What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How Interested Are You In The Masters Golf Tournament? (1 Viewer)

How Interested Are You In The Masters Golf Tournament?

• Extremely - It's can't miss TV

Votes: 80 30.1%
  • Very - Looking foward to it

Votes: 55 20.7%
  • Somewhat - I'll watch as I know it's iconic and important

Votes: 27 10.2%
  • Not very - May watch a tiny bit but not very interested

Votes: 29 10.9%
  • Not at all - Don't care

Votes: 64 24.1%
  • Actually dislike it - Attention it gets is annoying

Votes: 11 4.1%

• Total voters
I remembered it was happening on Wednesday night, but forgot about it until I saw this topic.  

I'll attend a tournament in person or play a couple rounds a year, but I don't have time to watch golf on TV.

Voted somewhat.  I would be more into it if it was a week later.  A little worn out from watching a lot of NCAA Tourney games and Wrestlemania last weekend.  Not as inclined to watch much TV this weekend

I will watch a little bit this weekend as my schedule allows.  It is shaping up to be a beautiful day outside so I won't be watching much TV.   When I do find some time to watch TV, I will watch the Masters over anything else though.  

Watch as much of it as I can and usually try (though mostly fail) to take masters Friday off work. I play in a tournament every year where my net score on Saturday is combined with a randomly drawn player and his score on Sunday. So Sunday is must-watch. 

Voted extremely. Beyond the financial interest (DFS + Masters Pool), it’s a visually appealing event. I’ve never been to ANGC, but family who have say there isn’t a single blade of grass out of place. 

Started watching this toooonament with my Dad in the early 80s (good memories) and just stayed with it. 

Sunday should be windy and wet, and lots of big names at or near the top of the leaderboard. Combined with NHL and NBA playoffs, and the GoT final season premiere, my Sunday is completely booked. Good times. 

Dumb question (and I guess I'm tipping my hand for how interested I am) - what is the deal with commercials?
There are only two minutes of commercials every hour. Always heavy hitters, who also tend to have CEO's who are members of ANGC. IBM, Travelers, etc. There have even been years that were commercial-free. It's part of the Masters ethos of delivering a better experience than you will find anywhere else.

I would rather go to the dentist twice a day than watch golf on tv. Then again, I am happy when I get a score below 100 so maybe golf just is not my thing.

How Interested Are You In The Masters Golf Tournament?
This year?

Same as every year. Can’t miss tv.

There’s no other sporting event all year where I know the dates months in advance. Always check to see where it falls in relation to Easter. Never make plans.

It’s more to me than the Super Bowl, any other major or tennis grand slam, more than March Madness, Triple Crown, or finals series. Don’t really follow motor sports but I love sports in general. But this one stands alone.

It is my favorite sporting event, every year.

Thursday and Friday - meh. I’ll watch it if I’m around a TV. I’ve never taken a day off or “worked from home” to watch it, which I frequently do on the first two days of March Madness.

Saturday it’s on my TV most of the day, though as background noise for the most part.

Sunday, I clear my afternoon calendar and you better not disturb me.

That all averages out to ... “very”, I guess?

Apple Jack said:
There are only two minutes of commercials every hour. Always heavy hitters, who also tend to have CEO's who are members of ANGC. IBM, Travelers, etc. There have even been years that were commercial-free. It's part of the Masters ethos of delivering a better experience than you will find anywhere else.
I'm not a super huge fan of golf like I am pro and college football. But I am a fan of their tv productions compared to those 2.

Really depends who's on the leader board.   With Phil and Tiger both up there as well as a lot of other big names, this is as good as it gets for a major saturday.  

Anyone surprised by the poll results?

This is about what I expected. For lots of people, they're super passionate about it. And (naturally) want to talk about it. 

I completely understand why this event is so popular and admire it for that, but personally could not possibly care less about it.  Won't spend a minute watching any golf this weekend or any weekend.

Depends on who’s on top of the leaderboard and how close it is. But if I’m interested in players and it’s close, I’m very interested. 

Depends on who’s on top of the leaderboard and how close it is. But if I’m interested in players and it’s close, I’m very interested. 
Can you elaborate? Is it because you have golfers you like? Or do you get more interested if it's new players you don't know? 

It’s normally must-see TV for me but this weekend we’re in Vegas flying back early tomorrow.  We should be home in time to watch the end unless it goes into Monday due to weather. 

The course is absolutely gorgeous, there aren’t a bunch of idiots yelling after every tee shot, and this year is shaping up to be a killer of a finish with the big names at the top of the leaderboard. 

I voted Not At All, but it was hard not to vote Actually Dislike It. But my dislike is because of the 32 extra channels my cable company added for the damn thing that I had to go in and hide on each cable box. So I couldn't bring myself to blame that on the tourney itself.

Joe, since you seem interested here's a few things about the Masters from someone that's been there.

They have their own camera towers built into grounds. No cell phones, but there are banks of telephones with free calls to anywhere. There are speakers built into the foliage with bird and nature sounds. Anyone not behaving well is tossed for life and if it's a group badge, all of them are revoked. Beer and a sandwich cost about $5. There is not a weed on site. Every night they replace the days divots with new grass so the course is pristine again the next day. Security when you walk in looks like Seal team 6. You can leave you chair by the green, go away for an hour and come back and no one will have taken your spot. 

Is the commercial thing in effect for today? 

I sat down for the first time today a minute ago and watched literally 30 seconds of golf and then it rolled to a commercial break. :lmao:  Must be a sign for me. 

Is the commercial thing in effect for today? 

I sat down for the first time today a minute ago and watched literally 30 seconds of golf and then it rolled to a commercial break. :lmao:  Must be a sign for me. 
I've been watching for 40 minutes and that was the first break I saw.

It's beautiful and the shots are classic. - I think I have bigger problem in the decline in the quality of the game. I feel this way about tennis too, it's pushed the players past the physical limits that used to be so challenging. - I voted Very regardless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nugget said:
I remembered it was happening on Wednesday night, but forgot about it until I saw this topic.  

I'll attend a tournament in person or play a couple rounds a year, but I don't have time to watch golf on TV.
What keeps you busy for 5-6 hours on Saturday and Sunday?  Just curious as I always feel lazy when people make these comments.  I went to my sons basketball game, did a bunch of laundry and some other honey-do’s and I still have several hours to just sit around and watch 

It's beautiful and the shots are classic. - I think I have bigger problem in the decline in the quality of the game. I feel this way about tennis too, it's pushed the players past the physical limits that used to be so challenging. - I voted Very regardless.
GB, what do you mean?  I feel like the group of golfers today is the best ever.

Users who are viewing this thread