What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 NBA Playoffs Thread: Toronto Raptors win NBA title #1.33 (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
those 3 black guys they keep showing in the crowd in Boston have to be plants by the organization right? i swear i have seen the same 3 dudes siting near the bench at least 5 times. nice PR move
Got to get that stigma that Boston isn't racist gone somehow. There's plenty of Black players who have come out saying the worst time they ever had was playing in Boston. John LeClair comes into my store a lot as I've said in the past. I brought this up to him since he's from that area and goes there frequently in the summer when the kids are home from School to visit family and friends. He even said there are definitely sections of the city he wouldn't go into if he were a minority. I've seen other people refer to Boston as the South's North city when it comes to bad treatment of minorities. Some say most racist city in the north. Boston back in the day when Jackie Robinson played was one of the worst cities to Robinson. The Phillies were as well but over time the Phillies got better in that department. 

Nobody expected Ben to be close to lebrons level now.  Get out
Not in this forum but yes many expect him to be a Lebron and having him on the team would bring in better FA's. Well that didn't happen and I think some of that has to do with Embiid running his mouth on social media. 

Nobody expected Simmons to be at Lebron's level already. The hope was he could get to that level at some point because of his combo of size and athleticism and ball-handling and passing, which is rare and put him the possible Magic/Lebron/Penny mold. It's ok to still be excited about him. It's also ok to be disappointed in him. It's not ok to say he should be Lebron.

Imagine going to the playoffs and starting Wayne Ellington-Thon Maker-Bruce Brown. Kennard is far and away their best offensive player. Enough said.

They didnt stand a chance with Griffin but this is just pathetic.

modogg said:
has a coach fallen farther in the league than Stevens? his response when his team isn't playing good are getting worse as the season has gone on. If Pacers could hit any shots they would be winning this game by 20+
:lmao:

modogg said:
those 3 black guys they keep showing in the crowd in Boston have to be plants by the organization right? i swear i have seen the same 3 dudes siting near the bench at least 5 times. nice PR move
:loco:

modogg said:
i wonder what he is looking for this off-season. It is crazy how much the majority of the players on the team say how much they hated playing this year, do you think he will re-sign? I could see them approach like they did Smart last year, but this just feels totally different with so many players being vocal how unhappy this season has been for them. Sixers have an intereting off-season ahead of them, but Boston seems to be almost the same. 
glllllll peas

It was cool to see Kareem at the game. I've read that while LA was good for him financially and for prestige, it was Milwaukee that better suited him on a personal level. He was really happy during his time in the city. 

Frostillicus said:
Nobody expected Simmons to be at Lebron's level already. The hope was he could get to that level at some point because of his combo of size and athleticism and ball-handling and passing, which is rare and put him the possible Magic/Lebron/Penny mold. It's ok to still be excited about him. It's also ok to be disappointed in him. It's not ok to say he should be Lebron.
Actually many people couldn't get off the guys nut sack about him being the Next Lebron especially Sixers fans (this was the constant defense and excuse I got for them tanking was to get "The next Lebron and you can't pass that up") as well as many in the media. The problem is many fans fell for the hype. He's soft, needs to be coddled, disinterested in key moments, can't shoot and if Ben didn't have the defense around him people would see just how much he sucks on defense too. Trust me I wasn't one of those NBA fans who just saw Ben's highlights in college. I watched the games since I'm an SEC fan. Ben was not really impressive in many games in college. Most people just saw his highlights on ESPN or wherever. He constantly failed to take over games in college he should've taken over. One of the most overrated prospects in the last 10 yrs in terms of hype. He's a stat padder. I never expected him to be a Lebron or Magic. Honestly I just saw a guy who was afraid and or couldn't shoot a jumper, had a lazy attitude, thought a little too entitled at times, couldn't play defense but was 6-10 and could run the floor and shoot. I've always said He's gonna be a Rudy Gay of the NBA. People will get overly excited about the guys potential, he won't live up to the hype from fans and media, will end up in the coach (in this case Brett Brown) being fired, getting a big contract he shouldn't have and then eventually being traded for peanuts. That contract ends and some other team tries to play mr fix it with him. I'm by no means calling the guys career a failure or a Darko here. I'm just saying he's was incredible overhyped by the media and many fans bought it. Like I stated earlier I've mentioned many of the issues with Ben in the NBA thread for the last few yrs now and even on my old board. I just go the constant defenses that I was just a hater of the guy, oh Lebron didn't develop a jumper till his 2nd or 3rd season in the league, etc etc etc. Now all those people I see who defended his red flags are going after him because now they are a problem. 

I honestly blame the media when guys fail expectations especially NBA prospects. The NBA does a horrible job of developing these players and I've said I won't be surprised by 2026 Olympics if team USA isn't medaling in basketball with the way these European countries are developing talent today. I'd love to see the NBA adopt and adapt rule changes to the FIFA style considering there is a great amount of players who'd benefit it. I think the media and the NBA tells them to sugar coat and overhype prospects because lets be real most of these college kids shouldn't be coming to the NBA right after 1 year of college. I'd like to see the MLB rule of kids can come out at HS or go to college and play 3 yrs of ball. I think if college coaches had a better understanding once they get a kid he's there 3 yrs they'll put more time in developing them. Plus given how bad the prospect pool has been in the draft the media has to overhype the talent at the top to keep the fans of the sucky teams interested. If they know this years top guys are more of role players at best hey maybe you can pull a rabbit out of your ### and one of these guys will be a top 20 player MAYBE are fans really gonna care? 

