What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How Interested Are You In The Masters Golf Tournament? (1 Viewer)

How Interested Are You In The Masters Golf Tournament?

• Extremely - It's can't miss TV

Votes: 80 30.1%
  • Very - Looking foward to it

Votes: 55 20.7%
  • Somewhat - I'll watch as I know it's iconic and important

Votes: 27 10.2%
  • Not very - May watch a tiny bit but not very interested

Votes: 29 10.9%
  • Not at all - Don't care

Votes: 64 24.1%
  • Actually dislike it - Attention it gets is annoying

Votes: 11 4.1%

• Total voters
GB, what do you mean?  I feel like the group of golfers today is the best ever.
I agree it’s a great field, i think what I was trying to say is I think the tech is helping the players more now, maybe that makes for a better game. I enjoy the lower scores at the US Open & British where the course can really push them back more. I didn’t mean to be critical, I agree it’s a great field and it’s been a great tournament so far.

Quint said:
Voted extremely. Beyond the financial interest (DFS + Masters Pool), it’s a visually appealing event. I’ve never been to ANGC, but family who have say there isn’t a single blade of grass out of place. 

Started watching this toooonament with my Dad in the early 80s (good memories) and just stayed with it. 

Sunday should be windy and wet, and lots of big names at or near the top of the leaderboard. Combined with NHL and NBA playoffs, and the GoT final season premiere, my Sunday is completely booked. Good times. 
Yes, should be interesting at the least. 

I completely understand why this event is so popular and admire it for that, but personally could not possibly care less about it.  Won't spend a minute watching any golf this weekend or any weekend.
Feel pretty much the same. Until this thread i didn't even know it was this weekend. I don't follow the game at all.

None. Golf is a boring, elitist “sport”, and Augusta is a miserable place.
See, that's kind of the thing. I have zero interest in watching, but i can see getting into the activity myself. I've enjoyed it every time I've gone (granted hasn't been that often) and just being outside doing a low impact activity is enjoyable. It's a lot like baseball or bowling. No desire to watch, fun to play.  But really expensive.

For you guys getting up at 6 am, another dumb question:

How exactly do you watch a golf tournament?

Do you literally watch the entire day? Or do you just watch the leaders round at the end of the day? 

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted Not At All, but it was hard not to vote Actually Dislike It. But my dislike is because of the 32 extra channels my cable company added for the damn thing that I had to go in and hide on each cable box. So I couldn't bring myself to blame that on the tourney itself.
What are the 32 extra channels for the Masters?

For you guys getting up at 6 am, another dumb question:

How exactly do you watch a golf tournament?

Do you literally watch the entire day? Or do you just watch the leaders round at the end of the day? 
I'm not trying to be flip, but I turn on CBS. Then they show me the tournament. Am I missing what you're asking?

I'm not a hardcore golf follower, but watch the majors and maybe a couple of others. 

I'm not trying to be flip, but I turn on CBS. Then they show me the tournament. Am I missing what you're asking?

I'm not a hardcore golf follower, but watch the majors and maybe a couple of others. 
No. I'm asking if you watch from when the first guys tee off today to the end.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'll have it on as long as it's televised. I'll do laundry or whatever while it's on. I don't sit on the couch, hands-on-knees, the entire time.

I don’t think it’s televised the entire day. CBS coverage just began now, a few mins before the final group teed off. 

No. This is the nice thing about watching golf. You don’t have to watch the whole tourney to get it. You can pop on the back 9 Sunday and enjoy it. 

What are the 32 extra channels for the Masters?
It was actually hyperbole. Though it was a dozen channels. A master Masters channel. Then 5 separate channels that were titled something like Masters1-Masters5. Each had a hi def and low def version. I have no idea what they were all for. I just know my cable company automatically sets new channels to be seen rather than hidden. So I had to scroll through them all in the "Hide Channels" section to uncheck them.

It was actually hyperbole. Though it was a dozen channels. A master Masters channel. Then 5 separate channels that were titled something like Masters1-Masters5. Each had a hi def and low def version. I have no idea what they were all for. I just know my cable company automatically sets new channels to be seen rather than hidden. So I had to scroll through them all in the "Hide Channels" section to uncheck them.
Sounds exhausting.

It’s normally must-see TV for me but this weekend we’re in Vegas flying back early tomorrow.  We should be home in time to watch the end unless it goes into Monday due to weather. 

The course is absolutely gorgeous, there aren’t a bunch of idiots yelling after every tee shot, and this year is shaping up to be a killer of a finish with the big names at the top of the leaderboard. 
Found out last night our flight was cancelled and the earliest available wasn’t until tomorrow. Spent all morning watching the Masters. I’m in Vegas and I chose to watch golf, that’s how interested I was in it. Don’t get me wrong, I really do enjoy watching golf so it’s not like this was a huge stretch for me. Very happy to see Tiger win. 

What keeps you busy for 5-6 hours on Saturday and Sunday?  Just curious as I always feel lazy when people make these comments.  I went to my sons basketball game, did a bunch of laundry and some other honey-do’s and I still have several hours to just sit around and watch 
Sex. I got divorced last year. 

Can you elaborate? Is it because you have golfers you like? Or do you get more interested if it's new players you don't know? 
I’m more interested in golfers I already know about. I’d rather watch a match game between tiger and Phil, than the final round of a major where I don’t know any of the players

Voted "Not Very".  Typically watch the end, especially in the case of this year.  Watched a little on Friday too... it was the only thing on at the bar/restaurant I was at.

