Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
supermike80

Why are President Trump's Tax Returns Important?

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, stlrams said:

Please provide proof that trump has done something illegal on his taxes..

They can’t provide all the evidence if the President refuses to hand over documents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AAABatteries said:

Because I know you are a good dude and care about the new horrible things this guy has brought to our country.  He’s different and everybody knows it.  Just because he also does the horrible things previous politicians did/do doesn’t make any of this normal.  

Biden, crime bill.....crazy horrible.  He led that.  Harris, fighting against innocent people she convicted after she knew they were innocent.  

You are right, I'm a good dude.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Golf Guy 69 said:

Really, people.  Not a Trump fan but do u think Soros, Gates,  Buffett, don't take every loophole possible to pay less?  

Along with any other person of that ilk?

I use the mega backdoor Roth to invest any extra income I have avoiding any future Capitol gains any time I can. Why let the 1% have all the fun. 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tonydead said:

I use the mega backdoor Roth to invest any extra income I have avoiding any future Capitol gains any time I can. Why let the 1% have all the fun. 

No doubt 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, stlrams said:

Disagree.  I’m drawing a comparison that lots of American based companies especially the largest most successful don’t pay any federal taxes thus why should it matter trump corporate doesn’t pay either. 

Because Amazon isn't president?  Also, because publicly traded companies books are out there in the open.  It's no secret how they shelter taxes - we are just now learning how the Trump org works.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Golf Guy 69 said:

Biden, crime bill.....crazy horrible.  He led that.  Harris, fighting against innocent people she convicted after she knew they were innocent.  

Yep - not buying what you are selling.  And I’ve been pretty jaded about politicians and the two parties for years.  IMO, this guy is different and a bad dude - he needs to be gone.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Juxtatarot said:

They can’t provide all the evidence if the President refuses to hand over documents.

So there’s no proof then, correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tonydead said:

I use the mega backdoor Roth to invest any extra income I have avoiding any future Capitol gains any time I can. Why let the 1% have all the fun. 

Nice!  Do you also own an investment property you maintain for personal property?  Do you pay your adult children (who are employees of your company) 20% consulting fees?  Do you deduct $70k for haircuts?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And the reason his taxes are important and people care is apparently there’s still undecideds.  I find that amazing but I’m told it’s real.  If this convinces them then good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stlrams said:

So there’s no proof then, correct?

Pretty sure the IRS has proof.

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AAABatteries said:

Yep - not buying what you are selling.  And I’ve been pretty jaded about politicians and the two parties for years.  IMO, this guy is different and a bad dude - he needs to be gone.  

how many wars has he started?  Will Biden start wars.  I understand you don't buy what I sell.  You know what I sold in the post above?  It is truth.  If you are not interested in truth, then you are delusional. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Golf Guy 69 said:

how many wars has he started?  Will Biden start wars.  I understand you don't buy what I sell.  You know what I sold in the post above?  It is truth.  If you are not interested in truth, then you are delusional. 

Time to bow out - enjoy your drinks!

ETA - to be clear, time for me to bow out

Edited by AAABatteries

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, moleculo said:

Nice!  Do you also own an investment property you maintain for personal property?  Do you pay your adult children (who are employees of your company) 20% consulting fees?  Do you deduct $70k for haircuts?

Yes.

No.

You'd shiver at the things a company can claim as legit deductions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, AAABatteries said:

Even if I were being charitable and said all of this was above board - how could someone not be outraged by how the 1% screw over the rest of us and they are enabled by our tax laws and politicians?

It’s gross, and inexcusable. But some people think gaming the system reflects intelligence, and one’s moral compass should only be guided by financial gain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, moleculo said:

Because Amazon isn't president?  Also, because publicly traded companies books are out there in the open.  It's no secret how they shelter taxes - we are just now learning how the Trump org works.

My point is many/ most American companies pay little or no federal taxes so you expect someone who is president to pay more then he is legally should? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I voted with HRC last time with great regret.  I honestly will never consider voting either.   But if you put a gun to my head, its Trump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, stlrams said:

So there’s no proof then, correct?

No, but it’s certainly understandable why people would want to analyze more information about all of this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, moleculo said:

Pretty sure the IRS has proof.

Please provide

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AAABatteries said:

Time to bow out - enjoy your drinks!

ETA - to be clear, time for me to bow out

yes, the drink and personal attack might take away a truth you don't like.  You are a shell of a person.  Think for yourself sometime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Golf Guy 69 said:

I voted with HRC last time with great regret.  I honestly will never consider voting either.   But if you put a gun to my head, its Trump.

Good thing nobody’s putting a gun to your head.

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stlrams said:

My point is many/ most American companies pay little or no federal taxes so you expect someone who is president to pay more then he is legally should? 

I expect them to provide their financial background so we can know if our president is a crook.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stlrams said:

Please provide

No.  I'm not the IRS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Golf Guy 69 said:

yes, the drink and personal attack might take away a truth you don't like.  You are a shell of a person.  Think for yourself sometime.

This insult was uncalled for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Juxtatarot said:

No, but it’s certainly understandable why people would want to analyze more information about all of this.

I agree. In today’s highly politicized environment and timing is everything why anyone would accept this piece without proof is just ridiculous.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Juxtatarot said:

Good thing nobody’s putting a gun to your head.

I have to vote locally or wouldn't show up at the polls at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, AAABatteries said:

Even if I were being charitable and said all of this was above board - how could someone not be outraged by how the 1% screw over the rest of us and they are enabled by our tax laws and politicians?

That would imply the 1% is buying the politicians to make those laws. Biden has been a law maker for 45 years.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, moleculo said:

This insult was uncalled for.

I agree 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, McBokonon said:

Dems should ignore the various explanations Trump and his sycophants will provide (just using tax loopholes, etc) and consistently hammer home that the best case scenario that these returns show, other than conning people like he does 40% of the electorate, is that he is a complete and total incompetent failure at almost everything he does.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, moleculo said:

This insult was uncalled for.

I used facts, he personally attacked me, and I responded.  These are the facts.  You go at me, joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tonydead said:

That would imply the 1% is buying the politicians to make those laws. Biden has been a law maker for 45 years.   

DJT literally campaigned on fixing those loopholes.  He had both the House and Senate for 2 years.  Instead of fixing it, he cut taxes for the wealthy! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, moleculo said:

This insult was uncalled for.

I’m not sure what insult Cav thinks I made but I already said I was bowing out of the conversation with him.  I think he’s a good dude and I don’t take his comment personally.  If he actually knew me he would know how misguided it is - I actually voted for Bernie in the last election so I have him beat!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

I’m not sure what insult Cav thinks I made but I already said I was bowing out of the conversation with him.  I think he’s a good dude and I don’t take his comment personally.  If he actually knew me he would know how misguided it is - I actually voted for Bernie in the last election so I have him beat!  

You know, quit it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, moleculo said:

DJT literally campaigned on fixing those loopholes.  He had both the House and Senate for 2 years.  Instead of fixing it, he cut taxes for the wealthy! 

Yea. And Biden didn't force Trump to pay his daughter as a consultant while she was also an executive in his company 20% consulting fees as a write off.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, tonydead said:

That would imply the 1% is buying the politicians to make those laws. Biden has been a law maker for 45 years.   

Yet Biden paid 3.7 million dollars in federal income tax in 2017

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, moleculo said:

DJT literally campaigned on fixing those loopholes.  He had both the House and Senate for 2 years.  Instead of fixing it, he cut taxes for the wealthy! 

Disagree. Tax reform helped both me and the company I work for. 

But I like some of the loop holes that have been there for decades too. 

Thanks Trump. Thanks Biden. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Golf Guy 69 said:

You know, quit it.

Because I told you to enjoy your drinks?  If so, then I apologize but that is kind of a running joke around here.  I have no beef with you and your comment was over the line but again, I don’t take it personally. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheMagus said:

Yea. And Biden didn't force Trump to pay his daughter as a consultant while she was also an executive in his company 20% consulting fees as a write off.  

That is the one thing the articles points out that might not have been above board.  Glad we're picking up on that. He might get fined for that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, stlrams said:

Disagree.  I’m drawing a comparison that lots of American based companies especially the largest most successful don’t pay any federal taxes thus why should it matter trump corporate doesn’t pay either. 

Because he's a US citizen and US citizens should pay taxes on their income.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are all inundated with Ads

 

All total bs.  

A woman talking about how this is the best economy for small business.  

Another where Biden won't stop the riots that are happening under Trump.

Such a joke.  

 

Biden talking about Healthcare.

He will take care of you like he takes care of his family.  The government takes care of his family.

Kamala for justice.....she has no moral compass.  

Edited by Golf Guy 69

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep - back to the point I made much earlier - I’m much more “outraged” by the idea that this 1%’er doesn’t pay taxes than any of the other stuff (assuming there’s not more to the story we don’t know yet).

Edited by AAABatteries

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, stlrams said:

My point is many/ most American companies pay little or no federal taxes so you expect someone who is president to pay more then he is legally should? 

That's not true at all.  Giant multi-nationals might pay little in federal corporate income taxes, but there are plenty of American companies that pay lots in corporate taxes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dawgtrails said:

Yet Biden paid 3.7 million dollars in federal income tax in 2017

Can you compare how much each paid in property taxes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

Because I told you to enjoy your drinks?  If so, then I apologize but that is kind of a running joke around here.  I have no beef with you and your comment was over the line but again, I don’t take it personally. 

Ok, man.  Well done.  You are internet savvy enough to pretend you playing.  But we both know, so..  nice try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Can you compare how much each paid in property taxes?

lolol

No, why would I want to do that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Golf Guy 69 said:

Ok, man.  Well done.  You are internet savvy enough to pretend you playing.  But we both know, so..  nice try.

Cav - I seriously have no clue what you are talking about.  I think just about everyone knows I don’t “play”.  I’m happy to take it to PMs with you because I have no beef with you at all.  But I definitely disagree with you that Trump and Biden are equally bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Z Machine said:

That's not true at all.  Giant multi-nationals might pay little in federal corporate income taxes, but there are plenty of American companies that pay lots in corporate taxes.

Corporate taxes and individual income are two different things.  Even if Trump or Bezos is a majority owner.  The only thing Jeff might pay is Capitol gains. The only thing Donald might pay is property tax. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dawgtrails said:

lolol

No, why would I want to do that?

 

Just now, tonydead said:

Corporate taxes and individual income are two different things.  Even if Trump or Bezos is a majority owner.  The only thing Jeff might pay is Capitol gains. The only thing Donald might pay is property tax. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, dawgtrails said:

Yet Biden paid 3.7 million dollars in federal income tax in 2017

So your point is what? 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Golf Guy 69 said:

Isn't the goal to pay the least taxes possible legally?

Not for most people. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.