Capella

2019 NBA Playoffs Thread: Toronto Raptors win NBA title #1.33

7 hours ago, wilked said:

Who gets more foul shots tonight?

greek freak or Celts

*serious question 

Celtics - 27, Bucks - 31

1 hour ago, wikkidpissah said:

fish rots @ the head. kyrie is looneytunes tonite, which invariably unleashes the immaturity of his acolytes. i'll gladly take it being close @ half.

yikes. didn't watch the game, but looking at the box score, Kyrie was 4-18. Looking forward to see the C's fans yelling the anti-Kyrie rhetoric for this one. 

this guy usually has the best:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwQPTJWh2tc

Posted (edited)

man, i'd love the C's fans from last year to be in here more. The nut hugging love for Tatum was crazy. Tatum tonight 2-10 and -18. Really don't know if he is going to be that much of a desired asset for a Davis trade anymore

ETA:  Heyward 1-5 in 31 minutes. Holy moly, that contract is going to hurt

Edited by modogg
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, tjnc09 said:

A Vegas Bookmaker said the Warriors would be favored over those Bulls teams so no.

Well, yeah, even Jordan would have trouble with his lateral movement today against guys 20 years younger than him.

21 minutes ago, tjnc09 said:

It's a billion times better than the random opinion of guys posting on the Internet 

1,000,000,000 X 0 = 0

6 minutes ago, modogg said:

man, i'd love the C's fans from last year to be in here more. The nut hugging love for Tatum was crazy. Tatum tonight 2-10 and -18. Really don't know if he is going to be that much of a desired asset for a Davis trade anymore

ETA:  Heyward 1-5 in 31 minutes. Holy moly, that contract is going to hurt

Yup. And I've been vocal about both these same things. I've said from day 1 we overpaid on Hayward. Dude had 1 20ppg season over his entire career the season before we signed him to that deal. Minimal evidence to support that salary. It's going to hold us back.

Tatum got overhyped af. Rookie who averaged a very average 14ppg rookie season, and could only expand it to 15.7 his sophomore year. Pretty sure most young superstars (as he's been billed) are dropping more than 15.7 in their second season.

• Like 2

It's gonna be great when Durant and Leonard play on the Clippers next year. 

For a bunch of grown men, this thread sure does contain a bunch of whining.  Jesus....

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, ShamrockPride said:

Yup. And I've been vocal about both these same things. I've said from day 1 we overpaid on Hayward. Dude had 1 20ppg season over his entire career the season before we signed him to that deal. Minimal evidence to support that salary. It's going to hold us back.

Tatum got overhyped af. Rookie who averaged a very average 14ppg rookie season, and could only expand it to 15.7 his sophomore year. Pretty sure most young superstars (as he's been billed) are dropping more than 15.7 in their second season.

it is interesting with Tatum. I wonder if Brown is valued more than Tatum at this point. I was a Brown doubter, but he did a good job maturing this year, showing he can play different roles on a team and seems to be growing as a player. I know he is due for a new contract before Tatum, but he would seem to be a better asset at this point. 

going to be an interesting off-season for both of us

19 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

For a bunch of grown men, this thread sure does contain a bunch of whining.  Jesus....

Kinda like the entirety of NBA players, no?

The Warriors are so freaking good. 

• Like 1

Horrible 4th foul on Curry, but it's his own fault.  He gets dumb fouls so often in the 1st and 2nd quarter of games.

6 minutes ago, strykerpks said:

Particularly enjoy a Boston fan crying over mistreatment from officials.  FOR ONCE, CAN BOSTON FANS GET FAIR TREATMENT!!!!11111

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Lolz.

BUT THE REFS!!!!!  GEORGE FOSTER!!!!!!  

Golden State is the better team and it's not close.  They are shutting yaps tonight. 

• Like 3

What can you do when green and iguadala play great too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daywalker said:

Is Green a HOFer if he gets another ring?

Did he have a good body of work in college?  Remember, it's not an NBA HOF...it's a basketball HOF.  All of it counts.  My GGGF is in there. :bowtie:

44 minutes ago, Daywalker said:

I think if he doesn't go to utter #### after he gets paid next year, then yeah, probably. He'll be remembered as a vital cog on a team that won 3+ titles.

Dunno why Curry is hucking up shots down the stretch. Just get it to KD, target Gerald Green, lather rinse repeat.

15 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Denver/GS will be a great series.  

No

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Denver in 5, IMO.

Denver is not that good.  Might not even win the one game that GS gifts them

Durant isn't playing like someone who is miserable and wants to leave

• Like 1

Seemed like a game gsw should have won by 15+.

Houston will be tough at home.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, tjnc09 said:

He finally seems to be making a mark in gsw.  Think with Lebron missing the playoffs the landscape has changed a bit.  Durant getting that best player in the league shine.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tjnc09 said:

Denver is not that good.  Might not even win the one game that GS gifts them

Hope this post doesn't age as well as you think it will.  

