What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I really hate ________ right now (1 Viewer)

J. Ram and A.Nola.   Had a startup dynasty this year, and these were two of my first couple picks, and might be the worst two performing players on my team.  

if Snell dont find the plate FAST, i dont think there's a league i can cash

ETA: and i dont think ive ever said that in June...

Last edited by a moderator:
fred_1_15301 said:
Blake Snell at it again.  Unstartable for the foreseeable future.  
Is he a buy low candidate in a dynasty league?  I find it hard to believe he doesn't get back to some semblance of a quality pitcher at some point. 

Is he a buy low candidate in a dynasty league?  I find it hard to believe he doesn't get back to some semblance of a quality pitcher at some point. 
Probably, just depends on the rest of your team.  Whatever ails him right now isn't a long term thing.  You can't play him now though.  Only so many of those you can have on your bench without it impacting the current year.

Probably, just depends on the rest of your team.  Whatever ails him right now isn't a long term thing.  You can't play him now though.  Only so many of those you can have on your bench without it impacting the current year.
I already have 11 players (8 SP's) on the IL that I can't use right now.  It's been a tough year.  Wait, only 10 because Springer came off yesterday....but will soon be back to 11 with T. Anderson rolling an ankle.  I can't catch a break. 

I already have 11 players (8 SP's) on the IL that I can't use right now.  It's been a tough year.  Wait, only 10 because Springer came off yesterday....but will soon be back to 11 with T. Anderson rolling an ankle.  I can't catch a break. 
That's why I think the answer to your question depends on the team.  We all have enough problems on our team's already.  Now, if you're white flagging this year I think it's a no brainer, but if you're still in it for this year then it isn't a simple answer.

That's why I think the answer to your question depends on the team.  We all have enough problems on our team's already.  Now, if you're white flagging this year I think it's a no brainer, but if you're still in it for this year then it isn't a simple answer.
Our setup is different.  We play abbreviated seasons and have promotion and relegation for two different divisions.  Each "season" is 5 weeks H2H.  Playoffs start for the last 5 weeks of the season.  No reason to give up at anytime but if I can get a piece that helps for the future more than the short term hurt it's worth it. 

I’m in a keeper league so I’m holding.  He’s filthy and just needs to figure things out again.  However,  I’ve pretty much cut my losses for this season.

Throw Edwin Díaz out there, 100+ ERA(not a typo) in 2 of his last 4 games, also double digit WHIP in those two games <_<  

It’s sad that I have Sale and Snell in a keep 8 league and I’m taking a wait and see approach for the rest of the year as to whether or not I keep them

I'm in two FFA leagues. In the one where my hitting sucks, I'm first in ERA, 2nd in WHIP (3.23/1.12). In the one where my hitting is very good, I'm dead last with basically no chance of not being dead last in ERA and WHIP (4.66/1.35 :lmao: ). Basically, I just hate this ####### game.

I'm in two FFA leagues. In the one where my hitting sucks, I'm first in ERA, 2nd in WHIP (3.23/1.12). In the one where my hitting is very good, I'm dead last with basically no chance of not being dead last in ERA and WHIP (4.66/1.35 :lmao: ). Basically, I just hate this ####### game.
Seems like you need to combine forces.  Did you go heavy one way or the other early in the drafts which accounts for your flip flop of strengths? Usually going into draft season there are players that you like and end up with on all your teams (at least it works that way for me).  Having that drastic of a demarcation makes me wonder if you altered draft strategy and ended up screwing yourself twice.....

Gally said:
Seems like you need to combine forces.  Did you go heavy one way or the other early in the drafts which accounts for your flip flop of strengths? Usually going into draft season there are players that you like and end up with on all your teams (at least it works that way for me).  Having that drastic of a demarcation makes me wonder if you altered draft strategy and ended up screwing yourself twice.....
Nah, both dynasty. The one where my pitching is awful had collapses from all my "top" guys - Treinen, Carrasco, Taillon and then a comical run of adding and dropping guys meant to help my ratios at the wrong time.

Stats for guys on my team vs. full season stats:

Lucchesi 4.94/1.45... 3.92/1.11

Givens 6.08/1.61... 4.50/1.22

Stammen 6.55/1.36... 3.86/1.24

Eflin 4.96/1.57... 4.16/1.32

Jeffress 9.00/1.63... 3.93/1.25

Stroman 4.60/1.47... 3.25/1.27

RStephenson 5.06/1.69... 3.50/1.08

NAnderson 7.94/1.41... 4.46/1.33

... I don't think my process was too bad with any of these guys but the timing has been just incredible, I guess I should have picked a couple and held rather than churned but with the injuries it was kind of neccesary

And those are full season stats I listed, so for there to be such a gap, they've basically been lights out before/after I rostered them. And everyone of these guys has season long ERA/WHIP under my team totals :lol:

Nah, both dynasty. The one where my pitching is awful had collapses from all my "top" guys - Treinen, Carrasco, Taillon and then a comical run of adding and dropping guys meant to help my ratios at the wrong time.

