What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shuke's 1300 favorite songs by 1300 different artists. (3 Viewers)

Sweet. Our troop camped in Mammoth Cave National Park this weekend, but the actual outing was to the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green and then watching drag racing at Beech Bend. Loved not having to deal with any rain on a camp out for once, but it was 88 there yesterday. Last time I was in the gorge on a day like that it was brutally muggy. How did it turn out?
Hot but not too humid.  Still hot enough to sweat after miles of hiking.  Son did some cliff jumping.  Have you guys taken your troop down to do via ferrata?  My son loves it, so we go down a few times a year without scouts also. 

I haven't read the thread because I know I will be disappointed at the explanation for  drawing the line at 1003 instead of 1004.
The reasons for the addition of the three songs is actually interesting.  Your loss. 

shuke said:
304. Ace - How Long

You know you love it.
Great tune, so smooth. This was a relatively high draft choice for me back when we had that EZ listening draft here - like 8 years ago or something. In drafting it I read that it's not about a romantic relationship, it's about a band member who was gigging with other folks on the sly. Your clip link took me to this one with Carrack singing this in 2014, with Eric Clapton who delivers a pretty tasty solo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom Skerritt said:
Great pick.  Mine probably would have been Kodachrome or Loves Me Like a Rock. 
Paul Simon has had like multiple careers even just in his solo stuff. I think I would have went with Late in the Evening or Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes.

Last edited by a moderator:
shuke said:
305. Peter Frampton - Show Me The Way

Would have been a great song even without the talkbox.  I know some people think it's a dumb gimmick, but I like the unique sound.
I’ve owned “Frampton Comes Alive” on record, cassette, CD and now digital (still have the CD also). One of the few albums I’ve owned on every medium - although I never had the 8-track, although my dad had a bunch of them.

shuke said:
Hot but not too humid.  Still hot enough to sweat after miles of hiking.  Son did some cliff jumping.  Have you guys taken your troop down to do via ferrata?  My son loves it, so we go down a few times a year without scouts also. 
We have not. We will have to look at that when we sit down to do some planning. We”ve been lucky in that we have a group of “retired” scout leaders who are all BSA certified rappel masters, so we make an annual November rappelling trip to Camp Falling Rock east of Columbus and use the natural cliffs there. It’s an awesome trip, and we are lucky to have those guys around, as well as all the gear (harnesses, helmets, carabiners, rope, 8’s, gloves) to outfit the troop. 

Also: really like Hush, but I’d have to go with Space Truckin’, just because my son and I spent the better part of a month randomly turning it on and wailing the really high-pitched part of the chorus at each other whenever we were in the car together.

298. Aretha Franklin - Think

I prefer this version over the original.
Yeah - I agree.

Back in '93, when I first moved next to Churchill Downs, I was partying in my front yard when a group of rowdies (like me) walked by. I offered them a beer - they drank - we drank - we all eventually crashed in my living room.

They were from Chicago, and for the next 15 or so years, they came to my house every year for Derby Week. The later years, they brought a huge RV - it really turned the party up to 11.

Well - being from Chicago - they always brought the soundtrack from the Blue Brothers. It became our official Derby Soundtrack - still is to this day.

I can't say enough about the quality of special that is.

Nice pick.

Users who are viewing this thread