What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 NHL Playoff Thread: , Let’s shut this one down. Rangers making moves and draft on Friday. Bring it to offseason thread bromigos (3 Viewers)

Well at least the Avalanche righted the ship - stayed in this and played like they should be there in a game 7 - a lazy play/bad call difference  - and I have a feeling they will be back with a great lineup coming in the future. I'm not happy but satisfied with the effort.

Well at least the Avalanche righted the ship - stayed in this and played like they should be there in a game 7 - a lazy play/bad call difference  - and I have a feeling they will be back with a great lineup coming in the future. I'm not happy but satisfied with the effort.
Pretty fine effort. Glad you guys didn’t get a top two pick. 😉

You hate to be happy with “exceeding the expectations”, but this team did this beyond belief. 

The future is bright. The experience this young Avs team got is priceless. 

Good job Sharks!! 

apparently they don’t have a better view.  we’re a couple hours removed and in the highlight package they are zooming in on that footage where Landeskog is standing right on the line from a mile away.  

effing replay crowd :lmao:

#### the refs.

I'll be cheering for the blues.

In a 7 game series you usually see things get chippy/dirty.  With the exception of calls by the refs, i didn't see that.  Kudos to both teams on an excellent series.

Oh, and #### you Toronto for screwing us out of the #1 pick.  Twice.

NHL Records after Jan 1

Pretty easy to see why CAR and STL are in Final 4.    TOR and WINN would not make the playoffs from these standings.

TB 31 9 2 64

BOS 27 10 5 59

MONT 23 16 3 49

TOR 20 17 6 46 .  :excited:

FLA 19 17 8 46

DET 17 21 3 37

OTT 14 26 2 30

BUFF 12 26 4 28  :bag:
-----------------------------------------------------

CAR 30 12 2 62 .  :pickle:

NYI 27 14 3 57

WASH 24 15 5 53

PITT 23 14 6 52

CLBS 24 18 1 49

PHIL 22 18 3 47

NYR 15 22 7 37

NJ 16 25 3 35

STL 30 10 5 65 .  :towelwave:

NASH 23 14 4 50

DALL 23 16 3 49

CHI 21 13 6 48

WINN 22 18 3 47  :bag:

COL 19 17 6 44

MINN 19 19 6 44
------------------------------------------------------

CAL 26 13 3 55

SJ 25 14 2 52

ARZ 22 15 6 50

VEGAS 19 17 3  41  :bag:

EDM 17 20 6 40

VAN 16 17 7 39

LA 15 20 6 36

ANA 16 22 3 35  :bag:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yet Toronto outplayed the Bruins, in my estimation. Just no luck. I think NV would back this with advanced 5v5, though special teams are certainly a huge part of the game. 

Just an eye test on my end. Never scared of Lumbus, always of Toronto. 

I missed that Iowa had both Greenway and Donato in the lineup tonight.

I mean, how? Wasn't Donato getting top-six minutes with the big club after the trade?
Kunin too.

they were all sent down at the deadline to be eligible for this.  good development experience playing in Calder cup playoffs.

edit- actually I think it was before the trade so Donato was already eligible but Kunin and Greenway were sent down specifically for eligibility.

tough break for the Blues that they have to win this series in 6.  because there is no way you can win a game 7 in San Jose, the league won't allow it.  would be interesting to see what they come up with this time.  a quick whistle in OT would be fun.  or maybe a scoreboard malfunction of some sort.  either way it will be super exciting.

tough break for the Blues that they have to win this series in 6.  because there is no way you can win a game 7 in San Jose, the league won't allow it.  would be interesting to see what they come up with this time.  a quick whistle in OT would be fun.  or maybe a scoreboard malfunction of some sort.  either way it will be super exciting.
3-2 game in the final minute, Tarasenko has a wide-open net for the tying goal when an earthquake (a small one) hits and cracks the ice, sending the puck wide.

NHL Records after Jan 1

Pretty easy to see why CAR and STL are in Final 4.    TOR and WINN would not make the playoffs from these standings.

STL 30 10 5 65 .  :towelwave:

NASH 23 14 4 50

DALL 23 16 3 49

CHI 21 13 6 48

WINN 22 18 3 47  :bag:

COL 19 17 6 44

MINN 19 19 6 44
------------------------------------------------------

CAL 26 13 3 55

SJ 25 14 2 52

ARZ 22 15 6 50

VEGAS 19 17 3  41  :bag:

EDM 17 20 6 40

VAN 16 17 7 39

LA 15 20 6 36

ANA 16 22 3 35  :bag:
Looks like 'Peg would have been WC2.

3-2 game in the final minute, Tarasenko has a wide-open net for the tying goal when an earthquake (a small one) hits and cracks the ice, sending the puck wide.
would be even more exciting if the earthquake caused the puck to go in but the Sharks challenge and it turns out the earthquake was a centimeter offsides with an enhanced view from the hubble telescope

expected goals for percentage adjusted for score and venue for the remaining teams

Carolina 64.99% (11 games)

Boston 56.05% (13 games)

St. Louis 55.73% (13 games)

San Jose 46.84% (14 games)

Insein said:
Would Carolina vs San Jose be the least watched professional championship series ever?
Doesn't matter as long as the games are good.  How many viewers watched that POS Super Bowl?  Billion?  Didn't help the product.  Sorry the most watched teams didn't get here.  But we will have this conversation again like in 2003, 2006, now if the Canes/other small market teams make the final in the future.

Dickie Dunn said:
I can't imagine it would be worse than Carolina vs. Edmonton on OLN in 2006.
I think a few games were shown on NBC, like 2.  They didn't waste time getting off the air when Canes started handing off the cup.  Think it cut off after 10 players.

Doesn't matter as long as the games are good.  How many viewers watched that POS Super Bowl?  Billion?  Didn't help the product.  Sorry the most watched teams didn't get here.  But we will have this conversation again like in 2003, 2006, now if the Canes/other small market teams make the final in the future.
2003 was New Jersey vs Anaheim. I think those are pretty huge tv markets.

Users who are viewing this thread