What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post Your Startups - 2019 (1 Viewer)

Zyphros

Footballguy
Didn't find a thread for 2019 so figured I'd kick it off as I'm finishing one now.  

Of note the rookies went pretty close to where I expected and where I had them on my own board overall.  Top 5 were Harry, AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler, Josh Jacobs and DK Metcalf. 

Some real steals late in the draft for teams but here's the ones I like a lot.  Curtis Samuel, Breida, Michael Gallup, Wentz, Garoppolo, Jalen Richard.  Only 2 of those were my own picks unfortunately.  

Of the higher tiered players some insane value as well.  AJ Green in the 5th, Fournette in the 4th and a few more. 

Anyways here's the link

https://ibb.co/nscs1LP

Had to screenshot it and upload it since FFPC isn't cooperating 

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to review. Some puzzling picks. I don't know who DhatDis and if he had to give up his 2020#1 but he is cleaning house.

I did not see any value in where those non-QB's you listed were drafted myself and felt some of them were a few rounds higher then I'd ever consider them if at all.

Thanks for posting. When did this draft start?  Just curious to put the Tyreek Hill 3.11 spot in context.

Good to review. Some puzzling picks. I don't know who DhatDis and if he had to give up his 2020#1 but he is cleaning house.

I did not see any value in where those non-QB's you listed were drafted myself and felt some of them were a few rounds higher then I'd ever consider them if at all.
He has a 4th 5th and 6th left in 2020 so yes he sold out to compete now.  Personally I find this a hard strategy for the long term in FFPC but to his credit he did well in the draft.  I don't think he's that strong of a team though other than at RB.

Thanks for posting. When did this draft start?  Just curious to put the Tyreek Hill 3.11 spot in context.
It started AFTER the Tyreek incident for sure, I think it was about 3 weeks ago when we kicked off.  

Didn't find a thread for 2019 so figured I'd kick it off as I'm finishing one now.  

Of note the rookies went pretty close to where I expected and where I had them on my own board overall.  Top 5 were Harry, AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler, Josh Jacobs and DK Metcalf. 

Some real steals late in the draft for teams but here's the ones I like a lot.  Curtis Samuel, Breida, Michael Gallup, Wentz, Garoppolo, Jalen Richard.  Only 2 of those were my own picks unfortunately.  

Of the higher tiered players some insane value as well.  AJ Green in the 5th, Fournette in the 4th and a few more. 

Anyways here's the link

http://myffpc.com/DraftBoard.aspx?ltuid=BCF-8866991C61DF
Link redirects to main page.

Makes dropping Kittle in during 2017 and Damien Williams in during 2018 a real kick in the nut sack.

kittenmittens said:
Wow DJ Moore went early.  Cam went late. 

It's odd how the QBs went off the board.  It always is these days I guess with the balanced Te premium SF settings
This league is normal PPR, no tiered or premium scoring.

for Qbs its 6 pt td and -4 pt Ints

1.01 went a pick after Leveon. Am I crazy, or is that crazy?
I can't speak for your mental state but this is fairly typical of the disparity between startup value and value of rookie picks in existing leagues. For reasons I'm not quite sure they just don't align.

https://myffpc.com/DraftBoard.aspx?ltuid=C23-CFB7BB990AF5

Not sure if this will load but here you are.  Pretty sure you will know my team. 

Of note: I traded My 2020 #2 and #3, plus a 2019 8th and 9th picks for a 2019 3rd and 2019 13th.  I took Theilen with the 3.9.  I took Diontae Johnson at 13.9.  Draft finished a few days ago.  
It works if you are logged into your FFPC account.  I don't understand why someone would trade you the 3.09 in a startup for what you gave up but good for you.

We just started today, sitting just past 3.04. Im Eskimo Brothers. hard the #4 pick -  I started Zeke/Dalvin cook/Kerryon

PPR, 1qb/2rb/3wr/1Flex/1TE 

https://www72.myfantasyleague.com/2019/options?L=50891&O=17
Never seen a startup that has had 0 trades and is in the 3rd round before except for my own 1997 startup where I invited the other guys to come to my house and we did a live draft before I had the internet.

Mahomes at 1.06 in a 1 QB league pretty pricey pick.

Never seen a startup that has had 0 trades and is in the 3rd round before except for my own 1997 startup where I invited the other guys to come to my house and we did a live draft before I had the internet.

Mahomes at 1.06 in a 1 QB league pretty pricey pick.
Tried like hell to move up and get Evans.....shrug.....cant make people trade....was throwing my 2020 1st in there....

There are about 4 of us who are dynasty hardcore innernet types, the rest are local dudes been in my redrafts leagues for 20 plus years.

Upside is i wont be stuck finding replacement owners for ####ty owners orphan teams

Tried like hell to move up and get Evans.....shrug.....cant make people trade....was throwing my 2020 1st in there....

There are about 4 of us who are dynasty hardcore innernet types, the rest are local dudes been in my redrafts leagues for 20 plus years.

Upside is i wont be stuck finding replacement owners for ####ty owners orphan teams
It's also the fastest dynasty draft in history.  I just noticed you guys started at AM today and are about to hit the 4th round.  In my last startup I did was 2016 and the day we started we were still on pick 1.01 at this point in the 1st day.  Not kidding the guy took until 5:46 PM ET to take Beckham who at the time was the undisputed overall 1 pick.  We only accomplished 9 picks the 1st day you guys have accomplished 35 picks so far.

Streak broken your 1st trade and what a trade to get the 4.01 a future 1st is a steal in startup value.  Never know what that 2020 pick will be but for sure got more value out of it then most could get.

The Man With No Name gave up Year 2020 Round 1 Draft Pick from The Man With No Name

Steve gave up Year 2019 Draft Pick 4.01

Has to be the fastest startup in history for a slow draft.

Whats the deal with the sleeper site.  I had the board up this entire day and the board never showed any picks so I hit refresh and like 16 picks were made.  You would think the board would auto refresh every time a pick is made ?  That is what all other sites do.  
The site has many issues, I wouldn't choose it for a league.

Dez said:
Streak broken your 1st trade and what a trade to get the 4.01 a future 1st is a steal in startup value.  Never know what that 2020 pick will be but for sure got more value out of it then most could get.

The Man With No Name gave up Year 2020 Round 1 Draft Pick from The Man With No Name

Steve gave up Year 2019 Draft Pick 4.01

Has to be the fastest startup in history for a slow draft.
@Dez

Hit the work week lag....and the darrell henderson hype is real....just went at 5.04

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
We just started today, sitting just past 3.04. Im Eskimo Brothers. hard the #4 pick -  I started Zeke/Dalvin cook/Kerryon

PPR, 1qb/2rb/3wr/1Flex/1TE 

https://www72.myfantasyleague.com/2019/options?L=50891&O=17
Gun Slingers gave up Year 2019 Draft Pick 24.12; Year 2020 Round 2 Draft Pick from Gun Slingers

Steve gave up Year 2019 Draft Pick 6.01

OOF

The 6.01 should have brought back a future 1st not a future 2nd.  That was a very terrible deal by Steve.

Looking back at this Nashville draft, why would do it before free agency and rookies? 
Some people just can't wait.  I would never do it that way but others like it this way just like some like to do their rookie drafts in March which is insane to me but to each their own.  Good luck with those Butler 1.02 shares for those who did March rookie drafts.

As for this draft those Gurley 1.06 and Hill 1.12 picks look a lot worse now having drafted before all the news came out and that Damien Williams 7.03 pick looks pretty sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread