What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2019 Masters Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Wow. That’s nuts. Top of the bucket list for me so I’m gonna go no doubt. 
:goodposting:

It's an amazing experience. I went in 2001 and have been trying almost every year since to get back but no luck. I still have the badge - Tue April 3, $21!  Costs sure have gone up since then.  :)

No email yet about this year so keeping my fingers crossed.

Would I know if I was banned?  I got 4 practice round tickets in 2016.  2 guys bailed on me at the last minute and I sold 2 on ebay.  Then as we left some guy approached us in the parking lot and offered us $100 each for our tickets for that day.   Of course I took the money...I just wonder if that guy somehow got us banned trying to use a ticket that had already been scanned.  

You just always hear rumors of people being denied tickets and what not.  

Would I know if I was banned?  I got 4 practice round tickets in 2016.  2 guys bailed on me at the last minute and I sold 2 on ebay.  Then as we left some guy approached us in the parking lot and offered us $100 each for our tickets for that day.   Of course I took the money...I just wonder if that guy somehow got us banned trying to use a ticket that had already been scanned.  

I doubt you are banned.  A former coworker the past 10 years has about 20 people put in applications for him.  I think he has only gotten practice tickets for 1 day through the lottery.  The odds are pretty long.

He has regular tickets and goes every year, but is always trying to get additional tickets.  If I ever hit in the ticket lottery I will have to break the news to him that I will be going.

Last edited by a moderator:
No email yet and too nervous to check.

Cap, did you put in for the max 4 practice round tix? If I won I had always thought about keeping two and selling two but I now realize the better move would be to swap a pair with someone else who won another day so I could get the most time on the course possible. 

No email yet and too nervous to check.

Cap, did you put in for the max 4 practice round tix? If I won I had always thought about keeping two and selling two but I now realize the better move would be to swap a pair with someone else who won another day so I could get the most time on the course possible. 
That’s a great idea about swapping. Wonder if there is some kind of way to network that. 

And yes I put in for 4 each practice day. 

That’s a great idea about swapping. Wonder if there is some kind of way to network that. 

And yes I put in for 4 each practice day. 
There is. It starts with sending me two of them.

(Finally logged in myself to confirm my disappointment)

Last edited by a moderator:

This is how I use to get tickets. We would just go on Monday usually and approach people leaving around lunch time.We would get in for $50 to $100. 4 or 5 hours on the course for that price is a steal, especially with a trip through the merchandise store included on the way out. I didn't know that this was still a thing. The last time I went was 2011. May have to make the drive down next year.

@Capella you’ll get plenty of advice but I’ve been a few times on different days so will send you what I’d do...it’s even bettter than you picture it by the way!

My tips and advice are as follows:

1. Get there early. I believe parking is still free but it may be a walk. 

2. For the practice round definitely take a camera. I don't think they allow cell phones yet but I'm not 100% on that. 

3. Find somewhere to sit on #16 and watch the guys skip balls across the pond. I caught a ball that Robert Allenby pitched across the pond after he dug it out of the bank. Also, late in the day watched Kevin Na and his caddie put on a show for the gallery and skipped about 15 or 20 balls.  The crowd gave him the "Na Na Na Na, Na na Na Na, Hey Hey Hey, Goooodbye" as he left the tee box. If I dig hard enough I may be able to find video.

4. Make sure you buy some merchandise. Great prices on hats, shirts, prints, etc. 

5. Plan to bring home a few of the plastic cups that the beers come in. Master's logo and all.

6. Bring your walking shoes. Lots of hills. 

7. Patience.

8. Enjoy.

My tips and advice are as follows:

1. Get there early. I believe parking is still free but it may be a walk. 

2. For the practice round definitely take a camera. I don't think they allow cell phones yet but I'm not 100% on that. 

3. Find somewhere to sit on #16 and watch the guys skip balls across the pond. I caught a ball that Robert Allenby pitched across the pond after he dug it out of the bank. Also, late in the day watched Kevin Na and his caddie put on a show for the gallery and skipped about 15 or 20 balls.  The crowd gave him the "Na Na Na Na, Na na Na Na, Hey Hey Hey, Goooodbye" as he left the tee box. If I dig hard enough I may be able to find video.

4. Make sure you buy some merchandise. Great prices on hats, shirts, prints, etc. 

5. Plan to bring home a few of the plastic cups that the beers come in. Master's logo and all.

6. Bring your walking shoes. Lots of hills. 

7. Patience.

8. Enjoy.
Thanks! Will double back to this in March. 

This is how I use to get tickets. We would just go on Monday usually and approach people leaving around lunch time.We would get in for $50 to $100. 4 or 5 hours on the course for that price is a steal, especially with a trip through the merchandise store included on the way out. I didn't know that this was still a thing. The last time I went was 2011. May have to make the drive down next year.
I figured there were ways to keep this from happening.  They originally scanned our tickets when we walked in and said if we wanted to get back in we would need have our hand stamped.  I assumed if someone tried to use a scanned ticket again they would be denied.  

Users who are viewing this thread