Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
TartanLion

Ty Johnson, Detroit Lions new RB

20 minutes ago, davearm said:

Debating whether to hold Ty or throw him back for a pure injury play like Edwards/Bonnafon/Armstead.

I want to hold one more week but I need to decide to drop Walton or Ty for a bye week wr.

I'm holding for another week. Volume was there and two long runs called back. I figure that I can always pick up a cuff next week (e.g., Armstead, Bonnafon, Edwards, Penny are all out on the waiver wire).

6 minutes ago, MindBomb said:

I'm holding for another week. Volume was there and two long runs called back. I figure that I can always pick up a cuff next week (e.g., Armstead, Bonnafon, Edwards, Penny are all out on the waiver wire).

I'm holding as well mostly because there's not much out there on waivers right now. Careful with putting off the handcuffs until next week. One of the starts could get hurt this week and now the cuff is subject to waivers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jon_mx said:

I would suggest the backfield is empty.  

Probably just as well.  Since Barry Sanders retired in 1999 the lions have consistently ranked in the bottom third of the nfl in rushing.  Might as well throw the ball.

1 hour ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Probably just as well.  Since Barry Sanders retired in 1999 the lions have consistently ranked in the bottom third of the nfl in rushing.  Might as well throw the ball.

And ruin their game plan?  You have to try to establish the run for 3 quarters and then when you are down 14 points, run your 2-minute offense and try to win it. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, dcgangstas said:

Rotoworld now has Carson as questionable with a hammy issue.   

Sure be nice if Ty redeems himself since I may need to roll him out again as the flex due to TY likely not playing.  Ty and TY.   

I think he's worth another week. He played the most snaps and as people who watched the game said he had some nice runs called back so his box score could have looked a lot better. Now with the other guys dinged up he probably gets some good opportunities.

8 minutes ago, Flying Elvis said:

If Haskins starts for WAS I plan to promote Ty and start him instead of McLaurin. Quantity Matters! 

McLarin is going to the bench if Haskins starts.   That's an easy call.   Finding another decent flex option is the struggle.    It could be Ty.  

6 hours ago, rascal said:

Either him or robby Anderson...ugh...

Same here. Glasgow not starting and he's Detroit best o lineman, but Tra Carson went to IR, so that's one less mouth to feed...

Carson to IR.  Making it hard to not try and start ty.  Guess I'll roll the dice.

13 minutes ago, tackle for loss said:

Ajayi will be signed to Detroit next week. 

They knew Carson was hurt when they brought Ajayi in, why wait?

15 minutes ago, tackle for loss said:

Ajayi will be signed to Detroit next week. 

Is this sourced, or a feeling you get? 

1 minute ago, knowledge dropper said:

A few teams have kicked the tires and passed on Ajayi?

Yeah, gotta be something to that. He's young and only a couple years removed from a great season. Probably not his old self anymore.

19 minutes ago, turkishkamel said:

They knew Carson was hurt when they brought Ajayi in, why wait?

Good question, but Ajayi couldnt help this week, they needed to see if he was healthy.

18 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Is this sourced, or a feeling you get? 

A feeling, if not him, they will sign someone else. Trade deadline passed, a 3-3-1 team with a win this week against Oakland would put them in a disucssion to maybe compete for a wild card, though unlikely. They are settling for Perkins of the practice squad. 

8 hours ago, rascal said:

Either him or robby Anderson...ugh...

Don't sleep on Robby, he's playing Miami.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Hankmoody said:

Don't sleep on Robby, he's playing Miami.

Not being traded + playing Miami = $$$

5 hours ago, rascal said:

Carson to IR.  Making it hard to not try and start ty.  Guess I'll roll the dice.

Ugh.   Can't believe I'm doing this.  

14 hours ago, rascal said:

going with walton over johnson

4 hours ago, _CRAZY8s said:

^^^ Going with both Walton and Johnson...BECAUSE I HAVE TO!

I’m in the same boat. Rough year

4 hours ago, _CRAZY8s said:

^^^ Going with both Walton and Johnson...BECAUSE I HAVE TO!

Passed on Johnson but with you on Walton. Went Parker in ppr over him. 

32 minutes ago, irish eyes said:

His name is ty Johnson & he is pile of heaping crap. 

Too bad there isn't anything better on the wire.  I don't want to look at him on my roster 

dropping him for a backup QB to start this week with Watson on a bye. 

Worst FAAB claim ever (or at least in the past few seasons)

He certainly has not given us anything to retain hope. But I'm going to hold into next year. He is a lottery ticket for which we had the slightest of hope for this year. And although that window did open and he has disappointed, I'll give him the "rookie year" pass into next year before abandoning ship completely.

On 11/2/2019 at 7:01 PM, tackle for loss said:

Good question, but Ajayi couldnt help this week, they needed to see if he was healthy.

A feeling, if not him, they will sign someone else. Trade deadline passed, a 3-3-1 team with a win this week against Oakland would put them in a disucssion to maybe compete for a wild card, though unlikely. They are settling for Perkins of the practice squad. 

Alex Collins is another name that also could be a possibility.

I don't know why they don't give more carries to him. I argued the same thing with Kerryon. This team just doesn't want to let a RB get into any sort of rhythm.

39 minutes ago, Phantom Knight said:

He certainly has not given us anything to retain hope. But I'm going to hold into next year. He is a lottery ticket for which we had the slightest of hope for this year. And although that window did open and he has disappointed, I'll give him the "rookie year" pass into next year before abandoning ship completely.

Normally I am all for holding RB lotto tickets through the offseason.  But since he is a Lions it gives me extra pause.  That franchise more thsn most seems to churn through spare-part RBs and never really settle on one or produce opportunity.  Guys like Dwayne Johnson, Zach Zenner, Joique Bell seem like viable situational comps for Ty.  Except that they didn’t have a singular talent of Kerryon’s level to overcome.

Edited by Arodin
  • Like 1

Ty Johnson (concussion) was a full participant on Friday.

Johnson has gone from DNP to limited to full in the last three practices as he inches closer to a return from a concussion. The Lions officially listed Johnson as questionable, so we won't know if he's active until 90 minutes prior to kickoff on Sunday. If active, Johnson is the top back in a committee with Jeff Driskel at quarterback. If Johnson needs another week, J.D. McKissic offers flex appeal as a pass-catcher with Paul Perkins chipping in as a runner.

SOURCE: Tim Twentyman on Twitter

Nov 15, 2019, 4:04 PM ET

So ... Ty landed in NY, claimed off waivers by the Jets a couple weeks ago. Right after they acquired him, they cut Ballage. Now they release Bell. Frank Gore is still around, and will get some number of carries, though the Jets have to be looking to the future.

Ballage came off the street and started getting a lot of passing game usage, which would seem to fit Johnson’s skill set pretty well. 

The fly in the ointment is Lemichael Perine. Do we really know if he’s any good, though?  Maybe Johnson is the guy that makes some noise. Don’t forget about him. 

I would pick him up as an end of bench guy if you don't have anything better. We want upside with those guys. I personally don't see it with Ty. But he could get some looks down the road if Perine isn't doing anything. 

For some reason I’ve always had a soft spot for this guy and picked him up immediately upon his Jets signing as an add/drop in my leagues. Why not, in PPR. 

On 10/16/2020 at 5:40 PM, dipandglide said:

I would pick him up as an end of bench guy if you don't have anything better. We want upside with those guys. I personally don't see it with Ty. But he could get some looks down the road if Perine isn't doing anything. 

I always keep 1-2 roster spots for a "flyer"... Ty is this weeks flyer!  Skill + Opportuniey = Potential

I see he can get the opportunity, and he has speed, but his other skill set is unknown.  He is worth a look IMO. 

7 minutes ago, Birdie048 said:

I always keep 1-2 roster spots for a "flyer"... Ty is this weeks flyer!  Skill + Opportuniey = Potential

I see he can get the opportunity, and he has speed, but his other skill set is unknown.  He is worth a look IMO. 

I think we got a look at him last year. I was not impressed. With that being said, maybe the problems were with the Lions. Anything can happen. 

26 minutes ago, Mark Football said:

I think we got a look at him last year. I was not impressed. With that being said, maybe the problems were with the Lions. Anything can happen. 

If he were available in my dynasty, I would absolutely add. But he’s not, the bottom dweller of the league has him rostered.

lol at “maybe the problems were with the Lions” 

Yes that absolutely is a problem causing situation - the lions ruin everything ( Travis Fulgham? )

I only laugh because Ty is on the Jets now - which, they are arguably the worst franchise in the league currently.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Ray Barboni said:

I only laugh because Ty is on the Jets now - which, they are arguably the worst franchise in the league currently.

So his overall situation has not improved... I can agree that overall surrounding talent digressed.  But with the overall lack of skill in NYJ, maybe his "speed" will be the Jets strength ... if they can get him in open space... funny, I know... the OL is a wreck.