What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mick Jagger OK Stones tour is back on track! (1 Viewer)

I'll hold onto my tix and catch them when they reschedule.  Take care, Mick... health comes first.   

Bummer. 10 of us had seats for the Rose Bowl performance. Only seen them once in Vegas a few years ago and they canceled the Thursday show before ours on Saturday night. Think Mick lost his voice then 

Stood in line a few hours at the Dome to get these. Pretty shocking. The Jazz Fest event is a little different as it’s not entirely clear what will happen with refunds.

Bummer. 10 of us had seats for the Rose Bowl performance. Only seen them once in Vegas a few years ago and they canceled the Thursday show before ours on Saturday night. Think Mick lost his voice then 
My wife and I and 3 other couples were part of the "fake crowd" that cheers during the Stones Superbowl halftime show in Detroit in 2006. I saw Keith Richard and Jagger from feet away. Shocked that Richard is still alive as he looked horrible up close. Hard to tell but Pretty sure the sound was pumped into help out Jagger's voice.

I always laugh when I see those crowds jumping around..the producers told us.  "Now jump up and down, clap and dance to every song like you are having a great time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stevie Van Zandt‏Verified account @StevieVanZandt

FollowFollow @StevieVanZandt

More

I’ve been told by someone who knows that Mick Jagger’s ailment is thankfully temporary and insignificant. The Rolling Stones’ immortal endurance continues to inspire all of us! Meanwhile, catch my interview with Keith on YouTube this week.

Stevie Van Zandt‏Verified account @StevieVanZandt

FollowFollow @StevieVanZandt

More

I’ve been told by someone who knows that Mick Jagger’s ailment is thankfully temporary and insignificant. The Rolling Stones’ immortal endurance continues to inspire all of us! Meanwhile, catch my interview with Keith on YouTube this week.
If it was temporary and insignificant, then they just would have moved a few shows from the beginning of the tour to the end of the tour.

But in this case, they have indefinitely postponed an entire tour -- after it had already been booked. That's not a decision that is made lightly.

If it was temporary and insignificant, then they just would have moved a few shows from the beginning of the tour to the end of the tour.

But in this case, they have indefinitely postponed an entire tour -- after it had already been booked. That's not a decision that is made lightly.
I think "significant" for a 75 year old is life or death, not whether or not a tour needs to be rescheduled. We're not talking about the Black Keys fully canceling an entire tour for Carney's skim-boarding or whatever accident. (They were paid for that tour, btw.) And this is a tweet from Little Steven, not a statement from the band. Seems a reasonable thing to say to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has it been mentioned that Keith Richard's genes should be the base for the first generation of genetically engineered supersoldiers?

Take out the 40 years of smoking, booze, and drugs and he'd be a real life captain america. 

Has it been mentioned that Keith Richard's genes should be the base for the first generation of genetically engineered supersoldiers?

Take out the 40 years of smoking, booze, and drugs and he'd be a real life captain america. 
Yes, he's going to outlive us all.

And the cockroaches.

James Daulton said:

Every cigarette you smoke takes 11 minutes off your life and gives them to Keith Richards.

James Daulton said:

Why? That's the magical elixir that's keeping him alive and kicking, apparently.

Users who are viewing this thread