What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Alyssa Milano - #Metoo (1 Viewer)

supermike80

Footballguy
I'm curious how this extremely liberal board feels about her on this topic.

Gigantic #metoo proponent, and pushes hard on the "believe all women" mindset.

Now is backing Joe Biden.   Is it fair to throw out her #metoo push as nothing more than political motivation based on the party affiliation of the accused?  

If this has already been brought up, I apologize.

Now is backing Joe Biden.   Is it fair to throw out her #metoo push as nothing more than political motivation based on the party affiliation of the accused?  

I really haven't paid much attention but I think it is possible to believe the women and make a personal judgement that what he did wasn't sexual and wasn't totally across the line. 

There’s nothing inconsistent about believing the women who say that Biden made them uncomfortable while also believing that Biden was just being awkward rather than malicious.

I think it’s okay to support candidates who are occasionally unintentionally awkward. (I also think it’s okay to not support them. It’s a personal choice.)

Last edited by a moderator:

sure thing chief

In her own words:

Alyssa Milano‏ @Alyssa_Milano Apr 1

I am proud to call Joe Biden a friend. He has been a leader and a champion on fighting violence against women for many years, and I have been fortunate to accompany him to events with survivors where he has listened to their stories, empathized with them, and comforted them.

2. That's who Joe Biden is - a warm, generous individual who believes its on all of us to pay attention to women's stories and experiences.

3. Biden started Its On Us because he believes to meaningfully change our culture, everyone - including those often left out of the conversation like college athletes and fraternity brothers - needed to be part of the movement.

4. Joe Biden’s response that he never meant to make anyone uncomfortable and that he'll listen and learn from anyone who says otherwise is exactly the leadership we need to build a culture where women are heard and are equal.

5. I respect Lucy Flores' decision to share her story and agree with Biden that we all must pay attention to it. But, just as we must believe women that decide to come forward, we cannot assume all women's experiences are the same.

6. I believe that Joe Biden's intent has never been to make anyone uncomfortable, and that his kind, empathetic leadership is what our country needs. Especially now.

https://twitter.com/Alyssa_Milano/status/1112869883069382656

I think she's a twit.  I can't stand these Hollywood activist types.  Jim Carry, Robert DeNiro, Rosie O'Donnell. Merrill Streep, etc.

So no response to Maurile's post?
I'm supposed to respond to everyone's posts?

I don't have that kind of time.   Just curious about opinions from the liberals.

Conservatives, as you might imagine, are not on the same page..generally speaking

I'm supposed to respond to everyone's posts?

I don't have that kind of time.   Just curious about opinions from the liberals.

Conservatives, as you might imagine, are not on the same page..generally speaking

I guess I misunderstood the point of this thread.

I think it's kind of obnoxious for people to pass judgment on victims of sexual assault for speaking out and demand that they feel this way or that way about some other person or subject based on their experience or advocacy. 

You didn't see a ton of people asking Joni Ernst how she can support Donald Trump after she went public with her experiences as a victim of sexual assault. In fact I don't remember a single comment to that effect, although I'm sure there were a few.

I think it's bad form to denounce an entire movement because you think the motives of some of the members aren't "pure" enough, or that they are *GASP* maybe a bit hypocritical at times. We are all hypocrites and we all have different reasons for supporting what we support. This seems to be a big problem for us as a nation right now. On boff sidez.

It just means she is able to distinguish between sexual assault and being awkward.  She can still "believe all women" and support Biden.

Also, @supermike80, welcome to FBGs. I know you've taken some heat, just try to stay in good spirits about it. We get fired up sometimes and some here are rather sensitive about banned aliases and the like. It seems like you are here for information and conversation in good faith and that is always welcome.

You said you misunderstood the point of the thread.....only thing I can offer is you read the OP again? Outside of that, I got nothing for ya
WTF is this about?  Seven posts in and you say the thread "went as expected" then you shut down and walk away?

You said you misunderstood the point of the thread.....only thing I can offer is you read the OP again? Outside of that, I got nothing for ya

No I understand it now. See when you first posted this thread, I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you were looking for discussion about Alyssa Milano and whether her position was hypocritical.

But I now see that wasn't the point of this thread at all. It was just a "Look at the dumb liberals" thread. 

That's cool. Now that I know, I can ignore accordingly. 

Is it just me or does this post seem like a sad attempt at trolling?  Extremely Liberal board?  If you mean a board full of people who dislike Trump then it would be much more accurate.

Also, @supermike80, welcome to FBGs. I know you've taken some heat, just try to stay in good spirits about it. We get fired up sometimes and some here are rather sensitive about banned aliases and the like. It seems like you are here for information and conversation in good faith and that is always welcome.
Heat?   From where?   I don't get on here a lot.   And I don't know the first thing about banned aliases etc.   My user name is mine---full disclosure I am also on that far right bulletin board...I like getting opinions from both sides.   I don't tend to argue a lot..I've learned that is an utter waste of time to try and do that on a BB--or facebook, twitter, IG, etc etc.   Don't have the energy.  Except when it comes to hypocritical thinking...That gets to me more than anything.  Milano borders on that, so I thought I'd post it.   <y thinking is if a conservative had done what Uncle Joe had done, I believe shed have called for his head.  

I generally lurk, occasionally post..might troll a bit when I see comments like  "this isn't even debatable at this point"   

Aside from that...Cheers.  and thanks for the hello

No I understand it now. See when you first posted this thread, I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you were looking for discussion about Alyssa Milano and whether her position was hypocritical.

But I now see that wasn't the point of this thread at all. It was just a "Look at the dumb liberals" thread. 

That's cool. Now that I know, I can ignore accordingly. 
I never call liberals dumb...Ever.   Never have, never will.  

Is it just me or does this post seem like a sad attempt at trolling?  Extremely Liberal board?  If you mean a board full of people who dislike Trump then it would be much more accurate.
Again, why are liberals so apprehensive about calling themselves liberals?   This makes no sense to me.  If you're a liberal SHOUT IT FROM THE ROOFTOPS!!!

I want to know what she has to say about Anita Hill? About the Crime Bill and mass incarceration which includes women. See the whole Joe invading personal space is one thing it's her overlooking the others that makes her support problematic given her causes.

WTF is this about?  Seven posts in and you say the thread "went as expected" then you shut down and walk away?
I am not the defender of the opinion.  My intention was NOT to argue...Is that what you wanted?  I asked for opinions...And they are coming.
Did I expect them to defend Alissa, yep...Just as i expected her to get crucified on other boards.  Did I say that I expected that? Yes I did.  

If your intention is to argue or debate in every thread, god speed young man..it isn't mine. In no way did I state my opinion in the OP.  No where.  Why do you want to fight all the time?

Again, why are liberals so apprehensive about calling themselves liberals?   This makes no sense to me.  If you're a liberal SHOUT IT FROM THE ROOFTOPS!!!
I have no problem calling myself a liberal. I think the problem comes from your framing and limited engagement with some of the responses. You do seem to have plenty of time actually. 

Milano borders on that, so I thought I'd post it.   <y thinking is if a conservative had done what Uncle Joe had done, I believe shed have called for his head.
You might be right about that, but it’s hard to know for sure. I do think it’s best to accuse people of hypocricy based only on what they’ve actually said or done, not based on what you think they might hypothetically say or do under different circumstances.

You might be right about that, but it’s hard to know for sure. I do think it’s best to accuse people of hypocricy based only on what they’ve actually said or done, not based on what you think they might hypothetically say or do under different circumstances.
Well yeah....Of course that's best..Certainly makes it easier.     

I haven't been, although I generally call myself progressive instead of liberal, because of the negative baggage the word has gained over the years after hearing it from conservative/Republican speakers.

What if you're clearly not (collectively speaking) but someone called you that anyway and then kept ducking it and changing the subject when the error was pointed out instead of just admitting it?  Does that make any sense to you?

What if you're clearly not (collectively speaking) but someone called you that anyway and then kept ducking it and changing the subject when the error was pointed out instead of just admitting it?  Does that make any sense to you?
If anyone says this board is not extremely liberal I will call them either misinformed, or a flat our liar.    Sorry. 

Well yeah....Of course that's best..Certainly makes it easier.     
And yet here you are, starting a thread based on not doing that, that you also introduced with a false premise, and now you're getting mad about people calmly pointing these things out to you.

If anyone says this board is not extremely liberal I will call them either misinformed, or a flat our liar.    Sorry. 
You're wrong, and conflating "extremely anti-Trump" with "extremely liberal." 

This has been demonstrated over and over, including by people digging up old polls and whatnot IIRC. I am confident that nearly everyone who posted here regularly before the 2016 election would say the same thing, regardless of their leanings before or after 2016. Sorry.

And yet here you are, starting a thread based on not doing that, that you also introduced with a false premise, and now you're getting mad about people calmly pointing these things out to you.
Dude what?  
I said it's best..i did NOT say it's the only way.   I've said it before---Maurile has a tendency to point out the painfully obvious.....So yes, it certainly would be better if there was proof--however there is none. so i SPECULATED that she would be hypocritical.   

And the thread was started to get opinions, yet, once again, this board is showing itself to be angry all the time.  It's a regular thing

Users who are viewing this thread