Stats for guys on my team vs. full season stats:

Lucchesi 4.94/1.45... 3.92/1.11

Givens 6.08/1.61... 4.50/1.22

Stammen 6.55/1.36... 3.86/1.24

Eflin 4.96/1.57... 4.16/1.32

Jeffress 9.00/1.63... 3.93/1.25

Stroman 4.60/1.47... 3.25/1.27

RStephenson 5.06/1.69... 3.50/1.08

NAnderson 7.94/1.41... 4.46/1.33

... I don't think my process was too bad with any of these guys but the timing has been just incredible, I guess I should have picked a couple and held rather than churned but with the injuries it was kind of neccesary

And those are full season stats I listed, so for there to be such a gap, they've basically been lights out before/after I rostered them. And everyone of these guys has season long ERA/WHIP under my team totals :lol:
Time to fire your pitching coach......

I streamed Logan Allen last night and Poncedeleon this afternoon :lmao:

i don't just miss, I fail spectacularly. 
Streaming Logan Allen doesn't seem like it will ever end well.  He's been horrific for about 4 starts now.  I can't believe he hasn't been sent down.  However, didn't expect that from Poncedeleon.  Pitching in general this year (outside of maybe 10 guys) seems like a complete crap shoot.  Gotta love juiced balls.

Streaming Logan Allen doesn't seem like it will ever end well.  He's been horrific for about 4 starts now.  I can't believe he hasn't been sent down.  However, didn't expect that from Poncedeleon.  Pitching in general this year (outside of maybe 10 guys) seems like a complete crap shoot.  Gotta love juiced balls.
I basically agree but Miami hasn't hit a lefty all year (until they did). 

Chris Sale is the ####### worst.  Traded JD and Boyd for him earlier in the year.   :lmao:      My only saving grace is that I'm in a keeper league and maybe this clown will figure things out next year.  I hate him, hate him, hate him.  

Chris Sale or Chris Bassitt?  Who you putting your money on heading into fantasy playoffs?  I have both and if I have to make a decision between the 2, I'm going Bassitt.   😢

Throw Edwin Díaz out there, 100+ ERA(not a typo) in 2 of his last 4 games, also double digit WHIP in those two games <_<  
Gotta be the juiced Ball, dude is still missing bats at a solid rate just more big hits mixed in :kicksrock:  

“I really hate fantasy baseball right now”.  Forced to declare 8 keepers Sunday by midnight.  Within 3 days, I’ve lost Gallen and Eloy to what appears to be very significant injuries.   :ptts:    Guess it’s karma for finally winning my league last year.

I know it's simple, but I hate injuries.  My team has been decimated.  To compound it we can roster minor leaguers but only have 34 man rosters and start 22.  I'm trying to dance around the injuries, start players on IL, simply because I don't want to drop my minor leaguers.  I'll get Bellinger and Marte back soon, thank God.  I'll just wait on someone to get called up to replace Trout.  That's the beauty of my league, where you have to make hard roster decisions when injuries hit.  Having balls is a must.

i hate roto leagues with 2 IL spots when i have 11 guys on IL.  and francisco lindor, who will be the next met corpse signed to a hideous contract.  9rbis, 6 less than jp crawford.

Mookie Betts has been about the most steady superstar in fantasy sans Trout, for awhile now. 

He’s really not been good this year if you invested a top 5 pick. 
I am happy with my decision to slide him down low enough where I wouldn't draft him. I wouldnt have gotten him anyway picking 13th, where I drafted Bellinger because I didn't care between Story, J Ram, and Lindor. Then Story and J Ram went at the elbow. And that's when my season ended. 

Mookie Betts has been about the most steady superstar in fantasy sans Trout, for awhile now. 

He’s really not been good this year if you invested a top 5 pick. 
I was just about to post Betts in this thread.  You beat me to the punch.  What the hell happened to him?  He’s still young and with him you know that you’re getting a 20/20 floor with great counting stats.  I wonder if he’s playing hurt.  He’s contributed nothing this year - no power, no steals , no average, and lots of Ks.  I’m probably going to bench him next week, which should be just what it takes to set him off (for one week at least).

Users who are viewing this thread