Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

Dynasty & Redraft: WR Terry McLaurin, Washington

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, cantstop1999 said:

Bradberry  stays on 1 side of the field, so he won’t be on him all game. He never follows teams number 1s.

FWIW, PFF lists both McLaurin and M Brown being shadowed by their CBs (Bradberry and Slay, respectively).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Ted Lange as your Bartender said:

Terry about to visit Bradberry Island - keep your expectations in check.

the QB situation is bad enough, but it would be nice if he could have a decent matchup one of these 

20 minutes ago, Ted Lange as your Bartender said:

Pretty sure he has shadowed this year against clear #1 WRs 

I can’t confirm it but I heard it on a fantasy podcast, can’t recall from who, but he does play out of the slot for about 25% of the time, he won’t have bradberry then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, themeistersinger said:

FWIW, PFF lists both McLaurin and M Brown being shadowed by their CBs (Bradberry and Slay, respectively).

Unfortunately, these are the two I have to choose from.

Leaning Brown after Claypool busted that PHI D for like 8 TDs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think I’m going JuJu over McLaurin this week due to matchup, but it’s a tough call. Or I go both and bench Claypool, which I’m not too keen on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

That Those data is are hard to ignore.

Sorry. Old science nerd. "Data" is plural. 

Yeah I'm worried a little bit. I didn't get to see enough of Allen to get any sense of him but I sure saw Alex Smith look unbelievably terrible. The Giants matchup doesn't make me feel better but Terry sure seems matchup proof other than the obvious QB issue. As I mentioned in the Julio thread I am probably starting Julio over McLaurin this weekend, but I don't like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cantstop1999 said:

Bradberry  stays on 1 side of the field, so he won’t be on him all game. He never follows teams number 1s.

hmmmmmmmm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Think I’m going JuJu over McLaurin this week due to matchup, but it’s a tough call. Or I go both and bench Claypool, which I’m not too keen on

I have a few spots with Juju and Claypool this weekend and I don't know what to do with them. I think I am benching McLaurin in one as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welp, Terry is damn good and I think we can all agree is just about matchup proof.  12 targets, 7 for 74......  If Rivera decides to kick the extra point and go into OT then most likely more as well.  He will be locked into my WR2 spot all year.

In 0.5 PPR redraft with 2 keepers what do we think his trade value is?  Keepers can be kept year after year with a 2 round penalty each year.....He would count towards a 13th round pick in 2021, and 11th in 2022, and so on.....

 

Edited by ahartig
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ahartig said:

Welp, Terry is damn good and I think we can all agree is just about matchup proof.  12 targets, 7 for 74......  If Rivera decides to kick the extra point and go into OT then most likely more as well.  He will be locked into my WR2 spot all year.

In 0.5 PPR redraft with 2 keepers what do we think his trade value is?  Keepers can be kept year after year with a 2 round penalty each year.....He would count towards a 13th round pick in 2021, and 11th in 2022, and so on.....

 

Yeah that's it. I'm not sitting him again.

Dallas up next. Prime spot for a blowup.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just saw a pretty sloppy field and they are predicting 70% chance of rain (which is what they said). This definitely favors the run. Anyone thinking of benching McClaurin against this great matchup due to these conditions?  I could slot in DJ Moore or Henderson in my Standard league so I have options, but was drooling at this matchup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Goooals said:

Just saw a pretty sloppy field and they are predicting 70% chance of rain (which is what they said). This definitely favors the run. Anyone thinking of benching McClaurin against this great matchup due to these conditions?  I could slot in DJ Moore or Henderson in my Standard league so I have options, but was drooling at this matchup.

I’ve always been a fan of sloppy fields as long as the football is dry enough for the qb to grip.  Offensive player can make sharper cuts because he knows where he’s going, while the defender has to watch the player and the field.  Nor sure if stats bear this out, but I wouldn’t be afraid of using Terry under these conditions.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't look like it's going to be a windy day. Would be more concerned about that.

Even if there were 30 MPH winds and a driving rain storm don't think I could afford to sit him anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Goooals said:

Just saw a pretty sloppy field and they are predicting 70% chance of rain (which is what they said). This definitely favors the run. Anyone thinking of benching McClaurin against this great matchup due to these conditions?  I could slot in DJ Moore or Henderson in my Standard league so I have options, but was drooling at this matchup.

