What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 NHL Playoff Thread: , Let’s shut this one down. Rangers making moves and draft on Friday. Bring it to offseason thread bromigos (2 Viewers)

Finland, just gritty.  star power never matters for them, always put together a team.  Nylander with an unreal tournament, third all time in the tourney points per game at 1.8.  highlight reel stuff too.

the best team they've ever sent over. 
When I saw their lineup I thought "yikes. I wouldn't want to play them".  Canada's lineup OTOH looks pretty week to me yet they've somehow managed to get by. Turris must be some captain.  (from the little I've watched looks like Stone is the true leader of this team)

Brown's hit on Sedin at the bench woke up the Kings and made them believe.  That playoff stretch may have been the best hockey I have ever watched over a prolonged stretch.  Going up 3-0 in every single series for the entire playoffs was crazy coming out of the 8th seed and left no doubt in any series.  They dominated the playoffs. There were games where the forecheck was so strong the other team couldn't even get out of their own end to pull the goalie as the game wound down.  Just incredible to watch.
I went to Game 2 of the 2nd round series (Blues/Kings) in 2012 and it was a mismatch quickly. I think the Blues lost Game 1 2-1 in a game we could have won, but we got it handed to us in Game 2.  I remember me and my cousin watching the carnage live and saying how incredible the Kings looked.  That was one helluva run they had that postseason. 

I have one of those Jersey/shirts deals. Ovie. Cut the sleeves off for the summer. Think that would be the better route for you than that link. 

Lol, I wasnt getting one of those. I might have when I was in high school. 

I might get the ducks retro one for my son though. 

I went to Game 2 of the 2nd round series (Blues/Kings) in 2012 and it was a mismatch quickly. I think the Blues lost Game 1 2-1 in a game we could have won, but we got it handed to us in Game 2.  I remember me and my cousin watching the carnage live and saying how incredible the Kings looked.  That was one helluva run they had that postseason. 
I was at game 4 vs the Blues that year and when the Kings completed the sweep.  On the Brown empty net goal to seal the game that place was the loudest I had ever heard it (until a couple games in the 2014 run).  There is nothing like playoff hockey live and I wouldn't trade anything for the games I was lucky enough to go to in both the 2012 (went to one game each series and games 3 & 4 of the finals) and 2014 runs (I was at every home game and game 7 at the Ducks).  Do whatever you can to get to a finals game.  It will be the best sporting event you ever go to - win or lose. 

Enjoy this run.  It's incredible to wait so long (Kings waited 45 years) to finally hoist the cup.  I will be rooting for you guys. 

Chicago Wolves 1 at San Diego Gulls 1 - Status: In Progress (0:00 remaining in OT)

Shots on Goal-Chicago 15-16-5-5-41. San Diego 9-3-9-17-38.

31-12 CHI 1st/2nd .  10/26 SD 3rd/4th

Shamelessly stolen:

If I were to write a movie about a hockey team:

-I'd begin with a team that has never won Stanley Cup  and hasn't been to the finals in nearly 50 years.
-I'd put that team in last place in the NHL halfway through the season.
-I'd fire the coach and bring in a guy that very few people know.
-I'd promote a rookie goalie... who would miraculously get hot... and lead the team to the playoffs.
-I'd have one playoff series go to 7 games and win it in double-overtime.
-I'd have the refs steal another game in overtime (by an obvious penalty that wasn't called.)
-After that "hand pass", I'd have my team outscore the competition 12-2.
-I'd have one of the hottest Hollywood stars as their biggest fan and even talk about the team on Jimmy Kimmel.
-I'd also write a story line about how the other professional sports team in town  (who everyone loves) starts showing up at games to cheer.
-During one playoff game, I'd write in a tornado that cancelled the baseball game so the entire city could focus on the clinching game of the Western Conference Finals.
-Then I'd have them play the team that beat them 49 years ago, from Boston no less.
-And just for kicks, I'd include a little girl battling cancer who is befriended by the team.  She would survive and go on to be at the playoff games.

But who would believe all that?
It’s storylines like this that bring the titanic back to the surface and make the mortals among us realize the Bruins have no chance. 

wilked said:
Holy ####, they sold the Garden our for a practice? 
Let’s be honest, there wasn’t #### else to do that night in Boston. Pretty sure that’s karaoke night in the west end and nobody likes karaoke. 

No moment of silence for Bill Buckner, huh.

If they lose, it's the Curse of Bucknah.

Next thing you know Gisele leaves Tommy and the wheels are off the wagon 

JaxBill said:
HAHAHAHA

NHL marketing at it again

@SWhyno: AP NewsBreak: "Old Town Road" singer Lil Nas X and country artist Chase Rice will perform before #StanleyCup Final Game 1 in Boston on Monday: http://bit.ly/2HULIMW
BTW - this sucked so bad. How does this guy even have a job in the music industry?

Users who are viewing this thread