What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 NHL Playoff Thread: , Let’s shut this one down. Rangers making moves and draft on Friday. Bring it to offseason thread bromigos (1 Viewer)

Ratings update:

Viewership for @BlueJacketsNHL @NHLBruins Gm5 (4.618 million) was up 7% vs last year’s Pit-Was Gm5 (4.318 mil). Columbus delivered a 15.2 local rating for Gm5, NBC Sports’ highest rating on record for an NHL game in the market. Boston scored a 15.1 rating

Yeah nothing reeks of despair like having Connor McDavid to build around
Depths of despair in terms of the fans. Both McDavid and Draisaitl were among the top scorers in the NHL and they didn't even sniff a playoff spot. 

I would have liked to see some new blood brought in as GM (Hunter, Burke,etc.), but Nicholson went with who he knows and chose Holland. Holland supposedly has full power to keep/fire whoever he wants, so hopefully some of the dead wood gets shown the door.

The_Man's eloquent dispatching from Baltimore can't make up for the fact that Washington is not and never will be a hockey town. It's a Redskins town, through and through. It's also a transient city, which means people's allegiances often lie in other areas, with other teams. Pittsburgh almost lost their team if Lemieux didn't buy it and get a new arena and a shiny new Crosby. Despite the greatness of the players in question, local support is a lot different than the passion reflected by the few.

That would be my take. 

Columbus is a huge metro area that has a passion for its newfound success. Boston is just a sports mecca. No surprise with its youth and amateur feeder programs -- not to mention Massachusetts (and New England's) collegiate hockey successes -- that the professional team in New England both draws well and has ratings. 

The_Man's eloquent dispatching from Baltimore can't make up for the fact that Washington is not and never will be a hockey town. It's a Redskins town, through and through. It's also a transient city, which means people's allegiances often lie in other areas, with other teams. Pittsburgh almost lost their team if Lemieux didn't buy it and get a new arena and a shiny new Crosby. Despite the greatness of the players in question, local support is a lot different than the passion reflected by the few.
https://pittsburghhockeynow.com/penguins-tv-ratings-pittsburgh-rated-top-nhl-viewing-market/

NBC Sports announced on Monday that the Pittsburgh market, served by WPXI-TV and NBC Sports Network, led all local NHL markets with a combined 1.30 household rating for the season.

Pittsburgh also led all markets with a 3.55 rating on NBC broadcasts. Pittsburgh slightly trailed Buffalo on ratings for NBCSN broadcasts, 1.08 to 1.02.

Buffalo was the No. 2 overall market in the nation, followed by Las Vegas, St. Louis, Minneapolis, Tampa, Providence, Chicago, Nashville, Boston, and Washington.

Boston is a big market, and Providence always has high tv ratings as well. Still, Columbus is the 32nd largest tv market in the US. Not exactly a metropolis and they have 1 NHL playoff series win in franchise history (that was a week ago).

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from Zion last night and flew out of Vegas.  Stopped at a bar down the street from the Knights arena while killing a little time before my flight, and they are still salty.  Signs outside said "Refs: 1, VGK: 0" and "NFL refs: Worst call ever, NHL refs: Hold my beer."  :lmao:

I was wearing a Sharks hat and had some fun moments, but my favorite was at the airport.  I had my hat in the tray to pass through the metal detector when the TSA agent goes "Whose tray is this?"  I told him it was mine not even thinking anything of it, and he says "I'm going to need you to come with me"  So I get out of line and he takes me to a side area where I am starting to freak out a little bit.  He then says "Sorry, but we can't let you into the terminal"  I was genuinely confused and asked him WTF was going on, and he proceeded to put my hat back on my head laughing.  We shared a laugh, chatted for a minute and he sent me on my way.  It was probably a total breach of protocol, but funny regardless.

No goal was the obvious call there. He got shoved, stopped, then continued on into Bob on his own power.

Should not have been a goal. Oh well. I'm hoping that any Columbus interference is called, as it should be. I hope the net isn't considered in play tonight. 

I know I'm acting like an old guy, but I've only seen 1 legit penalty so far, the tripping call.

DeBrusk and Kuraly having solid games. Coyle's line looking suspect. Pastrnak doesn't look strong with the puck or in general. 

Ya, because the series up until then had gone the Bruins way. That said, they'd better win tonight because McAvoy might not be around for Game Seven. 
While I think it should have been 5, I don’t see a suspension. No history, and for the same reason the refs gave him 2 the league will let it be 

While I think it should have been 5, I don’t see a suspension. No history, and for the same reason the refs gave him 2 the league will let it be 
That'll be a hell of a decision, actually, should it happen to go Seven.

1:40 PP time to kill to start. Nordstrom and Kuraly or Marchand and Bergeron get the call?

No Acciari tonight on the PK. 

Up here they showed a replay of doughty last year who got a game for a similar hit.

I'd be surprised if he's playing the next bruin game.

Users who are viewing this thread