What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Opening Night: Packers @ Bears (1 Viewer)

Dr. Octopus

Footballguy
The Bears will host the Packers for the 2019 season's opening night on Thursday Sept. 5.

Analysis: It is a break with the NFL's recent tradition of having the defending Super Bowl champions host the opener, but the league wants to do something special as it begins its 100th anniversary season. Bears/Packers is as classic as it gets. The Patriots, who are no strangers to Thursday night openers, will instead host the first Sunday Night Football clash of the year. We would be remiss if we left out that both games will be airing on NBC.

The Bears will host the Packers for the 2019 season's opening night on Thursday Sept. 5.

Analysis: It is a break with the NFL's recent tradition of having the defending Super Bowl champions host the opener, but the league wants to do something special as it begins its 100th anniversary season. Bears/Packers is as classic as it gets. The Patriots, who are no strangers to Thursday night openers, will instead host the first Sunday Night Football clash of the year. We would be remiss if we left out that both games will be airing on NBC.
I bet they try to spin-in as tradition or whatever but I bet the league wanted something other than what they got in the Super Bowl.  >>>>>>>>> Super Bowl ratings 2019: Patriots-Rams lowest in a decade

Don't forget that the 2018 season had reversed a two-year trend of lower TV ratings up until the SB.  

I honestly believe the Browns and Baker Mayfield played a big role in turning around the TV ratings and the Pats have been bumped to the Sunday Night game with the opponent TBD.  Their have been rumors the league wants the Browns to face the Pats in the Sunday Night game opener.

I bet they try to spin-in as tradition or whatever but I bet the league wanted something other than what they got in the Super Bowl.  >>>>>>>>> Super Bowl ratings 2019: Patriots-Rams lowest in a decade

Don't forget that the 2018 season had reversed a two-year trend of lower TV ratings up until the SB.  

I honestly believe the Browns and Baker Mayfield played a big role in turning around the TV ratings and the Pats have been bumped to the Sunday Night game with the opponent TBD.  Their have been rumors the league wants the Browns to face the Pats in the Sunday Night game opener.
I don't think it's ratings related, I think it's Kraft related.  They don't want the focus to be on sex trafficking leading up to the opening game.  With the Pats kicking off Sunday night, the Thursday night focus will be on the game.

I don't think it's ratings related, I think it's Kraft related.  They don't want the focus to be on sex trafficking leading up to the opening game.  With the Pats kicking off Sunday night, the Thursday night focus will be on the game.
Ah. good call.  THAT makes much more sense.

They’re showing last year’s Bears Packers game where Rodgers got carted off, then came back in the 4th for the unlikely comeback.

naturally, I was facing ARod/Allison in that game, and it was absolutely brutal. I lost that week by 3 points. 

What a kick in the nads to start the season. 

They’re showing last year’s Bears Packers game where Rodgers got carted off, then came back in the 4th for the unlikely comeback.

naturally, I was facing ARod/Allison in that game, and it was absolutely brutal. I lost that week by 3 points. 

What a kick in the nads to start the season. 
Sort of same.  I went into that game with Chicago D to go, and needed a good but not great performance out of them to win, my opponent was done.  They started off hot, several sacks, a turnover I think, maybe an int., and I took the lead by 2-3 points when Rodgers went out.  Figured I had it sewn up, the backup's in now, I'll get a couple more sacks out of Mack and coast.  Rodgers comes back in, scores points, my score goes backward, and I lost by like 1 point.  Fun times 👍

This one will be over fast. The Packers are a 5-11 team at best, the bears a 14-2 team. The bears will win the Super Bowl, the Packers will have to hope for better luck in the draft. Shame these two teams are rarely good at the same time. Kind of takes the fun out of the rivalry. The bears beat the Packers, 52-10. 

This one will be over fast. The Packers are a 5-11 team at best, the bears a 14-2 team. The bears will win the Super Bowl, the Packers will have to hope for better luck in the draft. Shame these two teams are rarely good at the same time. Kind of takes the fun out of the rivalry. The bears beat the Packers, 52-10. 
iheartGuinness

You seem to have taken your handle a little too seriously today.  :banned:

Last edited by a moderator:
In other news ... Megan Trainor underwhelms all fans in a parking lot appearance. Football fans did not even move as they try to fathom the horror that is unfolding.  

Welcome to your new NFL! Brought to you by JAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYZeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

The sad part is that while CC had to go to wardrobe for that 100 year old hat/outfit, Al Michaels just had to go to the hall closet. 

They certainly talking up DaBears defense   kinda cool   But I'm not so sure the Packers are all that wrong to be judged top 10 themselves   Hope to see the secondary w/ players like Savage have a good game

Nothing says it's time for kickoff better than Jim Corneilson...Dang...what a set of pipes....sheesshee

That was honestly one of the worst performances of the National Anthem I have ever heard.

I was torn all day on how I wanted this game to go. After that, I am rooting for the Pack!

I really hate opera singer National Anthem renditions. Though, that dude did have some pipes.

Users who are viewing this thread