13 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Hope this post doesn't age as well as you think it will.  

I don't know what you see in Denver that realistically worries GS.  Perhaps you have had a few drinks tonight.  

45 minutes ago, tjnc09 said:

He's a good company man, that's for sure. Gonna miss the guy.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, tjnc09 said:

I don't know what you see in Denver that realistically worries GS.  Perhaps you have had a few drinks tonight.  

Nobody thinks the team you started cheering for 7 years ago is in any danger of losing to anybody.  Relax, nerd. 

7 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Nobody thinks the team you started cheering for 7 years ago is in any danger of losing to anybody.  Relax, nerd. 

:lmao: that's definitely the one positive you have rooting for Oregon teams - nobody is going to accuse of being a bandwagon fan of that trash

8 hours ago, modogg said:

any thoughts on 21 point losses on the road?

Not good, just gave back all of Milwaukee's confidence. Still, a split and a single beat down is a good bit better than being down 0-2.

My favorite part of last night was the between game show talking about the refs in GS/HOU Game 1 for 10 minutes.  Then throw it to Reggie who talks about the refs for three minutes, and then Reggie concludes with "what I don't get is why all the sports talk radio shows were obsessed with the refs all day today, these are some great teams playing great basketball."  Made Kerr's supposed hypocrisy look extremely tame.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jayrod said:

Not good, just gave back all of Milwaukee's confidence. Still, a split and a single beat down is a good bit better than being down 0-2.

Pretty sure milwaukee wasnt hurting for confidence. All the interviews i heard on local mke radio sounded the same as every other interview all season. 

6 hours ago, tjnc09 said:

:lmao: that's definitely the one positive you have rooting for Oregon teams - nobody is going to accuse of being a bandwagon fan of that trash

Sadly a bit true. I dont even have to explain i was born in oregon when i wear blazers gear here. If i had a dollar for every time somebody asked me where is rip city, well i guess i would have like 6 bucks, but still. 

I’m not a fan of either team, no money in it etc but my god Kevin Harlan sounded like he was rising to an orgasm every time GS made a basket. Then he would say “Harden for 3” at a quarter of the volume. How do Rockets fans sit through this? It annoyed the hell out of me. 

9 hours ago, strykerpks said:
10 hours ago, General Malaise said:

you fouled me with that post take that to the bank brohan

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Daywalker said:

Green is a HOF type of role player in a great situation and has taken advantage of that situation.  Had the Pistons drafted him nobody would even know he is in the league.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

Green is a HOF type of role player in a great situation and has taken advantage of that situation.  Had the Pistons drafted him nobody would even know he is in the league.

Being put into a great situation for your talent is like 50% of being successful in any sport league.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Capella said:

I’m not a fan of either team, no money in it etc but my god Kevin Harlan sounded like he was rising to an orgasm every time GS made a basket. Then he would say “Harden for 3” at a quarter of the volume. How do Rockets fans sit through this? It annoyed the hell out of me. 

I didn't notice the disparity (I believe I recall some excitement over multiple Houston plays, but admit it could have been unbalanced), but I was pulling for GS and love Harlan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Capella said:

Harlan is great.  I miss him calling Wolves games.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bull Dozier said:

I didn't notice the disparity (I believe I recall some excitement over multiple Houston plays, but admit it could have been unbalanced), but I was pulling for GS and love Harlan.

I’m usually a huge Harlan fan. Maybe my tv volume was jacked up or something. 

14 minutes ago, Capella said:

I’m usually a huge Harlan fan. Maybe my tv volume was jacked up or something. 

sound was great on my plasma

On to Racism Garden!! FREE KYRIE!!!! #leprecharma

1 hour ago, Vanilla Guerrilla said:

Harlan is great.  I miss him calling Wolves games.

My boys were incredulous when I told them Harlan used to do local Twolves broadcasts.

1 hour ago, mr. furley said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26633540/the-nba-obsessed-3s-let-fix-thing

"Consider this crazy stat: During the 2018- 2019 regular season, NBA shooters made 27,955 3-point shots. That's more than they made during the entire 1980s (23,871)."

Klay's 14 in a game against the NO is more than the 82 Lakers had.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mr. furley said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26633540/the-nba-obsessed-3s-let-fix-thing

"Consider this crazy stat: During the 2018- 2019 regular season, NBA shooters made 27,955 3-point shots. That's more than they made during the entire 1980s (23,871)."

I loved this. I agree with Goldsberry, it's a real problem for the league. The increase in three-point shooting was great for the game in the early part of the decade when it led to better spacing and more ball movement, but now things seem to be moving in the other direction.

I'd like to see them move the line to 25 or maybe even 26 feet, and also get rid of the line that shortens corner 3s like he suggests. Maybe they could widen the court to 52 feet instead of 54 feet as a compromise between the need to change the rule and not wanting to make things too difficult for the arena managers dealing with seating plans.

Edited by TobiasFunke
  • Like 2