What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 NHL Playoff Thread: , Let’s shut this one down. Rangers making moves and draft on Friday. Bring it to offseason thread bromigos (1 Viewer)

Columbus players just look like they have a little more pep. And this was when it was 3-1. Not now that its over. 

Is it time to take a serious look at Cooper here?  I know it's a long way from over, but as a Tampa fan this is starting to look like a Dungy situation. 

And the Pens down 0-2 to the juggernaut islanders. Doesn't say much for Pittsburgh but how did the islanders make the playoffs.  Pathetic performance by the pens, and this is probably the window closing for good. I would say no business losing a series to that team, but pens just aren't that good so, it is what it is.

And the Pens down 0-2 to the juggernaut islanders. Doesn't say much for Pittsburgh but how did the islanders make the playoffs.  Pathetic performance by the pens, and this is probably the window closing for good. I would say no business losing a series to that team, but pens just aren't that good so, it is what it is.
What are you drinking tonight?

Wings fans have seen this bolts act before. 

Bolts obviously not done, and the Caps were in this spot a year ago, but that’s gotta he frustrating. 

Meanwhile Pens are getting old.  Even if they beat Isles they are going golfing in May. 

Just a joke about how invisible he seemed

TB 0-2

Pitt 0-2

If the Caps go up 2-0 tomorrow I’m going to lose my mind 
It's like you forgot everything you learned between the rise of mammals and the end of last season.  Shhhh.

Last edited by a moderator:
JR made no significant moves with the Pens, says alot.  Canes are toast.  Just look at my bracket with NV.  Jackets went all in.  Maybe it pays off.

It was after the lockout.  But Canes were 2nd in the east.  They played Buf, in ECF, but I don't think they were first.

But West conference finals was 7 v 8 I think with 8 bring Edmonton.  Any thing is possible in the NHL.  I remember both Buffalo and Edmonton being destroyed on D by injuries that year.

I need somebody way smarter to me to explain why down 3-0 in the third, you have your grinder checking line in there for an offensive zone faceoff. I get it if you are protecting a lead but it just makes no sense otherwise. Coop did that twice tonight and in game 1 too. Baffling. 

Good for the Jackets either way. Going all in like that took huge balls. In a world where most teams in most sports are terrified of making a big move and half are trying not to win, I'd love to see them make a deep run all the way in to round two and get defeated by Toronto.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wings fans have seen this bolts act before. 

Bolts obviously not done, and the Caps were in this spot a year ago, but that’s gotta he frustrating. 

Meanwhile Pens are getting old.  Even if they beat Isles they are going golfing in May. 
While I don't share the same sentiment of Irish Eyes, I agree that they weren't going to make much noise anyways.  No matter what happens from this point on, this is the one professional Pittsburgh sports team that I just can't get upset with.  

I need somebody way smarter to me to explain why down 3-0 in the third, you have your grinder checking line in there for an offensive zone faceoff. I get it if you are protecting a lead but it just makes no sense otherwise. Coop did that twice tonight and in game 1 too. Baffling. 
This sounds dumb, but they just have to play like them.

While I don't share the same sentiment of Irish Eyes, I agree that they weren't going to make much noise anyways.  No matter what happens from this point on, this is the one professional Pittsburgh sports team that I just can't get upset with.  
If JR sees a cup winner in Pitt, he is going all in, he didn't.

If JR sees a cup winner in Pitt, he is going all in, he didn't.
The Pens have won 5 cups since I've been old enough to enjoy hockey.  The Steelers have had a lot of success but they're quickly becoming the laughing stock of the league.  The Pirates recently made what may go down as one of the historically worst trades ever and likely have no shot of ever winning a World Series in my lifetime.  That's where I'm coming from.

The Pens have won 5 cups since I've been old enough to enjoy hockey.  The Steelers have had a lot of success but they're quickly becoming the laughing stock of the league.  The Pirates recently made what may go down as one of the historically worst trades ever and likely have no shot of ever winning a World Series in my lifetime.  That's where I'm coming from.
Ok, only difference is I moved from Pitt in 1995, became a Hurricanes STH in 2002, and picked a side.  Canes.  I love my Steelers and hate the Pens.  When in comes to the Pirates, I will leave you with my Dad said, he died in 2014.  After 20 plus years they make the playoffs..  Dad was, F them, they put a crappy team up there for years and stole money, I hope they lose.  Go dad.

Ok, only difference is I moved from Pitt in 1995, became a Hurricanes STH in 2002, and picked a side.  Canes.  I love my Steelers and hate the Pens.  When in comes to the Pirates, I will leave you with my Dad said, he died in 2014.  After 20 plus years they make the playoffs..  Dad was, F them, they put a crappy team up there for years and stole money, I hope they lose.  Go dad.
If 20+ years is the qualifier I have to disown every Toronto team :(

Users who are viewing this thread