What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Avengers vs. Game of Thrones - Poll! (1 Viewer)

which of these are you more excited for?

• Avengers Endgame

Votes: 59 37.8%
  • Last season of Game of Thrones

Votes: 97 62.2%

• Total voters
I've liked GoT much more and for much longer, but Avengers is going into this off an ultra high note (Infinity Wars) while GoT is limping in off a sloppy, poor season.  I voted Endgame.

I am slowly catching on GOT up with my wife (who has seen all episodes); we are four episodes from the end of the previous season. I was not a fan when it came out, but got caught up in it when I watched part of an episode. We have taken the last break to go thru everything from the beginning, and are almost done.

I picked Avengers, because I have waited on GOT before, and I could do it again.

My wife is upset, because last weekend when we went to go see Captain Marvel she went to the rest room just after we went into the theater and missed a GOT preview on the big screen! She says we have to go again before the new season.

I have rewatched the entire series in anticipation for the last season of GoT. I didn't rewatch 22 movies in anticipation for End Game. Voted GoT. That being said, I might rewatch Infinity War before I see End Game

Haven't seen the last two years of GoT, tempted to get HBO now to watch but nowhere near as excited as for avengers.

I don't think I've ever been as excited for a movie, except maybe Star Wars I

I picked GoT because I guess I’ll watch it and I don’t think I can say the same for The Avengers (the only one that I’ve seen was the first one).  Not really excited about either though.

https://youtu.be/gZEdDMQZaCU

I picked GoT because we all know how Avengers ends.

Bit I do agree that GoT has gone way downhill from a dialogue perspective, and it started the minute they ran out of book material (am I allowed to say that here)?

I picked GoT because I guess I’ll watch it and I don’t think I can say the same for The Avengers (the only one that I’ve seen was the first one).  Not really excited about either though.
Same here. All the teen boys I teach are pumped about The Avengers move tho so I am tempted to see it just to have something to relate to them with...but then I saw it was 3 hours. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Ilov80s said:
With no intermission either. I know they want to cram in as many showings as possible but if a movie is 3 hours, it needs an intermission. 
They have this thing called adult diapers.

The movie theaters probably aren't happy as they know people aren't going to buy concessions which is where they make their money 

They have this thing called adult diapers.

The movie theaters probably aren't happy as they know people aren't going to buy concessions which is where they make their money 
I’m going to Alamo drafthouse. I expect my tab to be north of $60. 

Mr. Mojo said:
Avengers - any time it gets here is fine

GoT - foaming at the mouth
I'm the exact opposite. Maybe it's because it's a whole season. I almost want to wait and dvr it the whole thing to binge. I know there's going to be a lot of disappointing episodes. Especially early in the season. Avengers has been building to these 3 straights hrs for 22 movies! I need that closure ASAP. 

I know there's going to be a lot of disappointing episodes. Especially early in the season.
There are only 6 episodes in the entire season.  If you believe there will be a lot of bad episodes, the season will almost certainly suck for you.

I hope this is not going to happen.

NewlyRetired said:
There are only 6 episodes in the entire season.  If you believe there will be a lot of bad episodes, the season will almost certainly suck for you.

I hope this is not going to happen.
I didn't do the math. "A lot" was probably hyperbolic. I just think the anticipation and build is too big and the episodes won't live up to the hype. Whether it's actual action, lack of closure, or undesirable outcomes. 

although I think endgame has a much better chance of being great and more entertaining,  just gotta know how GOT ends and if my theories are right.

I didn't do the math. "A lot" was probably hyperbolic. I just think the anticipation and build is too big and the episodes won't live up to the hype. Whether it's actual action, lack of closure, or undesirable outcomes. 
One week in and I think this has aged well. I expect another slow one tonight to get people in the right places before it picks up. 