If it does rain it should be light rain.  The field is grass - I don't know if it's been raining all week there, but if yes that would make it sloppy.  Light winds (6 mph) and 45 degrees.  Weather really shouldn't be a factor at all, but a muddy field could be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No way am i benching terry in one of his best matchups of the year. Kyle has been targeting him a ton too. Giddyup 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wickster33 said:

I’ve always been a fan of sloppy fields as long as the football is dry enough for the qb to grip.  Offensive player can make sharper cuts because he knows where he’s going, while the defender has to watch the player and the field.  Nor sure if stats bear this out, but I wouldn’t be afraid of using Terry under these conditions.

I watched the Bills/Chiefs game Monday afternoon and it was the first time in a while I’d seen the ball slipping out of QB hands. Both Mahomes and Allen seemed to have a few throws that just slipped out of their fingers.  Not sure if it was because the rain was a surprise or if it was because it was that misty light rain that just soaks everything. Either way, it seemed to affect that game some on a few throws for each guy. But not a deciding factor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

T Mobile Terry 52 to the house!!!! Nice.

Edited by rockaction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great to see the young wideout have a smash game in a smash situation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So close to another TD early in the game too, literally inches away and he usually is acrobatic enough to make it happen. Almost had a monster game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone shopping him in redraft now that he has Alex Smith throwing to him or will be continue to get PPR volume? Might be able to get Michael Thomas for him but I think they are similar rest of season. Am I crazy? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why trade him?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Gottabesweet said:

Anyone shopping him in redraft now that he has Alex Smith throwing to him or will be continue to get PPR volume? Might be able to get Michael Thomas for him but I think they are similar rest of season. Am I crazy? 

No, you're not, but McLaurin is not only a deep threat, he's an after the catch guy who gets separation at the line of scrimmage. A change in quarterback is always something to watch for, and in this case, comes right at most fantasy trading deadlines for redraft, but he's been getting cushions and separation right off the line. That said, the TD Sunday was a bit of a fluke as two guys went up for it from the same team, crashed into each other, and left McLaurin to T1 Terry himself into the end zone after they fell.

I personally wouldn't trade him, though Smith makes me nervous. Then again, this is a guy that had Haskins and Allen throwing to him. I'd roll with it and see what happens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Apeman said:

I don't think you can get Michael Thomas for McLaurin in redraft, though. 

I’d have to throw in Hockenson with Mcclaurin. (I have Waller) but I can make that upgrade.  Just not sure if Michael Thomas gets the targets Terry has been seeing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gottabesweet said:

I’d have to throw in Hockenson with Mcclaurin. (I have Waller) but I can make that upgrade.  Just not sure if Michael Thomas gets the targets Terry has been seeing. 

I'd stay put. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, rockaction said:

No, you're not, but McLaurin is not only a deep threat, he's an after the catch guy who gets separation at the line of scrimmage. A change in quarterback is always something to watch for, and in this case, comes right at most fantasy trading deadlines for redraft, but he's been getting cushions and separation right off the line. That said, the TD Sunday was a bit of a fluke as two guys went up for it from the same team, crashed into each other, and left McLaurin to T1 Terry himself into the end zone after they fell.

I personally wouldn't trade him, though Smith makes me nervous. Then again, this is a guy that had Haskins and Allen throwing to him. I'd roll with it and see what happens. 

Yeah I agree that TD was fluky.  I’d have to go back and see how many of his other catches were from Alex Smith.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s good reason to think about trading him.  Has Smith ever supported a top wr?  
 

I think you can do better than Thomas.  His numbers are in line with Hopkins and Lockett.  I would be trying those guys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, The Dude said:

There’s good reason to think about trading him.  Has Smith ever supported a top wr?  
 

