Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
badmojo1006

Mick Jagger OK Stones tour is back on track!

Recommended Posts

I'll hold onto my tix and catch them when they reschedule.  Take care, Mick... health comes first.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Touring and doing concerts at 75 years old has to be exhausting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

Touring and doing concerts at 75 years old has to be exhausting.

Especially the way Mick performs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bummer. 10 of us had seats for the Rose Bowl performance. Only seen them once in Vegas a few years ago and they canceled the Thursday show before ours on Saturday night. Think Mick lost his voice then 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stood in line a few hours at the Dome to get these. Pretty shocking. The Jazz Fest event is a little different as it’s not entirely clear what will happen with refunds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Stood in line a few hours at the Dome to get these. Pretty shocking. The Jazz Fest event is a little different as it’s not entirely clear what will happen with refunds.

I guess you can't get any satisfaction :shrug:

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Judge Smails said:

Bummer. 10 of us had seats for the Rose Bowl performance. Only seen them once in Vegas a few years ago and they canceled the Thursday show before ours on Saturday night. Think Mick lost his voice then 

My wife and I and 3 other couples were part of the "fake crowd" that cheers during the Stones Superbowl halftime show in Detroit in 2006. I saw Keith Richard and Jagger from feet away. Shocked that Richard is still alive as he looked horrible up close. Hard to tell but Pretty sure the sound was pumped into help out Jagger's voice.

I always laugh when I see those crowds jumping around..the producers told us.  "Now jump up and down, clap and dance to every song like you are having a great time.

 

Edited by Da Guru

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Da Guru said:

I saw Keith Richard and Jagger from feet away. Shocked that Richard is still alive ad he looked horrible up close

I saw the Stones - front row - in 1981 - Richards looked about a day away from death back then...

Edited by Sinn Fein
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stevie Van Zandt‏Verified account @StevieVanZandt

FollowFollow @StevieVanZandt

More

I’ve been told by someone who knows that Mick Jagger’s ailment is thankfully temporary and insignificant. The Rolling Stones’ immortal endurance continues to inspire all of us! Meanwhile, catch my interview with Keith on YouTube this week.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Apple Jack said:

Stevie Van Zandt‏Verified account @StevieVanZandt

FollowFollow @StevieVanZandt

More

I’ve been told by someone who knows that Mick Jagger’s ailment is thankfully temporary and insignificant. The Rolling Stones’ immortal endurance continues to inspire all of us! Meanwhile, catch my interview with Keith on YouTube this week.

If it was temporary and insignificant, then they just would have moved a few shows from the beginning of the tour to the end of the tour.

But in this case, they have indefinitely postponed an entire tour -- after it had already been booked. That's not a decision that is made lightly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

If it was temporary and insignificant, then they just would have moved a few shows from the beginning of the tour to the end of the tour.

But in this case, they have indefinitely postponed an entire tour -- after it had already been booked. That's not a decision that is made lightly.

I think "significant" for a 75 year old is life or death, not whether or not a tour needs to be rescheduled. We're not talking about the Black Keys fully canceling an entire tour for Carney's skim-boarding or whatever accident. (They were paid for that tour, btw.) And this is a tweet from Little Steven, not a statement from the band. Seems a reasonable thing to say to me.

Edited by Apple Jack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mother's Little Helper?!

 

 

i don't think i understand this game...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It must be kinda serious... You can't just...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Let it bleed :pickle:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dude is 75 and any health issue is a major one.  I seriously doubt we ever see the Stones again.  Stinks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has it been mentioned that Keith Richard's genes should be the base for the first generation of genetically engineered supersoldiers?

Take out the 40 years of smoking, booze, and drugs and he'd be a real life captain america. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, James Daulton said:

Has it been mentioned that Keith Richard's genes should be the base for the first generation of genetically engineered supersoldiers?

Take out the 40 years of smoking, booze, and drugs and he'd be a real life captain america. 

Yes, he's going to outlive us all.

And the cockroaches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, James Daulton said:

Has it been mentioned that Keith Richard's genes should be the base for the first generation of genetically engineered supersoldiers?

Take out the 40 years of smoking, booze, and drugs and he'd be a real life captain america. 

Why?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mr. Mojo said:

Yes, he's going to outlive us all.

And the cockroaches.

Oh, they'll be there with him.  He needs to feed on something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pantherclub said:

Dude is 75 and any health issue is a major one.  I seriously doubt we ever see the Stones again.  Stinks.

57 years, it was a good run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, James Daulton said:

Has it been mentioned that Keith Richard's genes should be the base for the first generation of genetically engineered supersoldiers?

Take out the 40 years of smoking, booze, and drugs and he'd be a real life captain america. 

Every cigarette you smoke takes 11 minutes off your life and gives them to Keith Richards.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, James Daulton said:

Has it been mentioned that Keith Richard's genes should be the base for the first generation of genetically engineered supersoldiers?

Take out the 40 years of smoking, booze, and drugs and he'd be a real life captain america. 

Why? That's the magical elixir that's keeping him alive and kicking, apparently.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Why? That's the magical elixir that's keeping him alive and kicking, apparently.

It’s the only plausible explanation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, James Daulton said:

It’s the only plausible explanation.

All bacteria and viruses that he comes into contact with already presume he is dead and therefore not a host they care to invade.  By this method does he avoid sickness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

All bacteria and viruses that he comes into contact with already presume he is dead and therefore not a host they care to invade.  By this method does he avoid sickness.

Keith also claims he has never caught a cold.

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Drudge Report is claiming that Mick needs heart valve surgery.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

The Drudge Report is claiming that Mick needs heart valve surgery.

He's done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

The Drudge Report is claiming that Mick needs heart valve surgery.

Well, that settles it, then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Step mom (76) just died after heart valve surgery 2 weeks ago.

Hope Mick does better than she did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One hit to the body and it comes straight from the heart 
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope I die before I get old

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, pantherclub said:

He's done

:lmao: Thanks, Doc.

I know three people who have had stents put in. All are still alive. None are in as good of shape as Mick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tiger Fan said:

I hope I die before I get old

This isn't Pete Townshend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Apple Jack said:

:lmao: Thanks, Doc.

I know three people who have had stents put in. All are still alive. None are in as good of shape as Mick.

i will bet anything they dont tour again.  heart valve replacement for a 75 yr old is as major as it gets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pantherclub said:

i will bet anything they dont tour again.  heart valve replacement for a 75 yr old is as major as it gets

Yep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, pantherclub said:

i will bet anything they dont tour again.  heart valve replacement for a 75 yr old is as major as it gets

this is the end

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.