What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

cover songs - who did it better? (1 Viewer)

Thinking of songs that have at least four covers.

Crawling Kingsnake

Tony Hollins

Big Joe Williams

John Lee Hooker

The Doors

Stagger Lee/Stack O' Lee

Ma Rainey

Hull and Reed

Furry Lewis

Lloyd Price

House of the Rising Sun

Clarence Ashley

Leadbelly

The Animals

Bob Dylan

Waylon Jennings

I like the original better. Paul Rodgers has such an awesome voice.
Love Paul Rogers!  Among things he did outside of Free, Bad Company, Queen, his solo work and what not, he did two albums with The Firm (The Firm and Mean Business) back in the 80's, I remember when those came out, loved them then, still love them now.  So it was Paul Rogers, Jimmy Page, Tony Franklin and Chris Slade. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the original better. Paul Rogers has such an awesome voice.
Love Paul Rogers!  Among things he did outside of Free, Bad Company, Queen, his solo work and what not, he did two albums with The Firm (The Firm and Mean Business) back in the 80's, I remember when those came out, loved them then, still love them now.  So it was Paul Rogers, Jimmy Page, Tony Franklin and Chris Slade. 
Agree on Paul Rodgers. Amazing how much he did with all of the different bands.

As far as the cover, I think the reason why I am not thrilled with it is because, I am not as huge of a fan of the heavier, kinda screaming sound. If you read the other thread, it is part of the reason why I wasn't originally a big fan of the Disturbed Sound of Silence cover, but the more I listened to it, the more I have liked it. I also don't like when covers unnecessarily change the lyrics. He sort of sounded like he sang the song off the top of his head, and didn't remember the original lyrics.

Another part of the issue is that Bad Company (Song) is one of my favorites of the Bad Co. songs, so you tend not to like covers.  :bag:

I did like the video though. I would hope that more bands would do tours over where people are stationed. Makes them feel more like home.

i like the counting crows version of friend of the devil a lot which is a cover of a dead song take that to the bank brohans 

Went with a couple of covers here.  I like both covers and loathe the original: 

Like a Prayer

Madonna

Mark Almond

BiGod 20 (no idea what’s going on with the photo montage, but I’d say NSFW)

The Mark Almond cover is on Ruby Trax, which is a three disc set of a whole lot of awesome covers put out by NME a long time ago.  I imagine this isn’t something readily available any more so if anyone is interested in it, I can share it with you via ftp.  Just pm me (or @shuke)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread