What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 NHL Playoff Thread: , Let’s shut this one down. Rangers making moves and draft on Friday. Bring it to offseason thread bromigos (1 Viewer)

I watched most of it at 10,000 feet on JetBlue tv

jetblue tv is not very good.... felt like I went 20 years backward in tv technology 

The Blues stopped playing physical in game 3. Game 2 and 4 they banged the B's hard. When they gave up the shortie, they stopped hitting for a few minutes. I thought the game was over and I was pissed. The Blues have to hit relentlessly to slow these guys down. That's the only way they can win. That means the 4th line has to crush the B's top line any and every chance they get. If they come out banging in game 5,  and  keep it up for 60 minutes, they have a chance of winning this best of 3. If they come out soft like games 1 and 3, this series is over. 

The Blues stopped playing physical in game 3. Game 2 and 4 they banged the B's hard. When they gave up the shortie, they stopped hitting for a few minutes. I thought the game was over and I was pissed. The Blues have to hit relentlessly to slow these guys down. That's the only way they can win. That means the 4th line has to crush the B's top line any and every chance they get. If they come out banging in game 5,  and  keep it up for 60 minutes, they have a chance of winning this best of 3. If they come out soft like games 1 and 3, this series is over. 
Heard a stat from Bernie on 101.1 this morning.  The Bruins top line only had 4 shots the entire game.  Pretty damn impressive by our 4th line.

And Glenn gets to sing one final time for game 6.

Heard a stat from Bernie on 101.1 this morning.  The Bruins top line only had 4 shots the entire game.  Pretty damn impressive by our 4th line.

I think I heard last night they only had 1 shot on goal after the Blues took the lead with over 10 minutes left in the 3rd. 

Heard the exact same quote this morning. Sundquist is definitely a beast. 

I was disappointed to see Fabbri out of the line up. He has earned a roster spot. He's like the Tasmanian Devil out there.

I think I heard last night they only had 1 shot on goal after the Blues took the lead with over 10 minutes left in the 3rd. 
And I'm pretty sure the Bruins had no shots on goal for one of those late power plays. Compared to the previous game that's the exact opposite of how the PK went. 

Will be interesting to see how Cassidy adjusts to (potentially) not having Chara or Grzelcyk for Game 5.

There has been some talk of potentially going 11F/7D with Kampfer and someone like Vaakanainen, Lauzon or Zboril coming in. Having Backes out there for 8:00 on the second line is not helping things.

The Blues have played exactly the way they needed to win Games 2 and 4, but the Bruins being down to 5 D for the vast majority of both games certainly played a role, as well.

The series price came down quite a bit with the L last night. 

Curtently:

Bs: -157

Blues: +130

(basically same price as game 5)

Will be interesting to see how Cassidy adjusts to (potentially) not having Chara or Grzelcyk for Game 5.

There has been some talk of potentially going 11F/7D with Kampfer and someone like Vaakanainen, Lauzon or Zboril coming in. Having Backes out there for 8:00 on the second line is not helping things.

The Blues have played exactly the way they needed to win Games 2 and 4, but the Bruins being down to 5 D for the vast majority of both games certainly played a role, as well.
Big Z is playing

Dickie Dunn said:

Chara has a broken jaw. Out for the series. I hate to see that happen. As much as I want to win the Cup, I don't want to do it because of fluke injuries. 

Call me crazy - I know many will - but I think the Bs are better off without Chara. Not having Grz at the same time, however, maybe changes things, but if he comes back I think they are a better team. 

They're not better off without two of their top six defensemen and their captain. Just not. 
Exactly. And one of the most imposing players in the league. Watch the banging that has gone on by the Blues the first 4 games. Chara didn't get hit much. They went after the little defensemen, not Chara. It's not a good idea to hip check a shaved wookie. 

Meh, fluke injuries happen to everyone.  It doesn't diminish the accomplishment at all.
I'd still take the Cup all day long. But say if something happened to Rask? That and Chara out would certainly diminish things in my eyes. Chara is not just a huge force on D, he's also the captain. It's got to be torture for him to have to watch these last three games. I feel for the guy. 

Exactly. And one of the most imposing players in the league. Watch the banging that has gone on by the Blues the first 4 games. Chara didn't get hit much. They went after the little defensemen, not Chara. It's not a good idea to hip check a shaved wookie. 
Yep. They've been laying lumber on Krug and McAvoy both, not so much on Chara. It will be interesting to see how the Bruins respond to this. The interesting point Dickie Dunn made about going with eleven forwards might indeed come into play, but I think Backes needs to be out there and getting time. I'm just not sure who else you sit. 

I think Grzelcyk plays Game 5. Just a hunch.

He did skate today non-contact, but those who were there said there weren't a lot of other limitations to what he was doing.

There seems to be more smoke around the idea that both Grzelcyk and Chara will try to go tomorrow.

That being the case, it would become more likely Cassidy would go 11/7 ... a.) as insurance in case one or the other just isn't up to it; and b.) as insurance in case another D goes down during the game.

With Backes being so limited in ice time so far, the other forwards could pick up the slack. Namely Pastrnak.

Oh, and of course, Coyle.

Meh, fluke injuries happen to everyone.  It doesn't diminish the accomplishment at all.
Exactly.   The Stanley Cup playoffs are a war of attrition.  If we go back and peruse through every postseason, you can point to a team that had a key injury that affected their ability to win the Cup. 

Chara on the ice for the morning skate. Apparently mouth wired shut, can’t speak or breathe through mouth.  Unreal

Grcz out there w no restrictions (not wearing the no contact jersey)

i still say say they dress the extra DMan as a hedge 

Chara on the ice for the morning skate. Apparently mouth wired shut, can’t speak or breathe through mouth.  Unreal

Grcz out there w no restrictions (not wearing the no contact jersey)

i still say say they dress the extra DMan as a hedge 
OK, what I am hearing is Gryz is unlikely / don't plan on it, but Chara should be a go

Gryz prob still working through the protocol, with today being the initial contact day

OK, what I am hearing is Gryz is unlikely / don't plan on it, but Chara should be a go

Gryz prob still working through the protocol, with today being the initial contact day
I know hockey players are tough, but it seems like there is no way he can be effective on shift of any significant time if he can't breath through his mouth.

Don't get butt hurt because you didn't run away with the series like you thought you would.  
My butt feels great actually. 

Its been a good series, no matter who wins. I give the Blues plenty of credit (and a little #### at the same time) 

@SWhyno: The ice is NOT good. Guys wiping out all over the place. Vince Dunn couldn't corral puck and launches it over glass. Delay of game penalty. Bruins to power play 6:27 in.

Users who are viewing this thread