I think you can do better than Thomas.  His numbers are in line with Hopkins and Lockett.  I would be trying those guys

This looks pretty good:

Alex Smith to Tyreek

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In 2017

Smith 15 starts

Hill 75 catches - 5 per game (15)

In 2016

Smith 15 starts

Hill 61 catches - 4 per game (16)

Both were team leading WR catches - both behind Kelce

Edited by The Dude

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, The Dude said:

In 2017

Smith 15 starts

Hill 75 catches - 5 per game (15)

In 2016

Smith 15 starts

Hill 61 catches - 4 per game (16)

Both were team leading WR catches - both behind Kelce

McClaurin owners have to feel more confident now going forward  considering Kelce is one of the greats of all time and Tyreek was still able to put up those stats his rookie and 2nd year with Alex Smith.  Now that Alex Smith is getting starter reps, that’s only going to help the timing between him and Scary Terry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kevrunner said:

McClaurin owners have to feel more confident now going forward  considering Kelce is one of the greats of all time and Tyreek was still able to put up those stats his rookie and 2nd year with Alex Smith.  Now that Alex Smith is getting starter reps, that’s only going to help the timing between him and Scary Terry. 

That was 3-4 years ago and prior to that terrible injury.  I’m not disagreeing with you just curious. 
 

ROS WRs  All 130-135 PPR points ROS. Maybe MT is a target for two dome games week 15,16   Outdoors Week 14 vs Philly 

6.  Lockett

7.  Brown 

8.  Thomas

9. Mcclaurin 

10. Hopkins 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Terry McLaurin caught 7-of-9 targets for 95 yards in Washington's Week 10 loss to the Lions, adding one rush for 27 yards. 

McLaurin was one of the many beneficiaries of Alex Smith torching the Lions for 390 yards in a comeback try that fell just short. Concerns that Smith under center would be a disaster for McLaurin's fantasy value have been dispelled by McLaurin catching 14 balls for 210 yards and a touchdown over the past two weeks. The Football Team's passing game will continue to run through McLaurin in Week 11 against the Bengals. 

- Rotoworld

 

Edited by The Frankman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, McClaurin look good today, didn’t get a TD, but was targeted a bunch and he just gets open.    Really only 1 disappointing game all year, and it was against the Rams who shut down DK Metcalf today also.  He’s exciting to watch, one of the top WR for the next 3 to 4 years.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


 

Quote

Terry McLaurin (ankle) was "limited" in Tuesday's practice. 

It's a new listing for McLaurin this week, but there has been no indication his status is in doubt for Thursday's Thanksgiving showdown with the Cowboys. The owner of one of fantasy football's highest floors right now, McLaurin is a WR1 overdue for a monster ceiling effort. 

Nov 24, 2020, 3:56 PM ET

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Terry McLaurin (ankle) is questionable for Week 12 against the Cowboys.

McLaurin was limited in practice this week and should be able to go Thursday, but we'll have to check back Thanksgiving afternoon to be sure. Assuming he plays, McLaurin is a lock-and-load every-week WR1 hogging targets in Washington.

Nov 25, 2020, 2:25 PM ET

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Terry McLaurin (ankle) will play in Week 12 against Dallas.

As expected. McLaurin is a lock-and-load WR1 against a Dallas secondary short both Anthony Brown and Reggie Robinson in the secondary.

Nov 26, 2020, 3:48 PM ET

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Terry McLaurin caught 7-of-9 targets for 92 yards in Washington's Week 12 win over the Cowboys.

It doesn't count for fantasy, but McLaurin saved a would-be Cowboys touchdown on an interception with a D.K. Metcalf-like hawking. These type of plays are why the organization made him a team captain in his second NFL season. McLaurin also worked his way open all day long against an injured and straight-up bad Cowboys secondary. Alex Smith has reverted back to a quality back-end NFL starter after adjusting his game on his healed leg. McLaurin has earned every-week WR2 status regardless of matchup. Washington will play next in Pittsburgh.

Nov 26, 2020, 8:39 PM ET

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

7 catches for 100 yards with 50% chance of a TD is basically this dude's baseline.

Yup. Hard to complain, but his ceiling would be so much higher if A. Smith wasn't checking down to his RBs left and right. Dallas D is miserable. Maybe more competent Ds will actually force Smith to throw downfield more.

Would love to see Terry hit a couple of ceiling games during the fantasy playoffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would love to see Terry on another team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine Terry with a competent downfield passer. Yikes

Edited by Teezee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.