Either way if the Sixers were smart they'd trade Ben this summer while he still has major value. The one trade I'd like to see made is Ben to LAL for Ingram and Kuzma maybe LaGM James throws in Lonzo too since Daddy wants to leave LA already. With the way Sixers fans are acting on social media right now with Ben's comments on fans booing him the team I think I'm seeing plenty of support right now to just ship him out of town. He just doesn't fit the Sixers roster system wise. 

Actually many people couldn't get off the guys nut sack about him being the Next Lebron especially Sixers fans (this was the constant defense and excuse I got for them tanking was to get "The next Lebron and you can't pass that up") as well as many in the media. The problem is many fans fell for the hype. He's soft, needs to be coddled, disinterested in key moments, can't shoot and if Ben didn't have the defense around him people would see just how much he sucks on defense too. Trust me I wasn't one of those NBA fans who just saw Ben's highlights in college. I watched the games since I'm an SEC fan. Ben was not really impressive in many games in college. Most people just saw his highlights on ESPN or wherever. He constantly failed to take over games in college he should've taken over. One of the most overrated prospects in the last 10 yrs in terms of hype. He's a stat padder. I never expected him to be a Lebron or Magic. Honestly I just saw a guy who was afraid and or couldn't shoot a jumper, had a lazy attitude, thought a little too entitled at times, couldn't play defense but was 6-10 and could run the floor and shoot. I've always said He's gonna be a Rudy Gay of the NBA. People will get overly excited about the guys potential, he won't live up to the hype from fans and media, will end up in the coach (in this case Brett Brown) being fired, getting a big contract he shouldn't have and then eventually being traded for peanuts. That contract ends and some other team tries to play mr fix it with him. I'm by no means calling the guys career a failure or a Darko here. I'm just saying he's was incredible overhyped by the media and many fans bought it. Like I stated earlier I've mentioned many of the issues with Ben in the NBA thread for the last few yrs now and even on my old board. I just go the constant defenses that I was just a hater of the guy, oh Lebron didn't develop a jumper till his 2nd or 3rd season in the league, etc etc etc. Now all those people I see who defended his red flags are going after him because now they are a problem. 

I honestly blame the media when guys fail expectations especially NBA prospects. The NBA does a horrible job of developing these players and I've said I won't be surprised by 2026 Olympics if team USA isn't medaling in basketball with the way these European countries are developing talent today. I'd love to see the NBA adopt and adapt rule changes to the FIFA style considering there is a great amount of players who'd benefit it. I think the media and the NBA tells them to sugar coat and overhype prospects because lets be real most of these college kids shouldn't be coming to the NBA right after 1 year of college. I'd like to see the MLB rule of kids can come out at HS or go to college and play 3 yrs of ball. I think if college coaches had a better understanding once they get a kid he's there 3 yrs they'll put more time in developing them. Plus given how bad the prospect pool has been in the draft the media has to overhype the talent at the top to keep the fans of the sucky teams interested. If they know this years top guys are more of role players at best hey maybe you can pull a rabbit out of your ### and one of these guys will be a top 20 player MAYBE are fans really gonna care? 

Either way if the Sixers were smart they'd trade Ben this summer while he still has major value. The one trade I'd like to see made is Ben to LAL for Ingram and Kuzma maybe LaGM James throws in Lonzo too since Daddy wants to leave LA already. With the way Sixers fans are acting on social media right now with Ben's comments on fans booing him the team I think I'm seeing plenty of support right now to just ship him out of town. He just doesn't fit the Sixers roster system wise. 
Who would you have taken #1?  If you could redraft them right now, who would you take first? Which guys would you take over Simmons right now?

Last edited by a moderator:
Must be that time of the year when people say stuff that makes no sense simply because they are jealous of the Warriors
Not jealous at all - I think the Warriors are the greatest team of all time. They were up big and Durant kept egging on Beverley. Act like you've been there before.

I might be crazy but maybe it would help Ben Simmons if he had an even high school level jump shot. 
if you cant shoot in todays nba you had better be pretty damned special in every other phase of the game or you probably wont last long if i am ben simmons all i do is live in the gym and shoot and shoot and shoot and try to develop a three ala jason kidd and then hey who knows ben simmons could turn in to a really crappy coach take that to the bank bromigos 

8 pts in the third qtr for the pacers? followed by 0 pts in first few minutes of 4th. 
yeah i wanted to bet Indy pre-game. and bet them at halftime. that was fun. Wasn't like Boston did many things different, it was juts like Indy froze up. they had open looks....
Indy's offense can just go missing since the injury to Oladipo 
its not really missing i have not even seen a milk carton about it yet all right mr daytime emmy take that to the bank brochacho 

must be that time of the year when  warriors fans who didnt know what basketball was five years ago show up take that to the bank brohans 
That's a really reply.  If it means the Warriors have been winning championships, I couldn't care less who roots for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey bucks looked pretty good last night take that to the bank brohans 
What are your thoughts on Kareem being at the game?  At first I thought it was cool, but then thought he hated it here and hightailed it out of town as soon as he could, why should people be thankful he stopped in to say hi?

What are your thoughts on Kareem being at the game?  At first I thought it was cool, but then thought he hated it here and hightailed it out of town as soon as he could, why should people be thankful he stopped in to say hi?
hey man i think kareem sort of regrets that and he comes back a lot now to support the bangos so look brohan one stop on the path of the brohan is forgiveness and another is learning from our past and being better in our future so basically i am cool with it and i will allow it take that to the bank brohans 

I love the NBA playoffs.  Good games (for the most part) on TV every night.

C'mon Nets, beat those scrubs from Philly!

Liking ben’s intensity on both ends  so far. Will be interesting to see what the sixers come up with to counteract the bench unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread