What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 NHL Playoff Thread: , Let’s shut this one down. Rangers making moves and draft on Friday. Bring it to offseason thread bromigos (4 Viewers)

even when they review calls, in the NHL or other sports, they still make a lot of mistakes. maybe just get better refs.
I love the NHL and think the way they review calls by sending it to Toronto makes a ton of sense in theory.  The problem is that they get it wrong way more than any other sport.  Year after year there are loads of truly bizarre decisions.

Honestly I don't think I would mind offsides review if they made a couple of tweaks:

1. If it was called onside live, a skate off the ice but above the line does not make it off on review (like a football goal line "plane").

2. Some limit as to how far back they can go.  30 seconds?  3 passes of the puck?  If the puck goes below the goal line and then back above it, no review?  Any of the three prevent a review?  Something like that.

Honestly I don't think I would mind offsides review if they made a couple of tweaks:

1. If it was called onside live, a skate off the ice but above the line does not make it off on review (like a football goal line "plane").

2. Some limit as to how far back they can go.  30 seconds?  3 passes of the puck?  If the puck goes below the goal line and then back above it, no review?  Any of the three prevent a review?  Something like that.
These sound like a really good idea....

if the goal is to somehow make it worse 

even when they review calls, in the NHL or other sports, they still make a lot of mistakes. maybe just get better refs.
Erik Cole was on local radio today and said the ref stink.  I guess Corvo flew in last night and they watched the game and we going nuts about the bad call last night and all playoffs, he basically said where the F is Wes McCauley.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure how to fix the offside rule other than to make it non-reviewable or reviewable up until the point of it happening. I'm not sure you can really put a limit on a theoretical stop to play. That sounds way too hard. It's a "but for" challenge, meaning that "but for" a non-stoppage, nothing would have theoretically happened since that moment.

Just tough all around. The old way might have been better, though the rule about challenging costing a penalty seemed to really deter the ubiquity of the offside challenge, at least in my viewing. 

Guessing Pastrnak will get another talking to between periods to shoot the biscuit  

I'm not a fan of SJ or STL.  I guess I go Bruins, I love their team, half their fans.  I guess the other half can enjoy themselves to Brady or GoodWillHunting tonight.  I like them apples!  Aaaaaahhhhh.  ; )

It’s been an interesting run for the Bs

toronto gave them all they could handle, and if not for Tuukka they lose. That is an excellent team 

then you get a totally different team in CBJ, less talent but tons of discipline and size. Bs were the better team but that’s a heavyweight match that goes the 12 rounds. 

Then you get the Canes which has one player that worries me and complete amateur hour in goal. It’s almost like the Bs are going through the playoffs in rewind 

It’s been an interesting run for the Bs

toronto gave them all they could handle, and if not for Tuukka they lose. That is an excellent team 

then you get a totally different team in CBJ, less talent but tons of discipline and size. Bs were the better team but that’s a heavyweight match that goes the 12 rounds. 

Then you get the Canes which has one player that worries me and complete amateur hour in goal. It’s almost like the Bs are going through the playoffs in rewind 
But goal wasn't the Canes issue overall.  It was all Rask, PP and PK.  Plus the 4th line.  Nordstom was a Cane last few years.  They let him go.

Users who are viewing this thread