I didn't realize the tee time had been changed. We were going out for a late lunch and I thought I'd catch the end when I got home but found out the results before we even got to the restaurant. That's about all I ever watch of it but would have liked to have seen the end.

Voted not at all - don't care.  I'd like to say that I really don't care that much about golf, but I don't belittle those who do care about it.  It's just not my cup of tea.  But those trying to tout Tiger's comeback as the greatest achievement in sports is a little vomit enducing.

I like golf and the Masters is my favorite tournament closely followed by the Ryder Cup.  Both are must watch for me, if possible.  

I don't care to see one minute of soccer or hockey.  Different strokes and to each their own.   :shrug:

I didn't realize the tee time had been changed. We were going out for a late lunch and I thought I'd catch the end when I got home but found out the results before we even got to the restaurant. That's about all I ever watch of it but would have liked to have seen the end.
I'm glad the time was changed.  I saw Tiger trending on Sunday AM PST and turned it on while he was on the 14th green.  I was able to catch the final hour or so, was able to meet Mrs. Eephus for lunch at 12:15 and didn't spend four afternoons of build up.

I'm glad the time was changed.  I saw Tiger trending on Sunday AM PST and turned it on while he was on the 14th green.  I was able to catch the final hour or so, was able to meet Mrs. Eephus for lunch at 12:15 and didn't spend four afternoons of build up.
Would've worked out the same for me too if I paid just a little attention to it. I don't really care but it would have been nice to see.

Voted not at all - don't care.  I'd like to say that I really don't care that much about golf, but I don't belittle those who do care about it.  It's just not my cup of tea.  But those trying to tout Tiger's comeback as the greatest achievement in sports is a little vomit enducing.
Agreed.

I'd rather watch the ironman championship or Boston Marathon, but I completely understand others would find that  :loco:

Due to the whole 2020 craziness this might be my most looked forward to event of the year. 

Granted it would excite me either way because it means spring and golf season are here but this year I'm hyped as heck. 

looking forward to it - it will be interesting to see the Masters up against NFL and College Football... how is CBS going to handle that?? 

The Masters will send the leaders off well before noon in the final round for the second year in a row, only this time it’s not weather dictating the decision. Rather, and this could only happen in the year of coronavirus, it’s the CBS Sports television schedule.

Sean McManus, chairman of CBS Sports, told Golf Digest that the final round coverage of the 84th Masters on Sunday, Nov. 15, is scheduled to conclude at 2:30 p.m. EST before the network’s obligation to broadcast afternoon NFL games that begin at 4:05.

“This gives us time for a playoff if there is one, and also, obviously, we want time for the green jacket ceremony and Butler Cabin interviews,” said McManus, who added that Saturday’s third-round coverage will conclude “around 4 or 5” as it leads into the scheduled 6 p.m. kickoff of the SEC showdown between traditional college football powerhouses LSU, the defending national champions, and Alabama

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/2020-masters-in-november-to-have-early-sunday-finish-so-cbs-can-be-ready-to-broadcast-nfl-games-afterward

I typically set my West Coast alarm clock (6amish?) to catch the weekend play for all non-US Majors in both golf and tennis.

Looking forward to seeing Augusta this late in the year.

Going to be be one of the young bucks.

Somewhere between varsity jai alai and junior varsity curling. Not because curling is a better sport than jai alai, it just translates to television better.

Having lived in Augusta, I dislike it. Not a fan of golf under any circumstances, but Augusta National is worse than the average club.

I'm confused on the TV schedule...the tourney tee times moved up, but TV didn't?

2020 Masters schedule, times

Thursday, Nov. 12: 1-5:30 p.m. on ESPN
Friday, Nov. 13: 1-5:30 p.m. on ESPN
Saturday, Nov. 14: 1-5 p.m. on CBS
Sunday, Nov. 15: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. on CBS

Zow said:
SWC said:
i am so interested in this year that it is hard to say it correctly and for once words have failed the old swcer take that to the bank brohans 
You a pimento and cheese kind of guy?
i did not know that this is a thing they eat down around there but i learned it from you and the internet last night but it sounds disgusting i am a turkey and swiss man and always will be anyhow i like watching golf i do not follow it but i have to relax a lot now and my plan this weekend is to split some wood early and then rest in the afternoon and it will be nice to have some green fairways on the idiot tube while i take a load off take that to the bank bromigo 

• Smile
Reactions: Zow
Judge Smails said:
can’t wait to see what DeChambeau does at the Masters. It’s must watch for him alone 
Same.  He claimed he had a 403 (carry distance) drive on the range earlier this week.  211 mph ball speed.  hang time 8.2 seconds.  

He hits it high and far and will be interesting to see how he tries to go over pine trees to cut corners like on 2.  Also interested to see him play 10, 13, and 15.  They may need to install some ponds or a creek down near some of those greens to take driver out of his hands.  Not really.

i did not know that this is a thing they eat down around there but i learned it from you and the internet last night but it sounds disgusting i am a turkey and swiss man and always will be anyhow i like watching golf i do not follow it but i have to relax a lot now and my plan this weekend is to split some wood early and then rest in the afternoon and it will be nice to have some green fairways on the idiot tube while i take a load off take that to the bank bromigo 
Sounds like a wonderful plan but unfortunately the masters is not this weekend but the next. 

Users who are viewing this thread