What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Andrew Yang 2024! (2 Viewers)

One of the two sane ones has dropped out.

the other one is languishing at 1 percent in the polls

Is there any room for sanity in today’s D  party?
If sanity was a requirement Trump would never made it past the day he announced his bid to run.  We are long long past sane.  

Sad to see Yang go.  I thought he was a strong candidate.  He was the only one I saw who could pull hard from the Trump vote.

Glad he made a run and hope he continues to try in the future.  I'm disappointed in the process though.  We like to tell ourselves "Anyone can be president" and then we see a likeable political outsider who isn't a billionaire gain little traction, it is disheartening.  

Politics is really a classism game whether we choose to acknowledge it or not.   

Sad to see Yang go.  I thought he was a strong candidate.  He was the only one I saw who could pull hard from the Trump vote.

Glad he made a run and hope he continues to try in the future.  I'm disappointed in the process though.  We like to tell ourselves "Anyone can be president" and then we see a likeable political outsider who isn't a billionaire gain little traction, it is disheartening.  

Politics is really a classism game whether we choose to acknowledge it or not.   
I don't know that I'd go that cynical here. You could see the inexperience manifest throughout his campaign, and yes, being a bigger name would have attracted more support initially. But you build up to that, it doesn't happen immediately.

I don't know that I'd go that cynical here. You could see the inexperience manifest throughout his campaign, and yes, being a bigger name would have attracted more support initially. But you build up to that, it doesn't happen immediately.
Trump not having experience was a plus for him getting elected.  I was hoping America was still on board with that. I had confidence Yang would surround himself with quality people to make up for his lack of political experience. 

Trump not having experience was a plus for him getting elected.  I was hoping America was still on board with that. I had confidence Yang would surround himself with quality people to make up for his lack of political experience. 
That was part of Trump's appeal, but it was also tempered with a healthy dose of broad relatability, and a "one of us" feel. I think Yang and his campaign didn't have that veneer to a great enough extent. It's a thing he'll need to improve in future campaigns.

I'm good with him getting on CNN and being able to stay in the public eye. I'll watch CNN now that he's on it. Give him his own show and get rid of Don the Lemon. I also want another shot at a free 12k/year for life in 2024.

I'm really coming around on this guy to the point of excitement. I haven't been excited about a candidate since Obama in 2008
I listened to him this morning on Chris Jericho’s podcast and everytime I hear him he keeps growing on me. 
I think this is a perfect example of what this country needs right now,  you and Max are pretty solidly pro Trump and I’m obviously pretty solidly anti-trump yet we can all rally around someone like Yang.  There’s not many candidates but this could be said about. The left made a major mistake. 

I think this is a perfect example of what this country needs right now,  you and Max are pretty solidly pro Trump and I’m obviously pretty solidly anti-trump yet we can all rally around someone like Yang.  There’s not many candidates but this could be said about. The left made a major mistake. 
I've followed Yang on Twitter for a while now and most of his tweets are insightful or just everyday dad type tweet, but he has had a couple recently that rubbed me the wrong. He isnt a pro trump guy at all, but understands how he came to be president. Establishment politics weren't working for 50% of America. 

He's had more "Blame Trump" type tweets over the last couple weeks that sound a lot like establishment Democrat type tweets.

I think the guy has a future in politics and I'm excited for him still, I just dont want him to go from political outsider to partisan politician. 

I've followed Yang on Twitter for a while now and most of his tweets are insightful or just everyday dad type tweet, but he has had a couple recently that rubbed me the wrong. He isnt a pro trump guy at all, but understands how he came to be president. Establishment politics weren't working for 50% of America. 

He's had more "Blame Trump" type tweets over the last couple weeks that sound a lot like establishment Democrat type tweets.

I think the guy has a future in politics and I'm excited for him still, I just dont want him to go from political outsider to partisan politician. 
As any good centrist is going to likely do, some views will like rub some on one side wrong while other rub the other side wrong.  No way around that, but I also think that’s super healthy as it brings different view points together and talking.  

I don't follow your conclusion. I like Yang fwiw

I don't follow your conclusion. I like Yang fwiw
That the left made a mistake?

If so, I think the power in the Democratic Party didn’t put their support behind him the way they could have as Biden was in their view the best choice/hope to beat Trump (which I also don’t agree with).  And from the voters side I think they went with the name brand.  I really feel like this selection had an opportunity to advance the party forward for years to come ( be it Yang or Mayor Pete, etc etc).  That clearly didn’t happen.  

If so, I think the power in the Democratic Party didn’t put their support behind him the way they could have as Biden was in their view the best choice/hope to beat Trump (which I also don’t agree with).  And from the voters side I think they went with the name brand.  I really feel like this selection had an opportunity to advance the party forward for years to come ( be it Yang or Mayor Pete, etc etc).  That clearly didn’t happen.  
I agree with what you're saying about Yang and the DNC's awful primary setup, but Biden was left for dead before South Carolina. He had no money then that blowout changed everything. 

Yang basically said the DNC felt Biden was the most mainstream candidate to get behind to beat Trump. The wanted a familiar face etc. 

Users who are viewing this thread