What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 NBA Playoffs Thread: Toronto Raptors win NBA title #1.33 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ingram, Brown, Lavert, Brogdon, Zubac, Bembry, Maker,  Pöltl, Heild, Dunn. I would definitely take before Simmons right now. In todays league you need to asa PG have a jumper which Simmons has zero of. For me just too many red flags for me to worth risking a top 5 pick on him. The draft in 16 wasn't great overall so the media really overhyped the prospects big time. If you are also asking who the Sixers should taken at one Ingram given team construction is the guy to pick or Brown or Lavert. The Bigs make zero sense. if they were looking for just a PG then Dunn is a better overall option at 1 than Ben. Ben just doesn't fit the Sixers personal. 
That is a terrible, terrible list.

Also, if you could redraft right now, the only acceptable answers to take over Simmons, and I disagree with all them, are Murray, Hield, and Ingram.

modogg said:
good no call on that travel by Embiid ref. we will take it
To be fair 98% of the players in this league travel every play and you could call an illegal screen on many possessions as well aren't called. league wants as much offense as possible to keep fans entertained. I remember when the Bulls/Heat played especially in the playoffs and games barely got to 100 Its scoring for either team and the neutrals were complaining how boring of a series it was. 

Jj is pretty much the Phil rivers of the nba. Always spazzing out, yelling at teammates, making weird faces.
When he was with the Clippers he was one of the cry babies on that team wit CP3 and others. I loved Reddick in college and always thought in College he was the better of the Morrison and him debate. However he's crying ##### whenever things don't go his way, threw teammates under the bus, etc. Never seemed to take accountability for why the team lost because of his mistakes. LAC was filled with a ton of those guys 

Watching the Phils now. Damn Odubel almost got picked off at 3rd because he thought he got walked in when it was 1st and 3rd not bases loaded. 

It's a blessing and a curse for athletes like him with that size.  Somebody mentioned that about Zion in the NBA thread and I have to agree - outlier talent, but will he be able to stay healthy with that body?

Looney has been really impressive lately and I read somewhere their defeff with Bogut on the floor was something like .91, but neither are Cousins.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey wait a second. This cannot stand!

I posted a pic of my "We Believe" shirt they gave away during the '07 playoffs in one of the old NBA threads (I actually stole it from my dad who was a season ticket holder for 15 years). And somewhere in his attic is my old Sleepy Floyd shirt from like 1985. So that's like what, 1.5 right there? Maybe you're right.

I get defensive because all the Johnny-come-lately fans suck for OG fans, too. I'll accept the small inignity of being lumped in with them as a consequence of Golden State's success a million times over, but none of us can afford to go to the games anymore, either.

I remember running around the bowels of Oakland Coliseum Arena having adventures as a little kid because the games were so boring. And my dad trying to give his extra tickets to charity but they didn't want them  :lmao:

The good ol' days weren't without their charm, but in reality they sucked. You'll never catch me calling them the "Dubs", though.

Go Warriors!
I still have a Hardaway jersey from like 1991-92.....

Their splashy offense gets all the headlines, but one of my favorite things about this run of Warriors playoff basketball is their defense.

Clippers scored 50 on 18/40 shooting, were outrebounded 25-15, coughed up 7 steals en route to 9 turnovers and not a single Clip had a positive +/- and it's barely noticed. I searched Twitter for #warriors#defense hoping for a gnarly highlight for this post and the last post was almost two years old.

Yet here we are talking about the Clippers defense. It's nothing against you, we've become immune to it. We are so spoiled it's ridiculous.
And right on cue, that awesome D gave up 85 in the 2nd half tonight.  Hilarious.

After 6 weeks of watching college hoops it is extremely startling to watch these guys. My wife last night asked why anybody watches college ball. 
That's what I was trying to explain in the NCAA thread. Just not even on the same level of athleticism and competition. You can say they don't play defense but that's because they are going against A++ Blue Chip level squads every night. 

I guess I'd better bookmark this thread since the other one got closed. I can't get by without my fix of @bananafish putting us Lakers fans in our place. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread