Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
badmojo1006

Mick Jagger ailing, Stones tour on hold.

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, pantherclub said:

i will bet anything they dont tour again.  heart valve replacement for a 75 yr old is as major as it gets

How much are you willing to bet?

Edited by Apple Jack
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Tiger Fan said:

this is the end

That's Jim Morrison, chico.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My dad had heart valve replacement surgery at 80 and lived another 13 years.   He wasn't doing rock and roll tour though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Mr. Mojo said:

My wife, the Stones expert and fanatic, said expect 3-6 month delay on the tour.

based on what?

 

I will contend the doctors will strongly recommend him calling it a day even if he gets to the point of thinking he is recovered and thinks he can go out.  It was a good run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, pantherclub said:

based on what?

 

I will contend the doctors will strongly recommend him calling it a day even if he gets to the point of thinking he is recovered and thinks he can go out.  It was a good run.

You really want this to be over. :lmao:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2019 at 1:28 PM, Godsbrother said:

My dad had heart valve replacement surgery at 80 and lived another 13 years.   He wasn't doing rock and roll tour though.

How strenuous do you think a rock and roll tour is these days for the Stones? Stay in a centrally located place - fly in private jet to city - ride in limo to site. Get dressed - do show and fly back in luxury. Maybe if you're up for it pop a little Viagra and relive some of the old days with the ladies. These guys have a shot at going to 100.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pantherclub said:

based on what?

 

I will contend the doctors will strongly recommend him calling it a day even if he gets to the point of thinking he is recovered and thinks he can go out.  It was a good run.

Based upon previous health issues with that band.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, ffldrew said:

How strenuous do you think a rock and roll tour is these days for the Stones? Stay in a centrally located place - fly in private jet to city - ride in limo to site. Get dressed - do show where you don't stop dancing, running, climbing, etc. for 2 plus hours if you're Mick Jagger and fly back in luxury. Maybe if you're up for it pop a little Viagra and relive some of the old days with the ladies. These guys have a shot at going to 100.

I added some details.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2019 at 11:55 AM, Mr. Mojo said:

My wife, the Stones expert and fanatic, said expect 3-6 month delay on the tour.

Sounds like she knows things. Starts back in July?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, boilerdave said:

I added some details.

And has been running, jumping and dancing for 50 years. I would expect that he’s probably in better shape than most of you. 

He’ll be back soon and feeling better than he has in a while. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Judge Smails said:

Sounds like she knows things. Starts back in July?

That's the latest. Subject to change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

And has been running, jumping and dancing for 50 years. I would expect that he’s probably in better shape than most of you. 

He’ll be back soon and feeling better than he has in a while. 

Exactly.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Apple Jack said:

Exactly.

He is still 75.  You cannot out run that, you cannot out train that.  Any health scare is a major one.

 

I hope he comes back as he is a rock God but my realistic view is this is the end.  Incredible run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Apple Jack said:

Exactly.

From the article you cited:

Quote

Jagger will need to rest after completing the transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR), sources say. The minimally invasive procedure allowed Jagger to avoid major surgery — doctors were able to repair the heart valve using a catheter that accesses a major artery without opening the chest.

I had my aortic valve replaced via open heart surgery almost 7 years ago. Realistically. that's a two month recovery time (at least it was for me), with a few weeks of cardiac rehab after that. If I've had that done, as someone would've been almost 30 years younger, I could've recovered in that same time frame.

Given his cardio workouts he gets from each show, a July return to form is very achievable.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, pantherclub said:

He is still 75.  You cannot out run that, you cannot out train that.  Any health scare is a major one.

I hope he comes back as he is a rock God but my realistic view is this is the end.  Incredible run.

Good grief, you make it sound like he belongs in a darn home for the aged. :rolleyes:  Given his cardio (and probably general) fitness level, he can be back in the saddle almost immediately.  Since he had his aortic valve replaced like I did (see above), the fact that they did not have to break his sternum and cut open his chest is HUGE. Not only is he not as torn up physically, he'll be able to recover quicker even given his age and physical condition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wikkidpissah said:

never understood the appeal of geriatrock

Some people just want the old chestnuts, GB.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tom Servo said:

Good grief, you make it sound like he belongs in a darn home for the aged. :rolleyes:  Given his cardio (and probably general) fitness level, he can be back in the saddle almost immediately.  Since he had his aortic valve replaced like I did (see above), the fact that they did not have to break his sternum and cut open his chest is HUGE. Not only is he not as torn up physically, he'll be able to recover quicker even given his age and physical condition.

Dude I hope to see it but I guess we will find out one way or another.   The only 70 year old I know that is close to that active is my retired marine neighbor.  Everyone else including my folks would be down for the count for a while.   I know its not apples to apples but 75 is 75.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2019 at 4:51 PM, pantherclub said:

i will bet anything they dont tour again.  heart valve replacement for a 75 yr old is as major as it gets

Give me 7:1 odds?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tom Servo said:

he can be back in the saddle almost immediately.

You're thinking of Steven Tyler.

  • Like 2
  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/31/2019 at 5:57 PM, pantherclub said:

Dude is 75 and any health issue is a major one.  I seriously doubt we ever see the Stones again.  Stinks.

Jagger is a physical freak of nature. Genetics are on his side.

His mother lived until 87. His dad until 93.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, brianj74 said:

Jagger is a physical freak of nature. Genetics are on his side.

His mother lived until 87. His dad until 93.

Genetics and Time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

Are you saying that you have no urge to see a sixty year-old Madonna singing Like A Virgin? 

Truckstop urchin

(Screwed) for the 1200th time

Feel your u-u-u-urges

Now-w help me get my spanx untwi-i-i-ined, no-ohohohohoh!

 

Edited by wikkidpissah
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, zoonation said:

The rock star era is almost officially a footnote in history.  

Who is left?  Bono?

Billie Joe Armstrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, badmojo1006 said:

Billie Joe Armstrong

I’m talking rock gods.  It is over.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zoonation said:

I’m talking rock gods.  It is over.  

Springsteen turns seventy at the end of September. He seems to possess that same type of constitution that Mick does. He did a one-man show on Broadway that set box-office records. He has an album coming out, and hopefully he calls up Little Stevie and Max, and they get out on the road again. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2019 at 4:51 PM, pantherclub said:

i will bet anything they dont tour again.  heart valve replacement for a 75 yr old is as major as it gets

As major as it gets? Not really.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope they can make it out on tour again. Wishing Mick a speedy recovery. 

As for my wife and I personally, this was a double hit. We had tickets to see them at Jazzfest for the 50th anniversary. That show won’t get rescheduled. 

And at our Chance for Hope benefit last night, we had four tickets to the Houston show in our live auction. Would have gone for $3000 minimum, probably higher. Even with the promise to reschedule, there was just too much uncertainty and we had to scratch the item. That was a bummer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Latest rumors are that they are having trouble rebooking the football stadiums in the latter part of this year (no surprise) so the whole tour may be put off until 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, badmojo1006 said:

Tour cancelled

Where did you hear this? I'm not seeing any confirmation on Google or Twitter or iorr.org.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

Where did you hear this? I'm not seeing any confirmation on Google or Twitter or iorr.org.

I put a link in the original post. But it was from the Daily Mail. And you are right, I a not seeing it anywhere else

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, badmojo1006 said:
35 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

Where did you hear this? I'm not seeing any confirmation on Google or Twitter or iorr.org.

I put a link in the original post. But it was from the Daily Mail. And you are right, I a not seeing it anywhere else

I suspect a bit of tabloid journalism in effect here.

From that link: "Fans have been told their tickets will be valid for rescheduled dates"

Edited by [scooter]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.