What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 NHL Playoff Thread: , Let’s shut this one down. Rangers making moves and draft on Friday. Bring it to offseason thread bromigos (3 Viewers)

He fought a undersized teenager.  Great job.
Eh, Svech has been stepping to him since they had those back to back games at the end of the season. And he threw the jab in Ovies face that started this. I think he thought he could just keep doing that stuff. He was wrong 

I have to assume the predatory nature of what Kadri did (never mind his history) played a big part in it. Marchand's seemed more reactionary ... not condoning it, of course.

And of course the "vague" 3-5 games just basically says, "We can't afford to have Kadri on the ice the rest of this series, no matter what happens."

Meanwhile, Jumbo Joe just got whacked a game as well.

Eh, Svech has been stepping to him since they had those back to back games at the end of the season. And he threw the jab in Ovies face that started this. I think he thought he could just keep doing that stuff. He was wrong 
My bad, Svech has been running at Orpdick, Wilson and Ovi all series, not the other way around.   :loco:

McAvoy probably should stop trying to kill his own goalie by plastering attacking forwards in the crease. That's twice this season now, at least.

And I think Halak is better than him, it's not that, if you're going to writhe around the ice holding your head for five minutes, you should come out of the game.
Also, Toronto fans probably should stop cheering and taunting the opposing goalie when he's lying on the ice after being plastered by said teammate/forward.

My bad, Svech has been running at Orpdick, Wilson and Ovi all series, not the other way around.   :loco:
Ovechkin’s last fight was in 2010, literally almost a decade ago. He’s not exactly cruising around looking for fights or getting off on dropping the gloves whenever he thinks he has a mismatch. So ask yourself why, after 9 years, Ovechkin suddenly gets in a fight, and in a playoff game to boot. It could be that a 19-year-old who didn’t know any better kept pushing and pushing, doing cheap things that you don’t do to a Hall of Fame player, and finally took it too far. Just food for thought 

Also, Toronto fans probably should stop cheering and taunting the opposing goalie when he's lying on the ice after being plastered by said teammate/forward.
Ya that was weird. 

Goalie gets flattened, in clear pain, crowd taunts him for 5 mins 

I heard applause from the Toronto fans when Rask showed he was okay.  And btw, Rask milked that ####.
He was barely touched but that's what goalies do (and Andersen is even worse) which goes back to my original point of if you're going to lay on the ice for five minutes, you need to come out of the game.

He was barely touched but that's what goalies do (and Andersen is even worse) which goes back to my original point of if you're going to lay on the ice for five minutes, you need to come out of the game.
Not sure if you are watching the same game. He got his helmet mashed into his head, that was what the issue was. Tavares came down on his helmet with his full weight. Took him a few mins to shake it off. If you think Tuukka was milking that you’re outta your mind 

I remember when Bruins fans taunted Steven Stamkos after he took that shot to the face in Game 7 of the ECF back in 2011. Clearly was milking it, since he came back into the game.

Not sure if you are watching the same game. He got his helmet mashed into his head, that was what the issue was. Tavares came down on his helmet with his full weight. Took him a few mins to shake it off. If you think Tuukka was milking that you’re outta your mind 
Ok, so get him out of the game then. Where are the concussion spotters.

You can't have it both ways. 

Ok, so get him out of the game then. Where are the concussion spotters.

You can't have it both ways. 
Bro, not a concussion. Helmet smashed into head. Imagine wearing a helmet and someone laying on top of it. It hurts and pinches your skin, might take a few minutes to shake it off. There’s no “both ways”. 

Bro, not a concussion. Helmet smashed into head. Imagine wearing a helmet and someone laying on top of it. It hurts and pinches your skin, might take a few minutes to shake it off. There’s no “both ways”. 

You do realize it's possible to be momentarily dazed and still not have concussion symptoms?
Ok :shrug:

i think if you're down for five minutes with a head Injury it's prudent to take him out and go through the protocol. 

Wow.  That is some bull####.  Dude took three wild whacks at Holtby.  Nowhere near the puck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok :shrug:

i think if you're down for five minutes with a head Injury it's prudent to take him out and go through the protocol. 
There’s lots of head injuries that aren’t concussion related. Are you normally this dense? What if he got poked in the eye, is that subject to concussion protocol? 

The Bruins look awful tonight. Oof. You could excuse it if it was a time change or something, but this is just bad.

Users who are viewing this thread