What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What Is Angelina Jolie's Signature Role? (1 Viewer)

What Is Angelina Jolie's Signature Role?

• Kate - Hackers

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Gia Carangi - Gia

Votes: 15 13.3%
  • Amelia Donaghy - The Bone Collector

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Lisa - Girl, Interrupted

Votes: 16 14.2%
  • Sara "Sway" Wayland - Gone In 60 Seconds

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Lara Croft - Tomb Raider

Votes: 58 51.3%
  • Franky - Sky Captain And The World Of Tomorrow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jane Smith - Mr. & Mrs. Smith

Votes: 7 6.2%
  • Mariane - A Mighty Heart

• Tigress - Kung Fu Panda

• Christine Collins - Changling

• Fox - Wanted

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Evelyn Salt - Salt

• Elyse Clifton-Ward - The Tourist

• Maleficent - Maleficent

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters

Anarchy99

Footballguy
What is Angelina Jolie's signature role? Not sure if there is a clear choice or if people even care. I am guessing it will come down to Tomb Raider or Mr. & Mrs.Smith, but she won a Best Supporting Actress Oscar for Girl, Interrupted and was nominated for Best Actress for Changling.

Looking at that list makes it apparent that her fame massively exceed the quality of her movies.
Absolutely. She never really got a great movie and may end up being forgotten. It’s rare but it has happened before where a big movie star has hits but never lands a movie that stands the test of time. Hedy Lamarr seems like the best coomoarison. She was more famous for her beauty than anything and none of her movoes are considered classics. Although Hedy has come into more fame in recent years as she has finally received the acknowledgment she deserves as an inventor and one the more important figures of the technological revolution of the last 75 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Angelina has had a weird acting career. Her films have brought in $6 billion at the global box office, but half of that is from Maleficent, Shark Tale, and the Kung Fu Panda movies. Basically, her Disney and kids movies earned half of her career box office. She's done some more independent films or maybe more critically acclaimed films, but not many people say them. So she's either been in lighter fair that was mediocre, may have been ok in films no one really saw, but hasn't really been a standout in a popular film that anyone really cared much about.

I really like Changeling and Gia but it has to be Lara Croft by a mile

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sort of with the other commenters. I don't think Jolie has a signature role. Whether that is her fault as an actress/script judge or not is something I would tend to leave to the crowd. 

Her philantrophy and publicizing difficult medical decisions after discovering she had a bad version of the BRCA1 gene will have impact beyond her movies.

Early in her career, she co-starred in a TV movie where she played the wife of Alabama governor George Wallace (played by Gary Sinese). She nearly stole the show, and I remember thinking as I watched the movie that she was gonna be a big star someday.

Absolutely. She never really got a great movie and may end up being forgotten. It’s rare but it has happened before where a big movie star has hits but never lands a movie that stands the test of time. Hedy Lamarr seems like the best coomoarison. She was more famous for her beauty than anything and none of her movoes are considered classics. Although Hedy has come into more fame in recent years as she has finally received the acknowledgment she deserves as an inventor and one the more important figures of the technological revolution of the last 75 years.
It's Hedley!

as far as movies are concerned I think about her work with louie zamperini on unbroken

what a cool relationship they had

Users who are viewing this thread