What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 NHL Playoff Thread: , Let’s shut this one down. Rangers making moves and draft on Friday. Bring it to offseason thread bromigos (4 Viewers)

Not sure who to root for.  Leaning towards the Jets but think that may be wasted breathe. They seem to be missing something this year. 

Not sure who to root for.  Leaning towards the Jets but think that may be wasted breathe. They seem to be missing something this year. 
Pretty easy for us

Rooting for the Stars to make the WCF and the Bolts to win it all. 

If that happens, Rangers get 4 first round picks

Add in our luck in tonights ping pong balls and we can be set up nicely to make some moves

Lightning over Jackets in 4-2

Penguins over Islanders 4-1

Leafs over Blues Bruins 4-3

Caps over the Cavs 4-1

Jets over Blues 4-3

Stars over Preds 4-2

VGK over Sharks 4-3

Flames over Avs 4-2

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty easy for us

Rooting for the Stars to make the WCF and the Bolts to win it all. 

If that happens, Rangers get 4 first round picks

Add in our luck in tonights ping pong balls and we can be set up nicely to make some moves
Yes. Please restock the Lightning's minor league team for us.

My buddies and I do a 16 team Stanley Cup contest.  $100 buy in.  16 teams/names go into the hat (computer randomizer thing).   Whatever team you get is your team.   $1000 for winner and random $100 payouts like first out, first shut out, first sweep  etc etc.  

gambling at it finest..... I got stuck with the stars.   Go Texas! 

East

Lightning over BJs in 4

Penguins over Isles in 7

Bruins over Leaves in 6

Caps over Canes in 5

West

Jets over Blues in 6

Preds over Stars in 4

Sharks over M Nights 6

Flames over Avs in 5

I know. But I wanted 1

Pronman doesnt think either guy will be stars though. but its nice to have Kakko coming over. 
The question on Kakko is if he’s dynamic enough to rise to the level of a true superstar, a guy who can define a franchise. I think there is reasonable doubt there, but from what he’s done this season at one of the highest levels of hockey, it is certainly possible. I know more than one team who would take him over Hughes, citing that Kakko’s skill set and the way he plays will translate better to the NHL.

I would not bet currently on him reaching the highest echelons of production in the NHL, but I can see him in the very next tier. In that sense, I see him as a roughly comparable prospect talent-wise to Andrei Svechnikov at this time last season, except with added value given what Kakko’s proven versus men.

I know. But I wanted 1

Pronman doesnt think either guy will be stars though. but its nice to have Kakko coming over. 
Rangers moved up a significant amount. I can see being pissed about finishing in the bottom spot and getting leapfrogged (like the Knicks will inevitably do) but this was a massive victory.

East

Lightning over BJs in 5

Penguins over Isles in 6

Bruins over Leaves in 7

Caps over Canes in 6

West

Blues over Jets in 6

Preds over Stars in 4

M Nights over Sharks 6

Flames over Avs in 5
Changed with my picks. Sharks goaltending is a dumpster fire. Blues are red hot coming down the stretch.

That Caps-Canes series must have Don Cherry in a quandary. Russian star vs BunchAJerks. Bruins - TML might be best Eastern opening  series.

The guy crushing Jeopardy likes the Lightning.  They are +120 to win the East and +180 to win it all.  I don't know much about hockey, but I like money.  Are they as good as their record indicates?

CAL over COL in 6
VEG over SJ in 6
NASH over DALL in 7
STL over WINN in 6

TB over CLBS in 5
BOS over TOR in 6
CAR over WASH in 4
NYI over PITT in 6
--------------------------------

CAL over VEG in 7
STL over NASH in 7

TB over BOS in 5
CAR over NYI in 6
------------------------------

CAL over STL in 5
TB over CAR in 5
------------------------------

TB over CAL in 7

Definitely a 1vs8 matchup.  The west won’t look like this but no TB over there either I guess.  I should have picked the sweep instead of 4-1. 

Pens/isles much more entertaining. 

Users who are viewing this thread