With no intermission either. I know they want to cram in as many showings as possible but if a movie is 3 hours, it needs an intermission. 
I saw Captain Marvel at a small theater in New Zealand where they add an intermission to all the movies and it was the best thing ever.  I can't comprehend why all theaters don't do this.  Gives everyone a chance to pee and reload on food/drink and gives the movies an extra chance to sell concessions.  Win/win.

I have seen zero episodes of GOT and watched all of the Marvel movies, most of them more than once.

I am more stoked for Endgame than I have been for any movie ever.

I saw Captain Marvel at a small theater in New Zealand where they add an intermission to all the movies and it was the best thing ever.  I can't comprehend why all theaters don't do this.  Gives everyone a chance to pee and reload on food/drink and gives the movies an extra chance to sell concessions.  Win/win.
I assume it’s no intermission means faster turnaround time for the next showing?

I haven't gotten into any of the comic movies. I've watched a few (Wonder Woman, Guardians, Iron Man, Captain America, one of the Avengers), but I was never dying to see any of them and didn't come away overwhelmed by any.

I can't keep them straight and none of them are that memorable. They all feel the same, too. I enjoyed Batman back in the day, Superman as a kid, but now I could do without all of them. I guess the only one I've enjoyed of late is X-Men, but even that got old after the first couple.  And I did enjoy Spiderman.

GoT is awesome. Although the previous season was underwhelming. I hope we get a good finish.

Get off my lawn.

I haven't gotten into any of the comic movies. I've watched a few (Wonder Woman, Guardians, Iron Man, Captain America, one of the Avengers), but I was never dying to see any of them and didn't come away overwhelmed by any.

I can't keep them straight and none of them are that memorable. They all feel the same, too. I enjoyed Batman back in the day, Superman as a kid, but now I could do without all of them. I guess the only one I've enjoyed of late is X-Men, but even that got old after the first couple. 

GoT is awesome. Although the previous season was underwhelming. I hope we get a good finish.

Get off my lawn.
This.

Embarrassed for the FFA that Avengers is even being compared to GoT.

like them both but GOT easily for me. 

wish HBO released them all at the same time so I could watch them all without waiting.  

I will watch endgame but am in no rush.

I never got into either. GoT if I had to pick, but the nerd is strong with both of these.  I'm working tonight and have a guy asking to go home for 1 hour to watch GoT and come back.  I've also overheard conversations about how much someone would pay to go to Avengers the opening night. 

This post would have made sense 2 years ago but the reality is GoT basically IS an Avengers movie at this point. 

A bunch of characters cramming tons of jokes into rushed straight to the point conversations that spell out plot points like they're talking direct to the viewer so we can hurry up and watch CGI dragons blow stuff up. 

That's my "fear" (strong word, doesn't quite fit but roll with it) for avengers too. 

This.

I don't know if I'd be as psyched if I didn't have a 16yo son who is totally into it but not really sports. It's our thing like the rose bowl was with me and my dad.

I have 2 sons (15 and 12 years old) that have grown up with the MCU. I can’t watch GoT with them. MCU is part of our family at this point- 2-3 times per year we hit the theaters for the experience. Endgame is the most anticipated movie in my world. 

I'm watching the final season of GOT with anticipation, but also with a goodly amount of bitterness, knowing that I'll know the end of ASOIAF before it has been written.

I think you gotta be more excited for GoT because 1) no one knows what is going to happen and 2) this is it. No more episodes with these characters. With Endgame we all pretty much have an idea what is going to happen as the good guys defeat Thanos and find a way to bring everyone back probably using the time stone or whatever. Then more (many more) movies to come.

I think you gotta be more excited for GoT because 1) no one knows what is going to happen and 2) this is it. No more episodes with these characters. With Endgame we all pretty much have an idea what is going to happen as the good guys defeat Thanos and find a way to bring everyone back probably using the time stone or whatever. Then more (many more) movies to come.
I'm of the opinion there are several characters we'll be saying goodbye to in Endgame. This is it for them too.

If they made thw Thrones finale a theater only release do you think it could beat Avengers at the box office? Not a chance, in my imo. 

Users who are viewing this thread