What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post your rookie drafts - 2019 (4 Viewers)

Zyphros

Footballguy
Figured I'd start this thread off as we have drafts coming up, I have a few that are basically a month away and then a few more deeper into summer, but for those that do them before the NFL draft let's get some info for the board huh?

Anyways I'm starting by posting the rookie picks that went in my startup so this is very rough for order, but add in Bia's poll's and we might have solid data to go off of.  

N'Keal Harry

AJ Brown

Josh Jacobs

Hakeem Butler

DK Metcalf

David Montgomery

TJ Hockenson

Noah Fant

Darrell Henderson

Miles Sanders

Kelvin Harmon

Damien Harris

Irv Smith Jr.

Marquise Brown

Rodney Anderson

Deebo Samuel

Parris Campbell

Kyler Murray

Devin Singletary

Andy Isabella

JJ Arcega-Whiteside

Alex Barnes

Jalin Moore

Justice Hill

Trayveon Williams

Bryce Love

Myles Boykin

Jace Sternberger

Mike Weber Jr.

Alexander Mattison

Elijah Holyfield

Emmanuel Hall

Preston Williams 

James Williams

Anthony Ratliff-Williams

That was everyone taken in order in a 12 team FFPC high stakes league.  35 total rookies drafted.  

FYI, we start the drafts in the leagues I commish on April 29th.  I'll be posting the results here.  Two dynasty leagues and one dynasty / devy league.

Ilov80s said:
He also had pick 2 and got Harry. Talk about potentially setting up an incredible WR trio for the future. 
Not to mention his 2nd and 3rds, man that guy really knows his stuff :thanks:

Mind boggling value for BadAxe all the way through. Great stuff. I’d absolutely take a shot on Travis Homer at 74th overall and Jordan Scarlett at 75th overall

Seconded, gives me hope im loaded for this draft and was considering selling out into next year picks but i like a lot of this class.
I tried to trade back, trade some for next year, no dice. No one selling 2020 picks, not in this league anyway. There are some savvy owners....and then me. I was contemplating offering up the 1.05 for 2020 1st but decided against it. 

I really wanted to trade back and take montgomery or Henderson, but again, no takers. 

He had a couple decent picks but he could have done better. He'll look back on this draft and be upset a year from now. He didn't get one of my top 3 prospects. 
I wasn’t really targeting RB at all, so I was happy when Jacobs went 1.01. I’ve been up and down on butler, one day I like him the next day I’m unsure because of age and one year production. I shopped the 1.05 but didn’t get any offers I was interested in. 

It may take 2-3 years to realize the return. I’ll also point out that if we all list our top 5 players in this draft it will probably have 15 different players included. 

He had a couple decent picks but he could have done better. He'll look back on this draft and be upset a year from now. He didn't get one of my top 3 prospects. 
Yeah I disagree with your draft rankings pretty extensively, which that's fine. I think he hit on every single pick. 

a year from now I wouldnt expect everyone to break out. 2 or 3 years from now he will look great IMO

I tried to trade back, trade some for next year, no dice. No one selling 2020 picks, not in this league anyway. There are some savvy owners....and then me. I was contemplating offering up the 1.05 for 2020 1st but decided against it. 

I really wanted to trade back and take montgomery or Henderson, but again, no takers. 

I wasn’t really targeting RB at all, so I was happy when Jacobs went 1.01. I’ve been up and down on butler, one day I like him the next day I’m unsure because of age and one year production. I shopped the 1.05 but didn’t get any offers I was interested in. 

It may take 2-3 years to realize the return. I’ll also point out that if we all list our top 5 players in this draft it will probably have 15 different players included. 
I hope you don't take that wrong. I certainly don't mean any disrespect. I love this draft and I love about 6 prospects in this draft. To put that in a little context I hated the rookie draft last year after the real draft so this could all change in a week. You drafted some guys I like ok and if they land right it could work out great for you. It's just if I was drafting today I would have drafted differently on every pick. 

On a side note I bet it was fun having so many picks though!

I hope you don't take that wrong. I certainly don't mean any disrespect. I love this draft and I love about 6 prospects in this draft. To put that in a little context I hated the rookie draft last year after the real draft so this could all change in a week. You drafted some guys I like ok and if they land right it could work out great for you. It's just if I was drafting today I would have drafted differently on every pick. 

On a side note I bet it was fun having so many picks though!
None taken- the guys you like could get terrible landing spots, who knows? I certainly don’t take offense to any of it. I got my top 3 guys at 2/4/5, got 2 of the 3 guys I was targeting in rd 2 (missed deebo), and the top 2 te prospects which to me at the time was just BPA imo. I wasn’t ready to take Hollywood or deebo at 1.11, and I think Hockenson is a top tier te prospect. I took fant after deebo and brown got plucked. 

I really wasn’t targeting rb at all. There are some guys I like alright but I’m just not seeing the job openings/path to production. It may take a year to get rid of a Lamar Miller or Crowell, or be splitting time with a Cohen or a Howard, and who’s to say they aren’t replaced in next years draft by someone better before they get that shot? 

It was fun with all those picks, and I acquired most of them last year, when everyone was so sure that there wasn’t anyone worth drafting from this class. Picks this year are pretty cheap right now imo. 2020 picks are through the roof. 

None taken- the guys you like could get terrible landing spots, who knows? I certainly don’t take offense to any of it. I got my top 3 guys at 2/4/5, got 2 of the 3 guys I was targeting in rd 2 (missed deebo), and the top 2 te prospects which to me at the time was just BPA imo. I wasn’t ready to take Hollywood or deebo at 1.11, and I think Hockenson is a top tier te prospect. I took fant after deebo and brown got plucked. 

I really wasn’t targeting rb at all. There are some guys I like alright but I’m just not seeing the job openings/path to production. It may take a year to get rid of a Lamar Miller or Crowell, or be splitting time with a Cohen or a Howard, and who’s to say they aren’t replaced in next years draft by someone better before they get that shot? 

It was fun with all those picks, and I acquired most of them last year, when everyone was so sure that there wasn’t anyone worth drafting from this class. Picks this year are pretty cheap right now imo. 2020 picks are through the roof. 
Dallas Goedert would be a good example of a prospect I liked last year that landed in a terrible spot. He goes to Dallas instead of Philly and I would have drafted him top 3 last year. Instead i got him in the 3rd round. 

I’ve been in this league 4 or 5 years now, and every draft has basically gone fairly close to how it would post draft- you’ll have some guys like mike Thomas that get drafted later than they should (mecole hardman 4.12?) and some guys who get boned (caroo was like 1.06). This year is ridiculous- the post draft board will look nothing like the pre draft board.
yeah, lots of changes this year.  some of the teams that picked early should be excited about picking early again next year.  

at least its not as bad as jonathan dwyer predraft/post draft bad.  that fool stole a lot of 1.01-1.03 picks, lol

I’ve been in this league 4 or 5 years now, and every draft has basically gone fairly close to how it would post draft- you’ll have some guys like mike Thomas that get drafted later than they should (mecole hardman 4.12?) and some guys who get boned (caroo was like 1.06). This year is ridiculous- the post draft board will look nothing like the pre draft board.
Actually the league you're linking there was WAY closer to post-draft boards than most pre-draft leagues I've seen.  Outside of Hakeem Butler it's actually fairly close.  Close enough that I wondered for a second if someone had just taken Butler at 1.03 in a league that was drafting today.

Actually the league you're linking there was WAY closer to post-draft boards than most pre-draft leagues I've seen.  Outside of Hakeem Butler it's actually fairly close.  Close enough that I wondered for a second if someone had just taken Butler at 1.03 in a league that was drafting today.
Yea it was amazingly close, kudos to the people in that draft for having some great foresight. Felt they did a good job in particular on the RB's.

Users who are viewing this thread