What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 NBA Playoffs Thread: Toronto Raptors win NBA title #1.33 (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, neither of your statements are correct.

90% of Michigan is more north than parts of Canada. 

Michigan also has a colder average yearly temperature than Toronto does.
I meant Canada is further south and warmer, which is also incorrect because 99% of Canada is more north than all of Michigan and some of that is like 3 times colder than Michigan.  Your arguments are like saying that the US is more tropical than Mexico because Hawaii.

My main point still stands, Canada is cold as balls.

ETA:  And I guess while I'm at it, you know what else Canada doesn't have?  Mexico and thousands of South American immigrants standing at the border shouting to come in.  To try and compare the immigration policies of a country where 99% of these immigrants can't even travel to with the US is disingenuous at best.

Last edited by a moderator:
I meant Canada is further south and warmer, which is also incorrect because 99% of Canada is more north than all of Michigan and some of that is like 3 times colder than Michigan.  Your arguments are like saying that the US is more tropical than Mexico because Hawaii.

My main point still stands, Canada is cold as balls.
Yes, but most of Canada doesn't live far from the border.  Yes Canada is cold, but Chicago, Detroit, Etc. are not much (or any) colder than Toronto is so if you're using cold as a deterrent for players signing in Toronto, then it would be pretty much the same for them signing in those US cities.

Yes, but most of Canada doesn't live far from the border.  Yes Canada is cold, but Chicago, Detroit, Etc. are not much (or any) colder than Toronto is so if you're using cold as a deterrent for players signing in Toronto, then it would be pretty much the same for them signing in those US cities.
All this hubbub aside, I really hope Kawhi resigns with Toronto and would love to see them stick it to Golden State this week.

depends. how's the contract? is it more than they can get elsewhere? then, yes.
For the top players, isn't it essentially the same as other teams with cap space?  If so, seems like all these stories coming out about the Lakers help the Knicks, Nets, and especially the Clippers.

For the top players, isn't it essentially the same as other teams with cap space?  If so, seems like all these stories coming out about the Lakers help the Knicks, Nets, and especially the Clippers.
Sure, it helps the other teams.  But I'd be shocked if one of the max guys didn't agree to play in LA with LeBron.

I would assume that most top players have known that the Lakers front office is a Dumpster fire long before today.

I've seen local plumbers run their business ten times better than the Lakers are being run.  What a joke.

Whoooooooo boy that espn Lakers story today is [italian chef kiss]
This bit from Pelinka:

"There was one time when Kobe, who I worked with for 18 years, was going back to play in Madison Square Garden, and he had just seen 'The Dark Knight,'" Pelinka said. "Obviously, you guys saw that movie, and he's like, 'Hey, hook me up with dinner with Heath Ledger, because he got so locked into that role. I want to know how he mentally went there.' So, he had dinner with Heath, and he talked about how he locks in for a role.

"And Kobe used some of that in his game against the Knicks."

"The Dark Knight" was released in July 2008, six months after Ledger died. A source with direct knowledge said no such arrangement was made and no dinner ever took place.
:mellow: :lmao:

Saw a proposed 3 team trade:

Sixers get:  Lonzo. 4th pick

Pelicans:  Simmons. Two unprotected 1sts from lakers

Lakers: AD. 

I would not really want Lonzo, but Sixers should be shopping a deal like this so that they can keep Butler and get affordable pieces that fit with Embiid. 

Lakers: AD

I would not really want Lonzo, but Sixers should be shopping a deal like this so that they can keep Butler and get affordable pieces that fit with Embiid. 
Both bolded guys are Rich Paul clients ... the trade as presented is going to be a hard sell for the Pelicans.

I just looked up Ben Simmon's stats with the Sixers. He fills up a stat sheet a lot better than I thought he did. Fairly or not, he's kind of considered a disappointment locally because LSU stumbled while Simmons was the team's best player.

Both bolded guys are Rich Paul clients ... the trade as presented is going to be a hard sell for the Pelicans.

I just looked up Ben Simmon's stats with the Sixers. He fills up a stat sheet a lot better than I thought he did. Fairly or not, he's kind of considered a disappointment locally because LSU stumbled while Simmons was the team's best player.
He's also a disappointment for Philly because he is a liability in the playoffs and has shown little development in his 3 years as a pro and won't even attempt a 3 point shot.

Seeing this Kawhi in these playoffs, really has me begging to know what happened in San Antonio to get it as bad as it did. no doubt Kawhi is giving his all these playoffs so it is intriguing to think what exactly his injury is/was, and what broke down so much to make him force a leave
This is what his uncle just told Chris Haynes.

“I think it just became a lack of trust,” Robertson told Yahoo Sports. “They didn’t believe Kawhi couldn’t play and that caused a lack of trust in us and then us not believing in them. Any time a player says he’s not capable of playing, you should believe him. Why would Kawhi just stop playing all of a sudden? He’s a competitor. Sometimes you get these team doctors telling you what you can and cannot do, and Kawhi was just in too much pain to get out there. This was a serious issue. They didn’t believe him, and after that, the relationship couldn’t recover and we decided we had to move on.”

Lakers at least get AD. Sixers get Lonzo and what? A rookie that has to figure things out for a year? That's a horrendous deal for the sixers.
I would not want Lonzo. But are they going to max Simmons next year but let Butler and Harris go, or have 4 near max deals and no bench?  Trading Simmons is probably the move they need to make. 

Between Lakers and Pelicans, are there other players to make it work with the 4 pick?

lol, has to be some Lakers fan sending that out. no way in hell does that trade ever happen

So the FBG Philly, NO, and LA fans all hate it.  Interesting.

So the FBG Philly, NO, and LA fans all hate it.  Interesting.
Well they do say the best deals are when all parties felt they lost. 

But ya that is an awful deal for Philly.  Call Simmons what you want, but he was an all star this year and I do (maybe partially naively) believe he's going to be a much more rounded player next year.

Lakers sure that's a good deal.  But it's a lot of picks if you think you  may need to hit the reset button.  Can Lebron+AD win a title in the West?  I'm not so sure.

Pelicans have to be the happiest with this deal of all three.  Unless those 1sts are late picks.

I'd give the Pels and Lakers both B's, and Philly a C- on this hypothetical deal.

flranger said:
Shiiiittttttt.....that is beyond the best of all best possible deals for the Lakers
Giving up Lonzo and 3 first rounders for a guy who'll be a free agent at the end of the season? That's a horrible deal for the Lakers.

I love the people in here assuming the 2 other 1sts would be low picks too. The Steve Nash trade wasn't that long ago.

Giving up Lonzo and 3 first rounders for a guy who'll be a free agent at the end of the season? That's a horrible deal for the Lakers.

I love the people in here assuming the 2 other 1sts would be low picks too. The Steve Nash trade wasn't that long ago.
Well even with their awful season, you'd have to think that by adding AD and having a healthy Lebron, this team would likely be a playoff team.  So the picks would probably be in the bottom half of the first round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread