that Alex Smith is getting starter reps, that’s only going to help the timing between him and Scary Terry. 

McClaurin owners have to feel more confident now going forward  considering Kelce is one of the greats of all time and Tyreek was still able to put up those stats his rookie and 2nd year with Alex Smith.  Now that Alex Smith is getting starter reps, that’s only going to help the timing between him and Scary Terry. 
That was 3-4 years ago and prior to that terrible injury.  I’m not disagreeing with you just curious. 

ROS WRs  All 130-135 PPR points ROS. Maybe MT is a target for two dome games week 15,16   Outdoors Week 14 vs Philly 

6.  Lockett

7.  Brown 

8.  Thomas

9. Mcclaurin 

10. Hopkins 

Terry McLaurin caught 7-of-9 targets for 95 yards in Washington's Week 10 loss to the Lions, adding one rush for 27 yards. 

McLaurin was one of the many beneficiaries of Alex Smith torching the Lions for 390 yards in a comeback try that fell just short. Concerns that Smith under center would be a disaster for McLaurin's fantasy value have been dispelled by McLaurin catching 14 balls for 210 yards and a touchdown over the past two weeks. The Football Team's passing game will continue to run through McLaurin in Week 11 against the Bengals. 

- Rotoworld

Man, McClaurin look good today, didn’t get a TD, but was targeted a bunch and he just gets open.    Really only 1 disappointing game all year, and it was against the Rams who shut down DK Metcalf today also.  He’s exciting to watch, one of the top WR for the next 3 to 4 years.  

Terry McLaurin (ankle) was "limited" in Tuesday's practice. 

It's a new listing for McLaurin this week, but there has been no indication his status is in doubt for Thursday's Thanksgiving showdown with the Cowboys. The owner of one of fantasy football's highest floors right now, McLaurin is a WR1 overdue for a monster ceiling effort. 

Nov 24, 2020, 3:56 PM ET

Terry McLaurin (ankle) is questionable for Week 12 against the Cowboys.

McLaurin was limited in practice this week and should be able to go Thursday, but we'll have to check back Thanksgiving afternoon to be sure. Assuming he plays, McLaurin is a lock-and-load every-week WR1 hogging targets in Washington.

Nov 25, 2020, 2:25 PM ET

Terry McLaurin (ankle) will play in Week 12 against Dallas.

As expected. McLaurin is a lock-and-load WR1 against a Dallas secondary short both Anthony Brown and Reggie Robinson in the secondary.

Nov 26, 2020, 3:48 PM ET

Terry McLaurin caught 7-of-9 targets for 92 yards in Washington's Week 12 win over the Cowboys.

It doesn't count for fantasy, but McLaurin saved a would-be Cowboys touchdown on an interception with a D.K. Metcalf-like hawking. These type of plays are why the organization made him a team captain in his second NFL season. McLaurin also worked his way open all day long against an injured and straight-up bad Cowboys secondary. Alex Smith has reverted back to a quality back-end NFL starter after adjusting his game on his healed leg. McLaurin has earned every-week WR2 status regardless of matchup. Washington will play next in Pittsburgh.

Nov 26, 2020, 8:39 PM ET

7 catches for 100 yards with 50% chance of a TD is basically this dude's baseline.
Yup. Hard to complain, but his ceiling would be so much higher if A. Smith wasn't checking down to his RBs left and right. Dallas D is miserable. Maybe more competent Ds will actually force Smith to throw downfield more.

Would love to see Terry hit a couple of ceiling games during the fantasy playoffs.

Imagine Terry with a competent downfield passer. Yikes

Terry McLaurin caught 2-of-6 targets for 14 yards in Washington's Week 13 win over the Steelers.

McLaurin only logged a 13 percent target share while the dump-off options of J.D. McKissic and Logan Thomas combined for 19 looks in the passing game. It was McLaurin's fewest yards and receptions of the 2020 season. Alex Smith took the shallow options that Pittsburgh gave him and didn't look deep to McLaurin much at all in this game. Despite the off night, McLaurin remains a solid WR2 option in Week 14 against the 49ers. He was on a streak of six games with at least 70 yards. 

Dec 7, 2020, 9:07 PM ET

Terry McLaurin (ankle) was upgraded to "full" for Thursday's practice.

McLaurin was limited on Wednesday with the Football Team confronting a short week. Alex Smith living in the short area of the field finally caught up with McLaurin in Week 13 as he posted a season-worst line of 2/14 against the Steelers' tough defense. The 49ers should be more forgiving for the first week of the fantasy playoffs, though Smith does limit McLaurin's ceiling. He thankfully has one of the highest floors in all of football. 

Dec 10, 2020, 6:51 PM ET

Anyone else think he’s ranked way too high in a tough matchup this week and still Alex Smith throwing him the ball? This has 3-19-0 all over it. 

Users who are viewing this thread